Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my under eyes so a full size jar is going to last me a loooong time. I personally wouldn’t recommend getting the travel size as it’s significantly smaller but only $15 cheaper so it’s not as good of value. I find if I only apply a really thin dusting it sets my under eye beautifully and lasts all day. I can’t bake with this though because my eyes look wayyyy too dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

on 1/12/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

on 12/8/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size of this to try out... 30$ canadian for less than 10 grams of product... umm even if i loved this i couldn’t bring myself to repurchase. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless but that doesn’t last the whole day. It helps control oil... sometimes. If it’s muggy outside or i’m wearing a foundation that doesn’t particularly last great on me, this powder doesn’t help out unlike my Maybelline fit me loose powder.

on 12/1/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using the Laura Mercier translucent powder daily for two months now and I still don't know what to think about it. Sometimes it makes myskin look smooth and not too matte but oftentimes I need more than just a tiny layer to combat the shine and then it it's too obvious. Moreover it certainly doesn't control oil but I'm sure no pow(d)er on earth can do such thing anyway. I've used the velour puff but I got less even distribution than with a powder brush. The packaging is beautiful and a lot less messy than I expected. Unfortunately there are too many kinds of parabens listed. Overall it's I found it a bit underwhelming and won't repurchase.

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you heard a lot of this powder it`s because it`s worth its money. It gives the face such a delicate touch and look! It cannot be compared to any drugstore setting powder (and trust me..i TRIED). It can make any foundation last longer on the skin without giving it that heavily powder look.
TIP: It lasts longer on the skin when you bake with it, rather than applying it and then wiping it off with the brush/beauty blender.
Save your money and invest in this. It WORKS.

on 9/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can get this product in two different sizes:
.33 oz - $23 USD
1 oz - $38 USD

There is also a puff available for purchase for $15 USD. They come in two finishes. Translucent and Transucent Medium Deep.

I had visited my local Sephora and scooped up a very generous sample of this product. The powder is very finely milled and feels like silk on your face. It's great for setting and for baking. I had zero flashback. I set the problem areas of my face as I layer my makeup. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this product. It's beautiful and that full ounce will made you quite awhile! There are other setting powders that really work just as good for cheaper but if you want a higher end product it is wonderful.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]