Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 6/9/2018 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This made me look ashy and dull. I tried it with several different foundations and it just made my skin look so dead and uneven. Plus it's loaded with acne triggering ingredients (corn starch,ethilexil palmitate,soybean oil they are all there)

on 1/12/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have already seen this not work for me so many times but because I spent so much money on it I want to find a use for it. I have oily skin and if I don't use too much of it, it looks great when I first put it on but I'm oily in a half hour. If I cake it on I look 30 years older it makes me my lines more obvious and I'm oily in 3 hours if I try to blot when I'm wearing this nothing happens I'm still oily, have way to much shine its like the powder creates a buffer so I can't pick up oils unless I touch my face with my hands which I try not to do. I'll go back to using the rimmel stay matte pressed powder and declutter this to a friend with dry skin.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I would never understand the hype for this product!The texture is thick and coarse!The finish is a lifeless matte mask.This powder sucks all the moisture of your skin
The ingredients are irritating and acgenique (parabens ,exthilexil palmitate )
The worst powder I ever had

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

I wish I had read more of the reviews on here before going out and buying this. I used this religiously for a while and yes it does its job of keeping your skin less oily BUT I had HORRIBLE flashback! I started a new job recently and at out companywide meeting they take a pic of you and put it up on a giant screen in the background through our first companywide meeting...........There I was with giant white circles under my eyes coz I had used it to set my under eye concealer! So if you are NC25 or more please DO NOT BUY THIS! There are others that will do the job just as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

on 8/28/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately for me this didn't work on many fronts. I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin that can easily cause products to cake.

I bought this hoping against all hope I had found a line in Laura Mercier that was safe for sensitive skin. Unfortunately for me this broke me out when I used it to set my foundation. Very odd for a powder to do on me, most of the time I'm good with powders. I tried it without foundation just concealer and again I broke out in small white bumps all over.

When I use this, it sets on liquids too heavy and makes me look cakey. It didn't really do anything special to hold my foundation in place for longer.

I decided to finish this product by using it as an under eye setting powder and it works well. The only downer for me is it sets very dry and crepe like. At the end of the day this isn't a great look.

The product has lasted me a long time so I do appreciate the cost effectiveness. But all in all I just can't bring myself to repurchase.

on 5/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is honestly one of the worst loose powders on the market. This settled into my under eye lines so so so badly and it Made my under eye sooo dry even after applying eye cream first. It looked like I was on my death bed. It also leaves a horrible white grey cast for reference my skin tone is a nc25 in Mac. The area around my nose gets really oily and this didn't help at all it only kept it matte for around an hour or so then it was horribly oily. Don't waste your money on this the YouTube hype is pure bullshit.