Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.7

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Worth every penny in my view! This is the only powder that does not settle and create tell tell fine lines!! It does not look white or chalky on the face either because it contains light reflecting ingredients which creates a natural look. Definitely would not be without this product and always buy one in advance just in case I run out!

This is the best powder I've found out on the market thus far. So finely milled and translucent is true. I personally use this... and when using it for work, I can count on it for any skin tone! AMEN TRANSLUCENT!

"You get what you pay for" is really true on this wonderful finely milled powder that is absolutely transparent, no trace of yellow, no trace of pinky pink, etc. It never settles into my pores!!! My new experience with Laura Mercier has paid off! Little did I realize that there are distinct differences as I learned from this web site! This kept the oilies from creeping up, too! I apply with my large bare minerals powder brush, although there are diehards out there who utilize the powder puff option, by pressing and rolling. Oh well, still learning...if you are on the fence, then just go for LM.

on 11/27/2007 12:21:00 PM

I love this power: I am so impressed that this, over whatever foundation I wear, sets it beautifully and looks so smooth. This is so great, almost didn't buy it: even over just the tinted moisturizer it is enough for me to walk out the door: quite a statement for a 50-something with rosacea.

on 1/5/2005 3:30:00 PM

Good quality powder. Found it a bit pale for my liking. I've since fallen in love with BeneFit Georgia Peach instead.

on 6/29/2001 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 2-11-2018- 17 years later, and I still repurchase every time I run out. I longer use T Le Clerc I changed foundations over the years and the T LeClerc just didn't look as good as the LM did, plus got tired of the messy container and I just kind of stopped replacing it a few years ago and stuck with LM.. I did not like the Laura Mercier powder puff, pass on that and get a Shu Eumera, they work so much better and are cheaper.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The application info from Sephora's website is perfect. But you can also use a beauty blender but I much prefer the puff:

Suggested Usage:
-Preparing the puff is key: press the Laura Mercier Velour Powder Puff into the loose powder, then work the powder into the puff by folding and rubbing the halves together, or by tapping the powdered side vigorously on back of hand.
-Gently press the puff onto skin, using a rolling motion to work the powder in. (Around eyes, use Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes).
-As with all Setting Powders, apply after any creamy formulas, including cream blush.
-Tip: When your entire makeup application is complete, including color, give your skin a velvety, finished look by using the Powder Brush to apply Translucent Loose Setting Powder to sides of your cheeks, and the center of the forehead, nose, and tip of the chin

This is a wonderful powder, almost as nice as my #1 favorite, T Le Clerc. Le Clerc has so many color choices for correcting, etc. plus I think the LeClerc gives a much more natural finish. The LM can look powdery on me, The finish is more matte compared to LeClerc. LeClerc absorbs excess oil, but never dries my skin out. I use the color Chair Ambree which is for all skin tones and the top seller. I also use bananae, but prefer the Ambree for day, bananae for night. I love the compact pressed powder in Sable and it lasts me about 2 years because I only use it for touch ups once in a while when I am away from home. The one thing I do NOT like about LeClerc is the tin can. It looks nice, but the lid just sits on it, and if you are not careful, it will spill all over. LM has better packaging and price.

Description from Sephora website:

What it is:
A cult-favorite and award-winning, silky powder with a touch of sheer coverage to set makeup for lasting wear.

What it does:
Translucent Loose Setting Powder locks in makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. This bestseller creates a modern, matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage, while it absorbs oil and reduces shine all day. The pros know why it's their favorite: the powder is a little denser than an average powder, providing super smooth, even application and blending. This no-flashback formula means you'll look great in photos, and it creates a soft-focus effect to subtly blur the look of fine lines and imperfections. It will not settle into fine lines or pores and never looks cakey. These truly translucent shades work on all skin tones—from the fairest to the deepest. The just-released, Translucent Medium Deep shade was designed to be completely translucent on medium-deep to the deepest skin tones, ensuring that every skin tone gets a perfectly flawless, translucent finish.

Translucent: perfect for fair to medium and tan skin tones.
Translucent Medium Deep: Ideal for medium-deep to the deepest skin tones.

What else you need to know:
Renowned Makeup Artist Laura Mercier uses Setting Powder to set foundation and prolong its wear, so she applies it after foundation and concealer, and before applying powder-based color. An added benefit: it helps powder blush or bronzer go on more evenly.

Find Your Perfect Powder: While makeup artists and beauty junkies select a powder based on texture, finish, and skin type, others may find it easiest to choose based on skin type alone.

This professional-quality powder is noncomedogenic, non-caking, and dermatologist tested.

Research results:
In a consumer test on 32 women after 2 weeks:
- 100% said it's the key to long-lasting makeup and ensures makeup lasts throughout the day
- 100% said it is lightweight and does not look cakey on skin