Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Translucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting PowderTranslucent Loose Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

worth the buy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this for a stupid but logical reason I heard raves about this so I wanted to try it for argument sake since I loved the secret brightening powder however the pot is so small I ran out of it too quickly and this big ol thing caught my eye
I have oily skin in the middle dry all over and I try my best to compensate for the two ( serums , exfoliate when needed , dewy setting sprays ) however because I'm oily too I have to set everything I put on .. in other words when I do reviews I make sure it's not something I'm doing or changed.
This was good, blurred my pores, gave me a nice brightening finish in the middle of my face where i need it.
Didn't feel chalky it felt nice on the skin and it did keep me matte but it kept me too matte.
By the end of the night my face felt completely dehydrated and looked horrible.
My dry spots came through and note this is with serum : hydrating primer : and fix plus
I feel like as a whole I can get away with this in the summer and might even like it in the summer but in the dead of winter it's a no go.
Back to secret brightening ..

on 12/29/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder, but it doesn't do everything I wish it would. Don't get me wrong though - for what it does do, it's amazing!
Pros: It sets my foundation on my t-zone perfectly. Keeps oil away and adds a little extra coverage (definitely not as translucent as I thought it would be, but I'm actually kind of happy about that, tbh). It cleans up my contour SO nicely, leaving my lines more defined. It also is the only powder that stops foundation from settling into my fine lines! I have smile lines and a wrinkle straight across my forehead, and this stuff keeps it from gunking up. So awesome!

Cons: I can't use it under my eyes, because it's so drying. I have to use a separate powder to set my under- eye concealer. I also can't use it to set my foundation all over my face because it does look a tad powdery.

Price: it's expensive. But for my personal needs, it's worth it.

Packaging: It's good. A jar with a sifter that you can shake into a twist off lid. Some powders in this type of packaging are impossible to dispense but this one comes out easily.

Tips: I definitely recommend using a setting spray with this powder to make the finish look more natural. Try to just use this on your oily areas because it can be quite drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

on 12/28/2016 1:00:00 AM

This powder is just okay. Not worth the very high price. For some reason when I use this to set my undereye concealer it makes it darker?? Like when I blend it in it's a very light shade and has wonderful coverage but once I set it, it turns darker and offers less coverage. Also it makes it crease and looks cakey. I really wish this powder worked for me considering how much I paid for it, but it just didn't do it for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a small size of this highly touted translucent loose powder at Sephora and I can see why it gets so many raves. It's finely milled and goes on beautifully without looking chalky.
It does give me a lovely finish to my foundation, although it can be a bit drying/matte. This is ideal for normal/combo or oily skin types. My skin seems to be going through changes (hormonal) and anything drying/matte isn't flattering.

I said no to re-purchasing because I prefer Shiseido's translucent loose powder. It goes on a bit sheerer than LM's version and it's translucent in the true meaning. Plus it's not as drying/matte.

It's still a great product and I still enjoy LM base products. I just don't love this one enough to re-purchase.

This is a mediocre loose powder. The good: I appreciate that it is yellow based, which is unusual but very welcomed. I also appreciate that it stands apart as a talc based loosed powder in a sea of garbage silica based loose powders. The bad: It still looks like I'm wearing powder when I use it (a small amount, lightly applied and blended out). I wouldn't call it cake face but it certainly isn't an airbrushed perfect finish by any means. It just looks like you're wearing loose powder. I believe it looks heavier than dusting my face with a full coverage powder foundation. Also, it actually makes my undereye concealer which normally doesn't crease even if it's not set look like it's creasing. I thought loose powders were supposed to decrease creasing not create more creasing.

Everyone was raving about this powder but it's nothing compared to the Coty Airspun, not by a long shot. The Translucent Coty Airspun powder is magnificent, but even the heavier Extra Coverage Coty Airspun looks way more flawless and like you aren't wearing any powder compared to this one. I don't understand how people give this such high reviews. Maybe a combination of hype and people not knowing any better what an excellent translucent powder really looks like. I really wanted to like this product but it fell short. The packaging is lovely, the frosted glass is very classy. Nice sifter. But then you open up your $38 loose powder to find it doesn't come with a powder puff. You will have to purchase that separate for another $14. I don't use powder puffs with my loose powder, but if I'm spending $38 on a loose powder I expect it to come with one. Ridiculous. I could forgive it if the product was excellent, but it is solidly mediocre. I wouldn't repurchase this product even if it was drugstore priced.

The first time I used this powder to bake my concealer was not a good experience. My undereye looked ashy and white. I used mac prolongwear concealer by the way. I noticed that the coty airspun extra coverage translucent was way more silky and easy to work with the first time i used the laura mercier. i tried using it again with a different foundation and concealer and the finish is superb. I have been using it for 3days now and i have been receiving a lot of compliments how my skin looks smooth and poreless. Its way more expensive than the coty airspun but its worth every penny! Im already planning to purchase a backup incase i ran out of this amazing powder!

on 11/7/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is on the expensive side but I think it is so worth it and it lasts a long time! I have oily skin and use this to bake my face every morning, focusing on my under-eye concealer. It doesn't stop creasing for me because I have a lot of fine lines, but it definitely does delay it! It also makes my oily skin have a really nice finish and I only have to retouch on very humid or hot days.

on 11/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

good, but not the best, for setting under eye concealer. can be chalky on my nc44 skin. it doesn't keep my skin matte as other, less expensive powders do.