Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you heard a lot of this powder it`s because it`s worth its money. It gives the face such a delicate touch and look! It cannot be compared to any drugstore setting powder (and trust me..i TRIED). It can make any foundation last longer on the skin without giving it that heavily powder look.
TIP: It lasts longer on the skin when you bake with it, rather than applying it and then wiping it off with the brush/beauty blender.
Save your money and invest in this. It WORKS.

on 9/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can get this product in two different sizes:
.33 oz - $23 USD
1 oz - $38 USD

There is also a puff available for purchase for $15 USD. They come in two finishes. Translucent and Transucent Medium Deep.

I had visited my local Sephora and scooped up a very generous sample of this product. The powder is very finely milled and feels like silk on your face. It's great for setting and for baking. I had zero flashback. I set the problem areas of my face as I layer my makeup. There really isn't anything bad I can say about this product. It's beautiful and that full ounce will made you quite awhile! There are other setting powders that really work just as good for cheaper but if you want a higher end product it is wonderful.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

on 8/24/2017 12:43:00 PM

Powder is quite a nice one.... just dont get it why it oxidizes my undereye concealer? looks really odd... end up putting few powders on my face. and keeping in mind how expensive it is..

on 7/23/2017 2:24:00 PM

I was pretty disappointed with this powder. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I just don't understand why so many people love it. Maybe I just have weird skin, I don't know. Oil control is not all that great, and it doesn't take too much of it for it to start looking cakey. Which means reapplying it often (as I have to do) results in cake-face.

I have bought drugstore powders that did better for me than this, so I don't think I will be repurchasing. I really wanted to like it and will certainly use up this container considering what it cost, but I'll be on to something else after that.

UPDATE: I'm upgrading this review from a 2 to a 4 because I tried it with a different foundation, and it's like a different powder! At first, I used it with the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation (it's a liquid foundation) and I was not impressed. But when I tried it again using the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, it works beautifully! I cannot believe the difference. It just interacts so much better with it, and I love it using this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this powder, i do not like the price, though. It is just a setting powder, there is no coverage or anything that truly justifies it's price. The reason why I would repurchase it is because it is the only powder that I can bake with that does not make me look like a cake face when I am done. I have used two other powders (Senegence translucent powder, you get it through a distributor, and the LA pro girl translucent powder) and they made me look hilarious and I thought I would never be able to bake my face and have flawless looking skin. I use it so I can keep my oil from shining through, I even use mattifying primers and it never fails, my oils still come through unless I bake my face. I do wish that the packaging had a twisty thing to keep the powder from spilling out on the inside, that is the reason for the 3 star on packaging, when I open it, the powder can spill out if I am not careful.

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.