Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't really under stand the hype for this powder, until I tried it out for myself! HG!! My favourite way to apply this is over my foundation, with a damp beauty blender. It locks everything in, without making it look cakey at all. I love how it doesn't leave flash-back in photos either. The powder is so finely milled and makes the skin feel like silk, and look flawless. Love this!! :)

The best setting powder for combination skin. I highly recommend this. Never goes on cakey and it blurs skin to look like perfection. Very long-lasting. Does not emphasize pores or dry patches.

Pros:
Very fine milled.
Silky and easy to blend.
Sets foundation nice.
Perfect for baking etc.
Translucent, but does have a very pale yellow tinge but hardly detectable on the skin.

Cons:
Expensive. $62 AUD for 29g.
Hard to find unless you order online. Only available in a few department/makeup stores.
There are other cheaper drugstore loose powders that do pretty much same job. Maybelline shine free loose powder is a cheaper dupe although the shades are limited (only light and medium). Or Coty airspun.

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

on 4/17/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best under eye and t-zone setting powder I have ever come across! I have tried many powders, including the Nyx HD translucent, which gave me a white cast when trying to bake with it! This does NONE of that, it melts into my makeup, eliminates shine without caking. It's super fine, have no color and doesn't mess up my foundation color either. I actually don't have to bake my concealer, just lightly set it with this powder. It's stupid expensive for some powder but it's SO GOOD! I don't have to use a lot with this, so it's going to last me for a long time. Love it!

My HG powder! It may be expensive but it lasts a long time (for me). After finishing my last one, I tried a Clinique loose powder and it was absolutely dreadful. Never again. I returned it and then went back to this powder. It's boss for baking too. All in all, love it.