Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Pros:
Very fine milled.
Silky and easy to blend.
Sets foundation nice.
Perfect for baking etc.
Translucent, but does have a very pale yellow tinge but hardly detectable on the skin.

Cons:
Expensive. $62 AUD for 29g.
Hard to find unless you order online. Only available in a few department/makeup stores.
There are other cheaper drugstore loose powders that do pretty much same job. Maybelline shine free loose powder is a cheaper dupe although the shades are limited (only light and medium). Or Coty airspun.

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry and you'll be crying while staring at your face, unable to discern why you look like frosty the snowman had a coke binge. (This reminds me to warn you guys who have browner skin tones to, stay awayyy even if you have oily skin cause it gives that ashy look. Not sure about the fair skinned ladies.) It's not going to give you that blurred look, it's just gonna look weird.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, also stay away. Stuff like Kat Von D, that Estee Lauder foundation everyone loves, etc. etc. Cause it doesn't look cute, at all. If you have a more luminous foundation or one that gives you more dewy skin and you wanna make it matte, this is great, even more so if you're incredibly oily cause it'll save you. Unfortunately for me, not only do I have dry skin but I also use the kat von d foundation AND I USED THIS. Oh my gosh why. But anyway,

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin.

For staying power, uh...to be completely honest I would say this would lengthen the lasting power of your makeup by a few hours at the most but what translucent powder is great for is making sure you have less transfer than if you just left your foundation as is. And as someone whose had many embarassing days with foundation stains all over worksheets and notebooks (some that weren't even mine...) powder was a life saver, but alas, it has rejected me and now I must abstain from touching my face or else face the humiliation of beige splotches everywhere.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

on 4/17/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best under eye and t-zone setting powder I have ever come across! I have tried many powders, including the Nyx HD translucent, which gave me a white cast when trying to bake with it! This does NONE of that, it melts into my makeup, eliminates shine without caking. It's super fine, have no color and doesn't mess up my foundation color either. I actually don't have to bake my concealer, just lightly set it with this powder. It's stupid expensive for some powder but it's SO GOOD! I don't have to use a lot with this, so it's going to last me for a long time. Love it!

My HG powder! It may be expensive but it lasts a long time (for me). After finishing my last one, I tried a Clinique loose powder and it was absolutely dreadful. Never again. I returned it and then went back to this powder. It's boss for baking too. All in all, love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll be totally honest- I did not WANT to love this powder. There are certain things I can talk myself into spending extra money on, but powder has never been one of them. Powder's powder, right? Over $40 for any cosmetic excluding a top-of-the-line palette is usually not in my price range, but I had heard so much hype on this particular product, it became the rare exception.

This is a great powder, not a good one, not passable- GREAT. It mattifies without creating a powdery effect on the skin, kept my skin shine-free throughout very long and strenuous workdays, set my undereyes with zero creasing OR cakeyness, provided a tiny bit of additional coverage without turning orange, the list goes on.

I don't like recommending products that are bank-breakers unless I absolutely cannot find a flaw with its application, formula, etc. There are probably two dozen loose powders on the market (including drugstore) that will do just fine and might even be a close dupe for this, but I can't give a genuinely awesome product anything less than five lippies just because it's expensive.

Sigh. I do love this powder and although it's going to be a guilty pleasure, I do see myself repurchasing it because it has made my makeup routine just that much more seamless.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG powder. Everytime I use this loose powder my foundation looks flawless. The powder is fine yellow talc (no banana powder, though). I didn't experienced any problems with pictures. No ghost face. I wanted to try the silica version (translucent powder by Laura Mercier) but I experienced that silica powders oxidize my foundations (tried the NYX HD powder). You get alot and it will last a year if used sparingly. I purchased the Secret Brightener by LM because the translucent powder is a no-go for the undereye area. Mine tend to look wrinkly and dry with this powder. But that's not what the powder was intended to be. Pros: - gives a flawless finish - no ghost face on photographs - 29g of powder lasts a long time - normal to dry skin types won't have problems - finish is neither too dry nor to glowy Cons: - price (you know this was coming) - my shine comes through after 4-5 hours in winter (!) - package is not practical for traveling Overall, I will buy this product again because it gives my combination skin a flawless blurred matte finish. The hype is real.