Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Currently my go-to powder. Controls oil very well for me and plays nicely with all my current foundations. Impressed with how well it sets my under-eye. Mattifies without looking cakey on me. Will repurchase.

Have never wrote a make up review before, however this is he first product I have had to speak about! I bought this last week, after months of should I shan’t I. I am so happy I bought this product! It is my holy grail and I would never ever be without it! I have dry skin and it sits amazingly and doesn’t cake! I thought it was a bit pricey but after trying the product it is well worth it and I will be buying again.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

YouTube made me buy this and now I'm on my 3rd jar. I use for this for baking and all over setting. It's not too drying, it's finely milled , smooth, and doesn't alter your base colour.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had my doubts about this powder. EVERYONE loves it. I figured it must have some flaw. But I wanted to try it myself so I bit the bullet and bought the full size (It's a better price than buying the sample) LOVE at first swoosh of powder on my face. I have a very oily T-zone and this powder seriously keeps my makeup in place all day. And gives me great hope I'll be able to use some foundations again that used to get to slick on me after a few hours. I currently am using this powder on top of Mac fluid studio fix foundation and it's so flawless and beautiful. So happy I bought this!

on 9/20/2016 4:41:00 AM

Such a beautiful powder. Sets foundation and concealer so well without making it look dry. So smooth and poreless

on 9/13/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder is changing my makeup game right now! I've been using Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend for what feels like f o r e v e r (35g of products will last you a long time, it turns out). I used to want my face to be 100% matte, and for that purpose that powder worked well. But over time I felt more and more done with the matte look, not to mention how it was starting to bother me that the powder looked a little grey-ish on my skin.

This powder leans ever so slightly towards a soft yellow undertone, giving a little bit of a brightening effect without really adding colour (I have neutral to cold undertones and anything too yellow will look very weird on me). The consistency of the powder is completely different from any loose powder I've tried before, in that it's simultaneously more finely milled and less likely to go flying everywhere. I wasn't sure how to describe the texture, but the website says this about it: "The loose powder feels luxuriously dense in the jar, feels silky-light and refined on your skin. Applies evenly. Blends effortlessly." I don't like to sound like I am uncritically buying into all of the claims, but after using the powder for a while I have to agree with that description. Once it's blended into the skin it's like it's no longer there - visually. It still does a good job of setting my foundation, but I don't look powder-y, cakey or dry the way I feel like I have when using some loose powders. It also sets my under eye area better than the Clinique powder - it doesn't look cakey nor dry.

After a few hours of use I do go from a semi-matte/satin finish to more of a dewy finish, but I'm okay with that. Especially since I feel like it's completely normal to want/need to touch up during the day - I just personally never do. Perhaps someone with proper oily skin wouldn't fare as well with this powder, but from what I understand that's what the Invisible version of the powder is for. Also, I've been using this with a fluffy powder brush and I can imagine that using a velour puff like recommended will set your foundation to last a little longer too. I've never used a velour puff to apply powder before, always thinking it seemed like too much work, but I'm actually a bit curious to see if the powder performs any different applied that way.

The price is a little bit up there (I paid 400SEK at one of the only stores in Sweden that stock Laura Mercier), but you do get quite a lot of product (1oz / 29g). Not to mention that the product itself feels luxurious. Even the packaging I like a lot - frosted plastic is stylish, it feels very sturdy and the sifter is quite great. One of my pet peeves is travelling with loose powder and having ALL the powder end up in the compartment "above" the sifter, but the combination of a good sifter and the dense consistency of the powder seems to prevent that from happening.

I'm so glad Laura Mercier went back to being cruelty free (by pulling out of the Chinese market), and here's to hoping it will stay that way. Because I will definitely want to repurchase this in the future!

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

on 2/3/2016 9:59:00 PM

Great product! Highly recommended.