Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 56 & Over
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.6

I bought this because of all the great reviews out there. But I don't get it. I've tried putting this on the way they show you on the videos with playing with the puff and pressing and rolling and with a fluffy brush. Either way it turns me so matte that my skin looks flat and not flawless. I am very disappointed.

on 7/27/2015 9:19:00 PM

This product is freaking amazing! I don't write reviews often but I had to on this one. I'm 60 years young and always on the lookout for products that help improve the look of my complexion. I use IT CC cream as a foundation. I've used other powders, loose and pressed as a setting powder. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier. It's expensive but the jar is large and I don't think I'll use it up in my lifetime. You don't need much product. It blurs everything. My pores virtually disappear. I've tried many products in my life and not too many are holy grail status. This definitely is top on my list. I did buy the Laura Mercier puff to go with this. I blot it on after my foundation and before my blush. Perfection!

on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very oily skin and this leaves a natural, matte finish, but after using it for about a week or so, I was so disappointed that it broke me out. It also contains ethylhexel palmitate, which is known to cause acne.. Switched to "It Cosmetics" Bye Bye Pores translucent setting powder which is amazing!

on 6/25/2014 11:14:00 AM

I love this loose powder! It's very finely milled, so I can brush it over my foundation or BB cream without ever looking powdery or heavily made-up.

on 12/25/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Having read good reviews of this product and watching several make up gurus rave about it, I decided to try it. Although I like it well enough and have used it off an on for over three + months, I can't say I find it better than any other high end loose powder that I have purchased; it seems similar to Nars' loose powder, for example. I am finding that the older I get, the more careful I have to be with all types of powders - since they settle in my lines and wrinkles. I do always finish my makeup with a dusting of powder but these days I make sure it is finely milled and then spritz with Urban Decay's All Nighter. Don't think I will repurchase this but rather try something else.