Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 5/23/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

on 2/23/2018 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have used this product for years. Although it wasn't until this week that I realized, I was applying it wrong. I have found using a puff and pressing it into the skin (instead of using a powder brush) has been amazing. The area that has benefited the most and that I'm thrilled about is under my eyes. No more transferring of mascara and eyeliner on my lower lid. Maybe not 100% but definitely 95% or better. I'm so happy!!!!!! For my oily skin, this paired with Almay's TLC foundation is HG.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you get 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.

on 11/7/2016 10:46:00 AM

This product gets so much hype on Youtube, but with good reason. It took me awhile to find use for this product because I have oily skin. First of all, this powder is by Laura Mercier and retails for about $38. The price is a little steep for one ounce of product. It comes in a screw canister made of a durable plastic. There are holes for the product to come out. This kind of packaging is very well-done and is much less of a mess than the Coty Airspun powder. Most people use this to set their makeup after applying foundation, but I have tried that a few times. It does not provide enough oil control for me, so I found another use for it. I find the finish very lovely and desirable...almost flawless, but after a few hours, I must blot. I use it BEFORE I apply foundation. I use such a small amount with a large powder blush and it gives a nice surface for my foundation to cling onto. I also use oil-control primer on my t-zone. After applying foundation, I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder. Combining these two products has helped my makeup last so much longer and keep my oil at bay. In other words, I enjoy this powder very much and will continue to purchase. A little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to use too much. Use less to save money because this stuff is not cheap.