Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.1

on 6/17/2001 8:23:00 PM

This is a wonderful powder..it goes on with a very silky finish and never looks "powdery". A perfect setting powder if you don't want/need added color.

on 6/29/2001 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 2-11-2018- 17 years later, and I still repurchase every time I run out. I longer use T Le Clerc I changed foundations over the years and the T LeClerc just didn't look as good as the LM did, plus got tired of the messy container and I just kind of stopped replacing it a few years ago and stuck with LM.. I did not like the Laura Mercier powder puff, pass on that and get a Shu Eumera, they work so much better and are cheaper.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The application info from Sephora's website is perfect. But you can also use a beauty blender but I much prefer the puff:

Suggested Usage:
-Preparing the puff is key: press the Laura Mercier Velour Powder Puff into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.
-Gently press the puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to work the powder in. (Around eyes, use Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes).
-As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.
-Tip: When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the Powder Brush to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of your cheeks, and the center of the forehead, nose, and tip of the chin

This is a wonderful powder, almost as nice as my #1 favorite, T Le Clerc. Le Clerc has so many color choices for correcting, etc. plus I think the LeClerc gives a much more natural finish. The LM can look powdery on me, The finish is more matte compared to LeClerc. LeClerc absorbs excess oil, but never dries my skin out. I use the color Chair Ambree which is for all skin tones and the top seller. I also use bananae, but prefer the Ambree for day, bananae for night. I love the compact pressed powder in Sable and it lasts me about 2 years because I only use it for touch ups once in a while when I am away from home. The one thing I do NOT like about LeClerc is the tin can. It looks nice, but the lid just sits on it, and if you are not careful, it will spill all over. LM has better packaging and price.

Description from Sephora website:

What it is:
A cult-favorite and award-winning, silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for lasting wear.

What it does:
Translucent Loose Setting Powder locks in makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This bestseller creates a modern, matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage, while it absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. The pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. This no-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos, and it creates a soft-focus effect to subtly blur the look of fine lines and imperfections. It will not settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. These truly translucent shades work on all skin tones—from the fairest to the deepest. The just-released, Translucent Medium Deep shade was designed to be completely translucent on medium-deep to the deepest skin tones, ensuring that every skin tone gets a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: perfect for fair to medium and tan skin tones.
Translucent Medium Deep: Ideal for medium-deep to the deepest skin tones.

What else you need to know:
Renowned Makeup Artist Laura Mercier uses Setting Powder to set foundation and prolong its wear, so she applies it after foundation and concealer, and before applying powder-based color. An added benefit: it helps powder blush or bronzer go on more evenly.

Find Your Perfect Powder: While makeup artists and beauty junkies select a powder based on texture, finish, and skin type, others may find it easiest to choose based on skin type alone.

This professional-quality powder is noncomedogenic, non-caking, and dermatologist tested.

Research results:
In a consumer test on 32 women after 2 weeks:
- 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup and ensures makeup lasts throughout the day
- 100% said it is lightweight and does not look cakey on skin
- 100% said it controls and reduces shine
- 97% said it absorbs excess oil

Ingredients:

on 1/6/2003 7:42:00 PM

This is awesome! I like this as much as BE mineral veil but you get a lot more product. BE is $20.00 and LM is $30.00 but the LM has a ton more product and will last a while. It is very finely milled ane feels like a light flour consistency. I is great on my winter skin that can be dry and is acne-prone. I will repurchase this powder in the future.

on 2/14/2003 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was hoping for a miracle when I bought this powder, but it didn't live up to the hype. It's just an average loose powder, IMHO.

on 2/14/2003 10:06:00 PM

I find this powder to be a little above average. It does hold the oil and shine at bay all day and it glides on smoothly and is a pretty good texture. I'm not overly impressed but I would buy it again.

on 3/4/2003 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I agree with most of the reviewers on this product, I do think that the translucent is a little fair for my complexion. It works in the winter but I'm sure it will be too light in the summer. (I wear LM Oil Free Found in Blush Ivory, Mac Studio Fix in NC20) With that being said, the powder is awesome! It is very finely milled and applies evenly and flawlessly. It controls oil, which is important on my oily, acne prone skin. The container is great too! Le Clerc has a container that is difficult to use! I would highly recommend this to everyone! Update 12/27/06: I am still using this product after several years and have yet to find anything that compares to this powder. I find that the color adjusts after about 20 minutes after it's applied and matches my skin perfectly. Highly recommend this to everyone!

on 3/26/2003 11:28:00 AM

If Becca is any better than this, I'll be stunned (waiting to try =))! This is hands down the best loose powder I've tried. For years I kept going back to purchase my standby Clinique because at least it was reliable coverage. Tried Shu Uemura, T. LeClerc, Sonia Kashuk, and many others, and none measured up to this. It very simply melts into your skin. Not only that, it grabs onto the brush, then grabs onto your skin--this is the first LP that I didn't end up with half of what was on the brush on the rest of my body! AMAZING. Coverage lasts all day, very natural looking. My HG, finally!

on 3/31/2003 4:30:00 PM

I had hoped this would be better than my beloved Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil - they seem so similar. But it wasn't. I felt this LM powder was a little too light and too thick - it covered my skin too much and masked some of the natural color, plus felt cakey on though I tried to "sheer" it out. I just prefer BE more, though this LM had a heavenly silky feel.

on 5/30/2003 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

It was hard to believe that I *needed* a translucent powder, as the LM MA said. I was actually at the counter to try the TM, but then she explained this whole "face" system of theirs (primer, TM, t. powder). I declined buying anything and checked here for t. powder reviews. Decided to the the powder first instead of the TM!

It truly does make for a flawless finish with NO chalkiness. I am matte all day with no shinies popping up EVER (so far, and I'm here in serious humidity world, people). My skin is so silky to the touch that I think I have to end this review and caress my cheek...

on 6/20/2003 7:56:00 PM

I keep trying to find something less expensive, but so far nothing beats this. Smooth, beautiful finish.