Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this setting powder for years. Love it, keeps me matte all day, allows my foundation and concealer to stay locked in place on my oily skin. Pairs beautifully with a setting spray. The only downside is you do not get much product. Would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Comparable to the Kat von d lock-it setting powder. Love the fine texture makes my under eye look smooth and allows my contour to not go on patchy. However it does have some flashback.

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

This is my HG loose powder! I cannot rave about this enough.

My Skin Type:
I have dry/combination skin that tends to get oily in the T-Zone area after a few hours. It is very difficult to find a powder that doesn’t cling to dry patches and also keeps oil under control. I purchased the smaller pot of this as I wasn’t sure if it would suit my skin.

How I Apply:
The small pot came with a powder puff but I never use this, instead I use the Real Techniques blusher brush which works perfectly for me.

Pros:
*Very finely milled so doesn’t look cakey, powdery or heavy.
*I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation & set it with this powder and it makes it last so much longer.
*Doesn't leave a horrible white cast in photographs.
*Skin looks smooth & flawless.
*Doesn't cause irritation or breakouts.

Cons:
*As with most loose powders, it can get quite messy! I have accidentally got the powder on my dark coloured clothes -_-
*Expensive for a powder however in my opinion it’s worth every penny.

Overall, my go-to loose powder! I’m so happy I’ve finally found a fantastic product for my dry/combination skin. I would definitely purchase the smaller pot to test it out before making the full investment.

on 9/12/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just days of using this powder and I am super in love already! I do have very oily skin so I cake often using bad powders. This is just gorgeous. It is finely milled and no matter how many times I powder throughout the day, it does not cake at all. I use this with a smaller powder brush since I like to powder on certain areas of the face more than others, well mainly in my T-zone. This just smoothes out everything and your skin looks evened out.

I find this a good investment and yeah when you buy it you would think it is expensive but I think this will last for years I think. I can't wait to use this on clients, and maybe try it with the puff too.

Holy grail status! I will definitely repurchase for sure!

on 9/7/2017 10:26:00 AM

The hype around this product is completely justified.
This is the least powdery looking powder I have ever used (in a good way) and does not cake up at all, even when re-applying after a sweaty shift at work. It also seems to really improve the longevity of whatever foundation I put it over. I'm not going to lie, I was initially kind of put off by the price - but one tub is going to last me easily for two years (if not more to be honest) wearing it most days a week. If you've got the money, I think it's definately worth investing in.
Literally a 5 star (or lipstick) product.
[For reference: I have combination skin, with a pretty oily T-zone]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the most magical item I have ever put on my face. Somehow, this manages to set my makeup to a beautiful matte finish, and have it stay that way all day long. It makes my makeup bulletproof to heat and sweat so amazingly well. And best of all, it looks absolutely beautiful in photos. I love the slight tint to it as it helps brighten my skin even further. For application, I use my leftover damp beauty blender from foundation, and dip it into this a few times and press it into the areas I want set (not baking, just pressing the product in till it disappears).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been interested in this powder for a while after reading some great reviews. I put off buying it for a while just because of the price I thought I would be able to find some cheaper alternatives. I have combination skin and wear a lot of foundation and cream contour and I was sick of looking like I was melting at the end of every day so thought I'd splash out and give this a go.
I'm so glad I did, this stuff is AMAZING!! I used it for the first time today, I have been out in the red hot humid weather all day, then I went to the gym and it didn't budge even sweating it out at the gym all my makeup stayed in place, the only place that looked abit oily was my nose but considering the workout I'd done and the fact there's no air con in my gym I was very impressed.
I applied the powder sparingly with a damp beauty blender, the annoying thing is the packaging doesn't disperse a lot of powder so it took me a while to apply as I had to keep shaking more out
I will definitely purchase this again, I doubt I will use another powder know, I just wish it was abit cheaper!!