Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Translucent Loose PowderLM. TRALaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 9/27/2016 12:58:00 AM

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

on 9/22/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

the best transclucent powder ever! i don't believe in any cheaper powder out there. It's pricey but it's worth every penny! i love the packaging, i live the texture. It makes my skin look flawless. Don't think twice, just buy it! and you will know why this is so good

To Read all 541 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/22/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The packaging isn't as luxury as I would like it to be when paying a large amount but the product itself is all kinds of amazing!! This is definitely worth all the hype it gets and it's so silky and seemless on your skin, works amazing on my skin to set and bake. This powder is a dream and worth every penny

on 9/20/2016 4:41:00 AM

Such a beautiful powder. Sets foundation and concealer so well without making it look dry. So smooth and poreless

on 9/16/2016 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have oily skin and I love this powder so much! I own so many different powders because I was always trying to find something that worked and this one is so far my favorite.

I find that it works best when I use a puff and press it into my skin, I basically hit my face with it a bunch of times so that it will set and that’s worked better at controlling my oil than just using a powder brush alone. I never bothered to use the puffs that came with powders before but with this powder if I take the time to do it my skin doesn’t get oily during the day. I have dark skin and even though it is translucent, if I use too much you can see it so a little bit does go a long way. I’ve had the smaller container ( .33oz ) for about 2 months and there’s still plenty left, but when it starts getting low I would not hesitate to get the full size.

on 9/13/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is changing my makeup game right now! I've been using Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend for what feels like f o r e v e r (35g of products will last you a long time, it turns out). I used to want my face to be 100% matte, and for that purpose that powder worked well. But over time I felt more and more done with the matte look, not to mention how it was starting to bother me that the powder looked a little grey-ish on my skin.

This powder leans ever so slightly towards a soft yellow undertone, giving a little bit of a brightening effect without really adding colour (I have neutral to cold undertones and anything too yellow will look very weird on me). The consistency of the powder is completely different from any loose powder I've tried before, in that it's simultaneously more finely milled and less likely to go flying everywhere. I wasn't sure how to describe the texture, but the website says this about it: "The loose powder feels luxuriously dense in the jar, feels silky-light and refined on your skin. Applies evenly. Blends effortlessly." I don't like to sound like I am uncritically buying into all of the claims, but after using the powder for a while I have to agree with that description. Once it's blended into the skin it's like it's no longer there - visually. It still does a good job of setting my foundation, but I don't look powder-y, cakey or dry the way I feel like I have when using some loose powders. It also sets my under eye area better than the Clinique powder - it doesn't look cakey nor dry.

After a few hours of use I do go from a semi-matte/satin finish to more of a dewy finish, but I'm okay with that. Especially since I feel like it's completely normal to want/need to touch up during the day - I just personally never do. Perhaps someone with proper oily skin wouldn't fare as well with this powder, but from what I understand that's what the Invisible version of the powder is for. Also, I've been using this with a fluffy powder brush and I can imagine that using a velour puff like recommended will set your foundation to last a little longer too. I've never used a velour puff to apply powder before, always thinking it seemed like too much work, but I'm actually a bit curious to see if the powder performs any different applied that way.

The price is a little bit up there (I paid 400SEK at one of the only stores in Sweden that stock Laura Mercier), but you do get quite a lot of product (1oz / 29g). Not to mention that the product itself feels luxurious. Even the packaging I like a lot - frosted plastic is stylish, it feels very sturdy and the sifter is quite great. One of my pet peeves is travelling with loose powder and having ALL the powder end up in the compartment "above" the sifter, but the combination of a good sifter and the dense consistency of the powder seems to prevent that from happening.

I'm so glad Laura Mercier went back to being cruelty free (by pulling out of the Chinese market), and here's to hoping it will stay that way. Because I will definitely want to repurchase this in the future!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a fairly good powder for setting makeup. However it kinda makes my face look flat and does not work well with high coverage conceAlers, sort of makes it look dry and those dreaded lines under the eyes appear. I try to use a light patting motion with the sponge but there will still be minimal lines. Also difficult to get the last bit of powder out of the container

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. The powder created a scale-like effect when applied. I used it to set my NARS radiant creamy concealer and it made my skin look like a reptile!

I tried using more and less product, but it always had the same result. Especially for the price, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder is not worth it for me. I bought the 0.33 oz travel size for $23. That's about $69 an oz!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 8/28/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently my go-to powder. Controls oil very well for me and plays nicely with all my current foundations. Impressed with how well it sets my under-eye. Mattifies without looking cakey on me. Will repurchase.