69%

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype. I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth. Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way. I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

2 years ago

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product ????

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairOther

3.0

2 years ago

I bought the travel size of this to try out... 30$ canadian for less than 10 grams of product... umm even if i loved this i couldn’t bring myself to repurchase. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless but that doesn’t last the whole day. It helps control oil... sometimes. If it’s muggy outside or i’m wearing a foundation that doesn’t particularly last great on me, this powder doesn’t help out unlike my Maybelline fit me loose powder.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3.0
from

2 years ago

I've been using the Laura Mercier translucent powder daily for seven months now, more than half is left and I still don't know what to think about it. Sometimes it makes my skin look smooth and not flat but oftentimes I need more than just a tiny layer to combat the shine and then it it's obvious texture-wise. Moreover it doesn't control oil very well although I'm now convinced that no pow(d)er on earth can do such thing anyway. I've used the velour puff but I got less even distribution than with an actual brush. The packaging is beautiful and a lot less messy than I expected. Fortunately the color doesn't mess with my foundation, I'm fair and neutral to warm. It doesn't darken my complexion, doesn't look chalky either. Unfortunately there are too many kinds of parabens listed. Overall it's I found it a bit underwhelming and won't repurchase. Εdit: Took me a little less than two years to finish the whole tub.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I didn't want to give into the hype of this product after years of hearing people rave about it, I finally gave in. I am so impressed with this it makes myself look so smooth and flawless it looks absolutely amazing. I am so happy I bought it, I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

2 years ago

I love this powder. I don't think it makes my skin matte at all, because ten minutes after applying this my skin is super shiny, however, it does minimize my pores and texture like a boss! I have bumpy skin due to acne scars and active breakouts and this sweeps over them to make my face look perfectly smooth! Definitely recommend!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

I would never understand the hype for this product!The texture is thick and coarse!The finish is a lifeless matte mask.This powder sucks all the moisture of your skin The ingredients are irritating and acgenique (parabens ,exthilexil palmitate ) The worst powder I ever had

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Tan

HairBrown

EyesOther

2 years ago

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive