69%

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

Powder is quite a nice one.... just dont get it why it oxidizes my undereye concealer? looks really odd... end up putting few powders on my face. and keeping in mind how expensive it is..

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

3 years ago

For reference: Nc30, warm and yellow this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks. Definitely would repurchase.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

3 years ago

I was pretty disappointed with this powder. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I just don't understand why so many people love it. Maybe I just have weird skin, I don't know. Oil control is not all that great, and it doesn't take too much of it for it to start looking cakey. Which means reapplying it often (as I have to do) results in cake-face. I have bought drugstore powders that did better for me than this, so I don't think I will be repurchasing. I really wanted to like it and will certainly use up this container considering what it cost, but I'll be on to something else after that. UPDATE: I'm upgrading this review from a 2 to a 4 because I tried it with a different foundation, and it's like a different powder! At first, I used it with the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation (it's a liquid foundation) and I was not impressed. But when I tried it again using the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, it works beautifully! I cannot believe the difference. It just interacts so much better with it, and I love it using this foundation.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

3 years ago

Youtube unfortunately made me buy this.. I have oily combination skin, and this is not helpfull at all. Is mattes you down, yet the makeup still feels wet and my skin oily. It's also not as fine as I expected, I will never use this again

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

this is really good for the first application of the day but it doesn't do retouching well.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair

3 years ago

I purchased this item in the trial size ($23). I have tried numerous drugstore powders and decided to bite the bullet and by this high end powder. This powder is the best powder I have ever tried. This sets my under eye beautifully. Eventually I would like to try RCMA or Ben Nye powder as well (thanks YouTube). I am NC44-45 and this looked great for my highlighted areas, I did not place this on the other areas of my face. Would highly recommend, and am unsure if I will repurchase (I'm a frugal gal). I will try Ben Nye and RCMA next since they are easier on the wallet.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Other

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I do like this powder, i do not like the price, though. It is just a setting powder, there is no coverage or anything that truly justifies it's price. The reason why I would repurchase it is because it is the only powder that I can bake with that does not make me look like a cake face when I am done. I have used two other powders (Senegence translucent powder, you get it through a distributor, and the LA pro girl translucent powder) and they made me look hilarious and I thought I would never be able to bake my face and have flawless looking skin. I use it so I can keep my oil from shining through, I even use mattifying primers and it never fails, my oils still come through unless I bake my face. I do wish that the packaging had a twisty thing to keep the powder from spilling out on the inside, that is the reason for the 3 star on packaging, when I open it, the powder can spill out if I am not careful.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35