Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 1/4/2019 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am so impressed with this. I have oily skin and whatever I do in my morning makeup routine, it’s a guarantee that I will be oily in a few hours.
I don’t love powders because applying on oily skin can make it look cakey.
I had heard great reviews about this and a friend of mine, who’s skin looked flawless one day, said it was due to this product.
First application was in the morning and I was really surprised by how invisible the powder was and how flawless my skin looked. Without the powdery and sucked dry matte look. I follow up with an oily skin setting spray.
By the afternoon my skin was dewy looking and the powder had not oxidised. I decided to pat in some more powder to see how that worked and again, my skin looked lovely. Not cakey or patchy.
I also have fine lines around my eyes and this did not settle in them either, most powders do.
I will buy this again, I love it, it makes my skin look lovely. It isn’t cheap but you get a lot of product so it will last ages. More so than a pressed powder. I got this with an offer and when I come to rebuy, I will look for an offer again.
I do recommend this, especially for us oily skinned ladies.

on 1/4/2019 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is not a horrible powder but I won't buy it again. I have been spoiled by Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless Finish Pressed Powder, which I can even use under my eyes because the finish is so natural-looking. Even RCMA's No Color Powder works better for me than Laura Mercier's loose powder, and RCMA is much cheaper. There are many products to love in the Laura Mercier line besides this one. I really like Laura's Tinted Moisturizer, foundations, and Caviar Sticks. But this powder doesn't sink into my skin seamlessly the way the others do and it looks especially terrible when I use it to set my concealer. It looks cakey and obvious. For that reason, it is not worth the high price to me.

on 11/16/2018 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I liked this but its not worth its £30 price tag. I bought mine on an offer so it was more cost effective but I wouldn’t repurchase. It is quite a thick powder, not finely milled at all and although oil controlling properties are good, it very much depends on the liquid foundation you pair this with in order to see its benefits. This did wonders for my Clinique Beyond Perfecting and Urban Decay Naked Skin; but nothing for my MAC foundations. One tub lasted me only 5 months which was also slightly disappointing - I seemed to need to use a lot of this to set my face appropriately.

Good but not incredible considering the price.

This powder is one of the best I've tried to make sure my concealer & foundation NEVER CREASE or BUDGE (I don't bake!)

It's very finely milled and just makes everything come together on my face. How come I haven't given it a 5/5? Well...

It makes my under-eyes look extremely dry...To the point where I can't use this daily since it's looks like I've put on a ton of makeup.

However: This powder is FANTASTIC (and probably the best) for flash/4K/HD photography as well as videos. So it's fantastic for screen actors!!

Purchase this powder if:
- You love an extreme matte look
- You are a screen actor
- Going to take some HD photos/videos with natural light & flash
- Just FED UP with creasing

Don't purchase if:
- You want a natural look (no makeup makeup!)
- have a dry eye area
- Have very mature skin (unless you want to look very dry!)

on 8/14/2018 2:33:00 AM

Everyone raves about this powder so I thought I’d try it. At first, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and baked with this powder. It went so cakey and patchy, even boys at work noticed. I tried it out once more, used it more lightly than baking and with a different concealer, same thing! I wish I could’ve made it work :(.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

I have tried countless setting powders from drugstore to h high end. I have a whole collection that are still all full...Coty Air Spun, NYX HD Setting Powder, Cover FX, etc. I've heard hype about this for years but refused to spend that kind of money on yet another powder that would disappoint. But then I received a sample in my Sephora Play and the angels sang! This translucent powder goes on so smoothly, is completely invisible, doesn't take the dewiness out of my foundation and makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I use a big soft fluffy brush to apply and blend really well, then I'll spray the flat part of my beauty blender with my setting spray and push the powder into my face with it...this trick is one of the best I've learned...it makes the powder sink right into your skin so you literally cannot detect a trace if powder without diminishing any of the benefits of it. It also increases the longevity. I never have to touch up my concealer or foundation during the day nor do I have to reapply powder. I cannot stress how good this is..it gives me an airbrushed look. And it's worth the extra money because one jar lasts a LONG time!

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

on 3/26/2018 12:16:00 AM

This is my favorite powder to set my foundation without making it so powdery and cakey. It smoothens my base and helps my makeup last all day long. It doesn't break me out like other powder. However, it's quite pricey. But still, since I can't find any alternatives for it, I guess I will have to repurchase it again if I run out of it.