Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 8/14/2018 2:33:00 AM

Everyone raves about this powder so I thought I’d try it. At first, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and baked with this powder. It went so cakey and patchy, even boys at work noticed. I tried it out once more, used it more lightly than baking and with a different concealer, same thing! I wish I could’ve made it work :(.

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

Sorry guys, this caused nasty breakouts for me. I tried over and over again hoping it was hormonal or another product. But today I stopped using it, and my skin is clearing up already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Almost like it suffocated my skin, also it contains pore clogging ingredients, including cornstarch, can't imagine skin would like that. Soo if this doesn't make your skin get lil bumps on your cheeks, upper cheek under your eyes, then it's awesome, but I wouldn't know how this doesn't clog people's skin up. If your sensitive at all...I would STAY AWAY!!!!! Color is great though, finely miled, looked dewy and melted in skin, not matte.

on 5/29/2011 10:31:00 AM

The packaging, the scent, and the silky feel of this product are amazing, and as a bonus it looks as though the pot would last you a good year or two. This would all be great if the product wasnt total rubbish. My foundation looks better without this. Anyone who wants to look dewy or radiant this is not what you want..because it takes all the glow off my face. It looks dry on my skin, and when i go over a dry bit it clings to the dry patch and doesnt blend properly and i look awfull. "Flawless" is definatley NOT the word to describe how i look with this on. On the plus side it does make your makeup last longer, but its so not worth it for the ashy, dry old lady look i get when wearing this.

EDIT. My skin is a LOT less dry with it being summer now..and this product works really well for me now..4/5! However im keeping this review as it is..because for the winter months when i cant help but have dry skin..i stand by what i said.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT BROKE ME OUT......NO GOOD. I started noticing "congestion" on my chin....lots of little clogged pores that soon turned into worse looking bumps.

It also made me very shiny/oily after only a few hours. I needed to blot or touch up in a majorly bad way!

I didn't like it at all.....its going back to Sephora asap!

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is very popular, and I think it would look very nice if I had normal or oily skin, but it just does not work for me. I have tried it twice over the years, and the most recent experience left me with very irritated eyes after I used it to set my under eyes and breakouts on my chin when I went over foundation. I looked at the ingredients, and I am not exactly sure what would've caused my eyes to itch, but I think the breakouts were probably courtesy of the soybean oil. My quest for the perfect setting powder continues on, I guess.

on 7/12/2017 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Youtube unfortunately made me buy this.. I have oily combination skin, and this is not helpfull at all. Is mattes you down, yet the makeup still feels wet and my skin oily. It's also not as fine as I expected, I will never use this again

This is a mediocre loose powder. The good: I appreciate that it is yellow based, which is unusual but very welcomed. I also appreciate that it stands apart as a talc based loosed powder in a sea of garbage silica based loose powders. The bad: It still looks like I'm wearing powder when I use it (a small amount, lightly applied and blended out). I wouldn't call it cake face but it certainly isn't an airbrushed perfect finish by any means. It just looks like you're wearing loose powder. I believe it looks heavier than dusting my face with a full coverage powder foundation. Also, it actually makes my undereye concealer which normally doesn't crease even if it's not set look like it's creasing. I thought loose powders were supposed to decrease creasing not create more creasing.

Everyone was raving about this powder but it's nothing compared to the Coty Airspun, not by a long shot. The Translucent Coty Airspun powder is magnificent, but even the heavier Extra Coverage Coty Airspun looks way more flawless and like you aren't wearing any powder compared to this one. I don't understand how people give this such high reviews. Maybe a combination of hype and people not knowing any better what an excellent translucent powder really looks like. I really wanted to like this product but it fell short. The packaging is lovely, the frosted glass is very classy. Nice sifter. But then you open up your $38 loose powder to find it doesn't come with a powder puff. You will have to purchase that separate for another $14. I don't use powder puffs with my loose powder, but if I'm spending $38 on a loose powder I expect it to come with one. Ridiculous. I could forgive it if the product was excellent, but it is solidly mediocre. I wouldn't repurchase this product even if it was drugstore priced.

I am extremely fair, (Elvira) and I was looking for a translucent powder I can "bake" my concealer with, and obviously word of mouth spread and decided to buy the travel size to find out if I liked it or not. With that being said;

PROS
-Silky texture on skin
-Great as a finishing powder

CONS
- Has Talc, and parabens
-The color turns slightly yellow when I bake with it (because im too fair)
-Separates my foundation
-Creases
-Brings out lines around my eyes
-Makes me look cakey as hell

This was a definite NO for me... but I see why everyone raves about it.