Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 7/3/2001 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the most amazing loose powder. It doesn't aggravate my acne-prone skin and it leaves it with the most amazing, natural finish. I transferred it into smaller containers and I keep them everywhere - at my parents, my in-laws, my sister's...I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This translucent powder is a wonderful product. I did not believe the raves I heard about how flawless this makes your skin look. I wore it a couple of times and didnt notice much difference. Yes, it is a finely milled powder that blended quickly and easily and helped keep oilies down and set my makeup. But one day I put it on half my face and another brand on the other side, and my skin did look better, my pores seemed smaller and more flawless. It is not a huge difference but enough so that it makes this worth the purchase price.

on 4/29/2002 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My heart was beating so fast at the Laura Mercier Counter. I already had the Tinted Moisturizer, and now all i needed was the translucent setting powder. *gulp* $30?? Could the texture and quality merit its price tag?

yes- yes- and more yes's.

If you spend so much time trying to looking your best, you should "invest" on products that help you do it. I recieve compliments now on my complextion?!? They never said anything before until i started using the powder- i must get essential for the make up artist wannabe!

on 7/28/2002 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MAJOR rave!!! Soft, beautiful, gentle...ideal for someone like me with very fair skin that's oily and acne-prone. Such a wonderful even finish. Hands down the best powder I've tried on the market. It's a keeper. :)

I bought this product based on the rave reviews in the magazines and on cosmetic websites. I've used almost every department store loose powder out there starting with Chanel and ending with MAC and Px. And it's not that they were bad, but I was still hoping to find the powder that it truly invisible on the skin. LM does not deliver this result. It seems to settle into my pores a little, and the finish is so matte that it looks unnatural. Just an average product. What was all the hype about??

on 1/6/2003 7:42:00 PM

This is awesome! I like this as much as BE mineral veil but you get a lot more product. BE is $20.00 and LM is $30.00 but the LM has a ton more product and will last a while. It is very finely milled ane feels like a light flour consistency. I is great on my winter skin that can be dry and is acne-prone. I will repurchase this powder in the future.

on 2/5/2003 5:56:00 PM

this is the best loose powder i have ever used! controls my shine all day!

on 6/10/2003 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this powder isn't bad, but also isn't good for my purpose either. I agree with the other posters that it is finely milled, and looks absolutely translucent, like-you-have-nothing-on on the skin, absolutely luxurious. Unfortunately, it couldn't keep the oil off my face. By 11am (I put it on at 7:30am in the morning) the shine is already there. By 3pm I was a full-out mirror. As I am a powder-virgin, I have no idea whether this is already considered good -- all I know is that I'm looking for something that will keep my face to a slight sheen even by late afternoon. This isn't a bad product, it just isn't as good as I had thought. So my search for HG powder continues...

UPDATE: Tried it the next day with a heavier coat. It did stay matte longer, though I didn't like feeling it on my skin. I really want to find a powder that I can just brush a light dusting on with. I would wear this in the winter but for the summer, I might just use it for evenings, in a light dusting just to set makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I never knew about this until the SA rubbed lipstick on my hand then blotted the LM translucent powder over it to show me how well it sets. To my surprise, I actually had a hard time rubbing the lipstick off my hand w/o make remover! So I bought it and tried it on my face,"lightly shaking the excess off the brush and dusting it over my face"(as the SA told me. I was sold! I didn't notice how flawless my face looked until I got home and saw my skin in white light! This is the first translucent powder I've used that is actually not chalky and ashy looking! The secret is to really shake off the excess and dusting it really lightly over entire face. I had no idea it was supposed to control the oilies either until I read the MUA reviews and realized that I did blot alot less then usual! It has become my HG!

on 9/6/2003 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is THE best loose powder I have ever used!!! It has the finest texture. It does great at controlling my oilies! I do have to touch up but it doesn't get cakey looking like other loose powders. I'll never use another powder! Also, I have a tendency to break out. This powder causes me no problems w/breakouts! Yeah!