Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG status! I usually use HD powders, MAC, MUFE, Nars, Cargo blu ray compact powder(discontinued?) and Rimmel Stay matte. I picked the travel size of LM translucent and OMG, this powder is so finely milled and smooth. I can't believe I waited this long to try to. Better late than never. I've been using the travel size for 3 months straight and still a lot of product left. Will repurchase when the travel size runs out.

on 2/23/2018 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have used this product for years. Although it wasn't until this week that I realized, I was applying it wrong. I have found using a puff and pressing it into the skin (instead of using a powder brush) has been amazing. The area that has benefited the most and that I'm thrilled about is under my eyes. No more transferring of mascara and eyeliner on my lower lid. Maybe not 100% but definitely 95% or better. I'm so happy!!!!!! For my oily skin, this paired with Almay's TLC foundation is HG.

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:

Nc30, warm and yellow

this product is so finely milled that it makes application look flawless. I love using this or the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set my under eye concealer. This product has a light yellow color that brightens your under eye in a subtle way. I'm not into the crazy under eye highlight and sometimes I do find the secret brightening powder a bit ashy. I also like to use this powder to do some light baking under my cheeks.

Definitely would repurchase.

on 9/27/2016 12:58:00 AM

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I heard so many great things about this product, for my birthday my best friend bought it for me.
I have to say I am pretty disappointed and less than impressed.
It is a translucent powder but does leave a white cast to my medium skin tone.
Also, my makeup and skin did not look that good.
It looked made-up and not at all natural looking.
I do not like to look like I am wearing makeup and this definitely gave that look.
I normally do not use foundation and only use concealer with a setting powder (normally the airspun powder or sometimes the ELF HD).
This was just a huge letdown.
I even tried setting a couple of foundations and concealers. Still no good.
Skin did not look as nice and it still left that light cast on the skin.
I could not believe that it did not have a nicer look on the skin.
I only gave it a 3rd lippy because I did not get as shiny with it as I do with other powders.
For the price, I expect way better than this.
I would not repurchase.

Okay, so first things first, this product is BOMB. I always see youtubers/instagrammers/what-have-you talking about it and saying its great, especially for baking and they're right. Although I had initially bought this product for the whole baking purpose, I only use it to set my makeup now, not because it doesn't work as a baking product, because it does, but because of the price (i'm not really willing to use a huge amount just to dust half of it off 10 minutes later) and whenever I use this to set my makeup, it gives me this stunning soft matte finish and it blurs my imperfections/pores without making my skin look cakey as hell (as most powders do for my extremely oily and troubled skin). As for oil control, I can't say that it will keep you matte all day BUT once your oil does start to show through, it won't make your face look like a greaseball, it will make your face just look glowy (and I don't mind that look at all because it looks very nice imo).

The packaging the powder comes in is just a regular sifter jar and all sifter jars do sometimes get frustrating to work with due to the fact that they are a pain to bring in a handbag/the powder could go everywhere/last bits of product are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out unless the sifter top is popped off. But thats my only complaint about this product (it's a super small issue that 99.9% of the population can overlook, I hope)

The price it retails for in department stores in Australia is a hefty $62AUD for 1oz.(30g) of product, although that is a decent amount of product to receive for such an amazing powder, the price tag might make many people think again but for me, I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out because I just love the finish it gives.

Overall, this powders amazing, I love it more than I love green tea (and I have 10 cups of that stuff a day, death come at me) so do yourself a favour if you're thinking of buying this powder and BUY IT.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT BROKE ME OUT......NO GOOD. I started noticing "congestion" on my chin....lots of little clogged pores that soon turned into worse looking bumps.

It also made me very shiny/oily after only a few hours. I needed to blot or touch up in a majorly bad way!

I didn't like it at all.....its going back to Sephora asap!