Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 5/7/2018 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay, the hype is real with this one. I was really curious to try this translucent loose powder and yes, it delivers. I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I am always on the lookout for the most mattifying powder that doesn't cake up or irritate my skin. It is a very fine, silky powder which applies like a dream and never looks cakey or patchy. It keeps me nice and matte throughout the day (I pair it with a matte foundation and mattifying primer, so I don't know which product contributes the most to that tbh). The package is nice; a big, sturdy container with a twist sifter inside, so you can determine how much to poor out by rotating it. When travelling, you don't have to be afraid to open the cap and see half your powder fly everywhere - which it does already a bit because it is so finely milled, be careful! The one downside is the cost; a little cheaper would be nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

on 3/26/2018 12:16:00 AM

This is my favorite powder to set my foundation without making it so powdery and cakey. It smoothens my base and helps my makeup last all day long. It doesn't break me out like other powder. However, it's quite pricey. But still, since I can't find any alternatives for it, I guess I will have to repurchase it again if I run out of it.

I keep repurchasing this product even though it is not my favorite. I have combo/oily skin. The finish is beautiful initially, but I am oily after an hour. I have tried many different foundation/application methods and have the same results. The packaging is okay, it can be a little messy dispensing product. Overall, it is a meh product to me.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my under eyes so a full size jar is going to last me a loooong time. I personally wouldn’t recommend getting the travel size as it’s significantly smaller but only $15 cheaper so it’s not as good of value. I find if I only apply a really thin dusting it sets my under eye beautifully and lasts all day. I can’t bake with this though because my eyes look wayyyy too dry.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

on 1/12/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

on 12/8/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size of this to try out... 30$ canadian for less than 10 grams of product... umm even if i loved this i couldn’t bring myself to repurchase. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless but that doesn’t last the whole day. It helps control oil... sometimes. If it’s muggy outside or i’m wearing a foundation that doesn’t particularly last great on me, this powder doesn’t help out unlike my Maybelline fit me loose powder.

on 12/1/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using the Laura Mercier translucent powder daily for seven months now, more than half is left and I still don't know what to think about it.

Sometimes it makes my skin look smooth and not flat but oftentimes I need more than just a tiny layer to combat the shine and then it it's obvious texture-wise. Moreover it doesn't control oil very well although I'm now convinced that no pow(d)er on earth can do such thing anyway. I've used the velour puff but I got less even distribution than with an actual brush.

The packaging is beautiful and a lot less messy than I expected. Firtunately the color doesn't mess with my foundation, I'm fair and neutral to warm. It doesn't darken my complexion, doesn't look chalky either.

Unfortunately there are too many kinds of parabens listed. Overall it's I found it a bit underwhelming and won't repurchase.