Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 5/8/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK...so I usually can't use face powder AT ALL. My skin has gotten too dry and sensitive over the years. But although I'm not oily, I must use heavy duty moisturizers under my foundation, which can end up appearing shiny. I don't mind dewy, but shiny on the forehead...not so much. Especially since I have a HIGH forehead; I mean, it's big.

So sometimes I really do want to use a bit of powder, just to keep from blinding those in the vicinity of my giant shiny forehead. After quite a lot of research, a few months ago I got the smaller size (with the puff) of this. But I hadn't really needed it yet, and was still a little nervous about using powder, which often makes me look like I've got some reptilian skin disease. Today, we were going to the beach (so if it turned into a hot mess, just with my family, no biggie) and my forehead was shining away...so I grabbed this, dipped a small brush in it (I prefer a smaller brush so as not to overload on powder), gingerly dabbed on my forehead... Huh. Looked good, not dry and crinkly. So I continued down my nose and over my chin. Gulp!

A few hours later, I was checking out my face in the mirror... No shiny forehead, and no reptile skin either. Freakin' AWESOME! Now, I've tried many powders, though this is my first truly high end one. And I'm NOT oily, so the last thing I'm looking for is something that mattifies heavily. From my point of view, used sparingly, this can work for those of us who aren't oil slicks, but just need a little help in the shine department. Oh, forgot to mention, many other powders make me itchy, this did not. Colorwise, I'm fair (though no longer porcelain), neutral leaning cool. I could not detect any color added by this.

on 7/27/2015 9:19:00 PM

This product is freaking amazing! I don't write reviews often but I had to on this one. I'm 60 years young and always on the lookout for products that help improve the look of my complexion. I use IT CC cream as a foundation. I've used other powders, loose and pressed as a setting powder. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier. It's expensive but the jar is large and I don't think I'll use it up in my lifetime. You don't need much product. It blurs everything. My pores virtually disappear. I've tried many products in my life and not too many are holy grail status. This definitely is top on my list. I did buy the Laura Mercier puff to go with this. I blot it on after my foundation and before my blush. Perfection!

on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very oily skin and this leaves a natural, matte finish, but after using it for about a week or so, I was so disappointed that it broke me out. It also contains ethylhexel palmitate, which is known to cause acne.. Switched to "It Cosmetics" Bye Bye Pores translucent setting powder which is amazing!

on 6/25/2014 11:14:00 AM

I love this loose powder! It's very finely milled, so I can brush it over my foundation or BB cream without ever looking powdery or heavily made-up.

on 12/25/2012 8:00:00 PM

Having read good reviews of this product and watching several make up gurus rave about it, I decided to try it. Although I like it well enough and have used it off an on for over three + months, I can't say I find it better than any other high end loose powder that I have purchased; it seems similar to Nars' loose powder, for example. I am finding that the older I get, the more careful I have to be with all types of powders - since they settle in my lines and wrinkles. I do always finish my makeup with a dusting of powder but these days I make sure it is finely milled and then spritz with Urban Decay's All Nighter. Don't think I will repurchase this but rather try something else.

on 1/16/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a sample gift when I bought another product. It's quite surprising: I can use it with no problems. I have rather dryish skin now, or at least in parts. At my age some people are quite dry, but I have a somewhat oily T-zone and can still stand a bit of powder but don't like to emphasizes any fine lines. This works a treat: I pat it on after shaking some powder out of the little can, and then rub my hands together, This disperses the powder and blends it in better when I apply it to my nose and forehead. No globs, streaks, or cakiness this way. You only need a touch to set your foundation, and it goes right in immediately. A puff or brush tends to apply too much. Rub it into the skin lightly, and you're all finished! The only downside is the price-a bit on the expensive side, but then I guess quality is worth it.