Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

This powder is one of the best I've tried to make sure my concealer & foundation NEVER CREASE or BUDGE (I don't bake!)

It's very finely milled and just makes everything come together on my face. How come I haven't given it a 5/5? Well...

It makes my under-eyes look extremely dry...To the point where I can't use this daily since it's looks like I've put on a ton of makeup.

However: This powder is FANTASTIC (and probably the best) for flash/4K/HD photography as well as videos. So it's fantastic for screen actors!!

Purchase this powder if:
- You love an extreme matte look
- You are a screen actor
- Going to take some HD photos/videos with natural light & flash
- Just FED UP with creasing

Don't purchase if:
- You want a natural look (no makeup makeup!)
- have a dry eye area
- Have very mature skin (unless you want to look very dry!)

on 8/14/2018 2:33:00 AM

Everyone raves about this powder so I thought I’d try it. At first, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and baked with this powder. It went so cakey and patchy, even boys at work noticed. I tried it out once more, used it more lightly than baking and with a different concealer, same thing! I wish I could’ve made it work :(.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

I have tried countless setting powders from drugstore to h high end. I have a whole collection that are still all full...Coty Air Spun, NYX HD Setting Powder, Cover FX, etc. I've heard hype about this for years but refused to spend that kind of money on yet another powder that would disappoint. But then I received a sample in my Sephora Play and the angels sang! This translucent powder goes on so smoothly, is completely invisible, doesn't take the dewiness out of my foundation and makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I use a big soft fluffy brush to apply and blend really well, then I'll spray the flat part of my beauty blender with my setting spray and push the powder into my face with it...this trick is one of the best I've learned...it makes the powder sink right into your skin so you literally cannot detect a trace if powder without diminishing any of the benefits of it. It also increases the longevity. I never have to touch up my concealer or foundation during the day nor do I have to reapply powder. I cannot stress how good this is..it gives me an airbrushed look. And it's worth the extra money because one jar lasts a LONG time!

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

on 3/26/2018 12:16:00 AM

This is my favorite powder to set my foundation without making it so powdery and cakey. It smoothens my base and helps my makeup last all day long. It doesn't break me out like other powder. However, it's quite pricey. But still, since I can't find any alternatives for it, I guess I will have to repurchase it again if I run out of it.

I keep repurchasing this product even though it is not my favorite. I have combo/oily skin. The finish is beautiful initially, but I am oily after an hour. I have tried many different foundation/application methods and have the same results. The packaging is okay, it can be a little messy dispensing product. Overall, it is a meh product to me.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my under eyes so a full size jar is going to last me a loooong time. I personally wouldn’t recommend getting the travel size as it’s significantly smaller but only $15 cheaper so it’s not as good of value. I find if I only apply a really thin dusting it sets my under eye beautifully and lasts all day. I can’t bake with this though because my eyes look wayyyy too dry.