Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
image 1image 2image 3

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 7/14/2016 12:01:00 PM

This stuff is horrible for dry skin try a light touch of bobbi brown weightless skin powder foundation to set makeup.....trust me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have dehydrated sensitive skin. I love this powder to set pretty much any foundation I have. Applied with a beauty blender it gives such a velvety appearance. I have many powders but this is my favourite loose powder.

To Read all 527 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is amazing. First of all packaging, it comes in a round package with tiny holes on the top. As you shake some powder comes through the tiny holes. Now for texture, it never looks powdery or cakey. Even though I have warm skin (nc42) this translucent powder never left any whitish look on my face. Now for oil control, this is the best powder I tried so far. It works better than primer. Make sure to use very small amount, otherwise you will ended up looking too matte. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). First day I applied little too much due to which I felt dryness in my cheeks. So I only apply this on my t-zone and in my cheeks i just apply the brush with left over powder and that is enough. It controlled the oil for me upto 8-9 hours. I don't think I'll use it in winter but I'll use it and repurchase it for summer.

on 6/22/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using the translucent loose powder since about late December-early January. Given that I've used it in several seasons and months now (I've had the travel size) and I'm still not close to being done, I've given it a pretty good test run and feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on it.

The loose powder is a very nicely milled product that feels smooth and silky when you run it under your fingers. It sheers out beautifully and it does a great job of keeping things matte. For someone with dry skin, I initially worried about this and my big concern was if it would dry out my skin. It does not dry out my undereyes and does a great job keeping my concealer there without creasing. All over the face, however, does look a bit patchy. Despite this, I find a few sprays of MAC Fix+ actually removes the powdery, scaly look and makes it look super natural again, while keeping a demi-matte finish. While I normally would be miffed that I have to use several products to get something working the way I want, I don't hold that against this because powders and dry skin typically don't mix so adding a bit of Fix+ is an easy solution for the exact results I want.

For us dry skinned folk, I would recommend using a powder puff rather than a brush to apply. The brush only kicks up dry patches and a powder puff (when rolling side-to-side) helps to press it into the skin. The only time I use a brush for this product is with the Real Techniques Setting Powder brush and that's only for under my under-eyes.

I wouldn't imagine oily skinned or combo skinned (maybe even normal) folk to have the same problems and I could see this working really well for all of the above. It's just us dry/dehydrated skins that might struggle a bit, but it's nothing a little Fix+ can't help. For POCs, I don't know if this would be good for anything other than baking because it may give a slight ashiness, but I'd still recommend getting the travel size from Sephora to test it out for yourself.

I don't find it adds any additional color, so if you're looking for something to add more coverage, I don't know that this product would meet those needs. However, for something to help longevity in your makeup and give more of a matte appearance, this product is great.

After using up this, I think I'm going to try the ByTerry Hydra Powder, but this is a product I'd definitely repurchase and will do so if the ByTerry does not work.

Pros:

- Available in a travel-size (which comes with a powder puff!) and larger size (does not)
- Does not add color (for those not looking for that)
- Mattifies very effectively
- Great for baking
- Generous amount of product
- Does a good job of preventing under-eye concealer creasing
- Helps to prolong makeup wear

Cons:

- Dry-skinned folk may have difficulty with product and may need to use additional products to get desired results
- Does not add color (for those looking for that)
- May not work well for POCs

Setting powder that is very light weight and feels very silky. I use this as the last step of my makeup routine and it helps to hide blemishes and lines. Extremely matte looking and gives great coverage.

on 6/15/2016 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this powder is good depending on what you are looking for in a powder
for one thing it did keep me matte, i could go 8+ hours depending on the day and the weather without getting oily skin. even today I wore it underneath my liquid foundation and even though I sat in the sun wearing jeans and i could feel my face sweating, i still did not produce any oil on my cheeks, chin or in between my forehead

however, the reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 was because for me it made me look too matte, and thus, dried out. I do like the dewy look but unfortunately it doesn't work on me, so I strive for a natural leaning satin finish which this powder does not do. i feel like for the price i could easily find a powder that works better for me, however, for those of you looking for a powder that will keep you matte for 8 hours, and who like the matte finish, I highly recommend this.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

this power does not work very well if you have super dry skin. it tends to attach to any dry patches you have on your face. if you are baking under the eyes and over your concealer, it is remarkable. your eyeliner/ eyeshadow will not smear under your eyes. my only huge problem with this powder, is getting it out of the container. you really have to bang the lid upside down to get any product. the whole thing itself lasted me only two months, which I was disappointed about considering the price. if it was $20-$25, I would have no problem buying every 2 months. but $38?! might be a little to pricy. over all- I'd say this product works best on oily to normal skin and if you're looking for a bright under eye, this is the right product for you.

I think it's just ok, nothing impressive about it.

At first when i tried it, it dried up so badly under my eye! And after yesterday, i realised it may be because I used the wrong applicator.

For people who have dry skin!!!! DO NOT use brush to set it or use brush to brush it off and DO NOT BAKE (if you feel that it dried up really badly for ya). What i did was I used a beauty blender, dip in the powder, and i dap it on my eyes and i dap until the powder was set under my eye area. It still does whiten up the under eye area but it does not cake or dry up. It looks SMOOTH.

For people who tried it and think that this isn't for you, don't throw it away! Just use a beauty blender to dap it in. It'll look smooth! Remember, DO NOT BAKE it, just dap it in!

EDIT: I used Morphe E8 and dap the powder under my eyes using it and it doesn't cake at all. Sometimes it might be the type of brush you use!!

on 5/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is honestly one of the worst loose powders on the market. This settled into my under eye lines so so so badly and it Made my under eye sooo dry even after applying eye cream first. It looked like I was on my death bed. It also leaves a horrible white grey cast for reference my skin tone is a nc25 in Mac. The area around my nose gets really oily and this didn't help at all it only kept it matte for around an hour or so then it was horribly oily. Don't waste your money on this the YouTube hype is pure bullshit.