Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

simply the best- absolutley transparent, invisible if used in the recommended way (press a small amount into a velour puff, tap off excess and press into skin)

on 6/11/2001 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is definitely the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't break me out, and it doesn't cake on my combination skin. It's finely milled and doesn't change colors half way through the day.

UPDATE: After trying everything from drugstore to MAC to Chanel, this is still the best powder for my combination break out prone skin, and I always come back to this after straying. This doesn't dry out my skin. However, I did change to the Beige color because it's the perfect match for my NC35-42 skintone. It's the perfect yellow-based color. I only wish they made the Beige Loose Powder in a press powder form for touch ups.

UPDATE: My 5 year love affair is over with this powder. It's great at setting foundation, but it just doesn't control oil enough for me like I need it too. I've discovered MAC's Invisible Pro Setting Powder to be a better powder for me. It does more for my skin, and it's become my new holygrail. I haven't reach for my LM powder in weeks.

on 6/17/2001 5:47:00 PM

This is my holy grail powder. It is a very finely triple milled powder that I press onto my skin (over foundation) with a Shiseido Velour Puff. It sets my makeup and makes it last much longer, and creates a very smooth finished appearance.

on 6/17/2001 8:23:00 PM

This is a wonderful powder..it goes on with a very silky finish and never looks "powdery". A perfect setting powder if you don't want/need added color.

on 6/21/2001 9:46:00 PM

Just an all-around great product for any skintone. Whether applied with a puff or brush, this leaves such a nice silky finish. I would buy this over and over again.

JT

on 6/29/2001 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 2-11-2018- 17 years later, and I still repurchase every time I run out. I longer use T Le Clerc I changed foundations over the years and the T LeClerc just didn't look as good as the LM did, plus got tired of the messy container and I just kind of stopped replacing it a few years ago and stuck with LM.. I did not like the Laura Mercier powder puff, pass on that and get a Shu Eumera, they work so much better and are cheaper.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The application info from Sephora's website is perfect. But you can also use a beauty blender but I much prefer the puff:

Suggested Usage:
-Preparing the puff is key: press the Laura Mercier Velour Powder Puff into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.
-Gently press the puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to work the powder in. (Around eyes, use Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes).
-As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.
-Tip: When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the Powder Brush to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of your cheeks, and the center of the forehead, nose, and tip of the chin

This is a wonderful powder, almost as nice as my #1 favorite, T Le Clerc. Le Clerc has so many color choices for correcting, etc. plus I think the LeClerc gives a much more natural finish. The LM can look powdery on me, The finish is more matte compared to LeClerc. LeClerc absorbs excess oil, but never dries my skin out. I use the color Chair Ambree which is for all skin tones and the top seller. I also use bananae, but prefer the Ambree for day, bananae for night. I love the compact pressed powder in Sable and it lasts me about 2 years because I only use it for touch ups once in a while when I am away from home. The one thing I do NOT like about LeClerc is the tin can. It looks nice, but the lid just sits on it, and if you are not careful, it will spill all over. LM has better packaging and price.

Description from Sephora website:

What it is:
A cult-favorite and award-winning, silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for lasting wear.

What it does:
Translucent Loose Setting Powder locks in makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This bestseller creates a modern, matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage, while it absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. The pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. This no-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos, and it creates a soft-focus effect to subtly blur the look of fine lines and imperfections. It will not settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. These truly translucent shades work on all skin tones—from the fairest to the deepest. The just-released, Translucent Medium Deep shade was designed to be completely translucent on medium-deep to the deepest skin tones, ensuring that every skin tone gets a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: perfect for fair to medium and tan skin tones.
Translucent Medium Deep: Ideal for medium-deep to the deepest skin tones.

What else you need to know:
Renowned Makeup Artist Laura Mercier uses Setting Powder to set foundation and prolong its wear, so she applies it after foundation and concealer, and before applying powder-based color. An added benefit: it helps powder blush or bronzer go on more evenly.

Find Your Perfect Powder: While makeup artists and beauty junkies select a powder based on texture, finish, and skin type, others may find it easiest to choose based on skin type alone.

This professional-quality powder is noncomedogenic, non-caking, and dermatologist tested.

Research results:
In a consumer test on 32 women after 2 weeks:
- 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup and ensures makeup lasts throughout the day
- 100% said it is lightweight and does not look cakey on skin
- 100% said it controls and reduces shine
- 97% said it absorbs excess oil

Ingredients:

on 7/3/2001 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the most amazing loose powder. It doesn't aggravate my acne-prone skin and it leaves it with the most amazing, natural finish. I transferred it into smaller containers and I keep them everywhere - at my parents, my in-laws, my sister's...I love it!

on 7/8/2001 1:22:00 AM

Excellent powder for light skin - it gives a flawless finish.

on 7/30/2001 12:42:00 AM

A lovely fine milled loose powder that fees heavenly on the skin. It leaves a flawless, seamless finish. The only thing I didn't like was that this product contains talc.

on 9/23/2001 12:05:00 PM

This powder finishes up your make up beautifully. I use a puff with the powder in the morning and keep on adding more because I love its texture. I also bought a pressed powder to carry it around in my purse. Along with LM's oil-free foundation, this is one of the few products I keep buying again.