Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 2/6/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh, I wanted to love this! So many people have raved about this so I decided to cave and buy this. It's just okay. Nothing special... I have very oily/acne-prone skin. I didn't notice a different in it prolonging the wear of my foundation and I got a few whiteheads on my chin after wearing it once. I'll stick to my $4 NYC Loose Powder that works better and 1/10 of the price. I say save your money and pass!

This is probably one of the best buys of 2017 for me. I use creamy foundation so this powder not only adds a touch of matt but provides such a lovely subtle shine and contouring effect as well. Furthermore, it lasts all day which is always a plus.
To use it best, dampen a makeup sponge and apply it under your eyes down to the end of your nose and then blend it. For a very contoured look apply two layers and a dab on the tip of your nose. It will make you look flawless and glowing!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wish I had bought the smaller tub of this before I bought the full size. While I do think this is a great powder, I think that people with clog-prone, acneic skin should approach cautiously.

I have friends that have no issue with this breaking them out-- I guess I'm one of the unlucky few that got clogged pore bumps all over my cheeks from using this. I didn't realize it was this powder until I stopped using it completely, but it took me about a month to finally extract all of those clogged pores out. I used this powder all over my t-zone and used it to "bake" under my eyes and it did a fantastic job and left me with a lovely finish, though I don't think it made my makeup last any longer than my other loose powders.

I will say, however, that I like the packaging. Unlike some loose powders, that puff of powdery smoke doesn't come up when you open the lid and I find that it dispenses the right amount of powder into the tub without spilling everywhere. The plastic also feels sturdy and secure--not like some other powders where if I drop it, I fear the cap will come off and it'll explode everywhere.

I'll probably give this away to a friend or keep it to use on family members when I do their makeup. For now, I will always and will continue to use Coty Airspun powder to bake, set my undereyes, and set my face. If you had a problem with this powder, I find Coty Airspun is a great alternative for a fraction of the price.

on 1/20/2017 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for years and I can't really see myself using any other loose or pressed powder. It keeps everything in place without adding a chalky or white cast to my face (which is already incredibly pale) and works well with the foundations/concealers I use (currently: NYX BB cream and Tarte Shape Tape concealer). I only wish the price point were lower.

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

worth the buy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this for a stupid but logical reason I heard raves about this so I wanted to try it for argument sake since I loved the secret brightening powder however the pot is so small I ran out of it too quickly and this big ol thing caught my eye
I have oily skin in the middle dry all over and I try my best to compensate for the two ( serums , exfoliate when needed , dewy setting sprays ) however because I'm oily too I have to set everything I put on .. in other words when I do reviews I make sure it's not something I'm doing or changed.
This was good, blurred my pores, gave me a nice brightening finish in the middle of my face where i need it.
Didn't feel chalky it felt nice on the skin and it did keep me matte but it kept me too matte.
By the end of the night my face felt completely dehydrated and looked horrible.
My dry spots came through and note this is with serum : hydrating primer : and fix plus
I feel like as a whole I can get away with this in the summer and might even like it in the summer but in the dead of winter it's a no go.
Back to secret brightening ..

on 12/29/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder, but it doesn't do everything I wish it would. Don't get me wrong though - for what it does do, it's amazing!
Pros: It sets my foundation on my t-zone perfectly. Keeps oil away and adds a little extra coverage (definitely not as translucent as I thought it would be, but I'm actually kind of happy about that, tbh). It cleans up my contour SO nicely, leaving my lines more defined. It also is the only powder that stops foundation from settling into my fine lines! I have smile lines and a wrinkle straight across my forehead, and this stuff keeps it from gunking up. So awesome!

Cons: I can't use it under my eyes, because it's so drying. I have to use a separate powder to set my under- eye concealer. I also can't use it to set my foundation all over my face because it does look a tad powdery.

Price: it's expensive. But for my personal needs, it's worth it.

Packaging: It's good. A jar with a sifter that you can shake into a twist off lid. Some powders in this type of packaging are impossible to dispense but this one comes out easily.

Tips: I definitely recommend using a setting spray with this powder to make the finish look more natural. Try to just use this on your oily areas because it can be quite drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.