Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.4

on 5/23/2018 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this powder. I have oily-normal skin and it really helps the oily t-zone stay nice and matte all day. I have also discovered "baking" and this works great for that purpose, as its quite silky and sheer and doesn't turn my face white, thanks to the translucency it is celebrated for. After blending everything with my beauty blender, I whisk this on with a large powder brush and voila, a flawless, youthful complexion. With this my face feels soft and silky and does't settle in my creases. This famed powder delivers on all its promises and I will happily re-purchase.

on 2/23/2018 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have used this product for years. Although it wasn't until this week that I realized, I was applying it wrong. I have found using a puff and pressing it into the skin (instead of using a powder brush) has been amazing. The area that has benefited the most and that I'm thrilled about is under my eyes. No more transferring of mascara and eyeliner on my lower lid. Maybe not 100% but definitely 95% or better. I'm so happy!!!!!! For my oily skin, this paired with Almay's TLC foundation is HG.

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a small size of this highly touted translucent loose powder at Sephora and I can see why it gets so many raves. It's finely milled and goes on beautifully without looking chalky.
It does give me a lovely finish to my foundation, although it can be a bit drying/matte. This is ideal for normal/combo or oily skin types. My skin seems to be going through changes (hormonal) and anything drying/matte isn't flattering.

I said no to re-purchasing because I prefer Shiseido's translucent loose powder. It goes on a bit sheerer than LM's version and it's translucent in the true meaning. Plus it's not as drying/matte.

It's still a great product and I still enjoy LM base products. I just don't love this one enough to re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

I heard so many good things about this powder, so I was expecting miracles and purchased the travel size at Sephora. This didn't do anything magical. The thing is when you reach a certain age, you can get that reptile looking skin when you use powder. I'm looking for a powder that looks smooth and doesn't break down. This wasn't any better than say, Coty's Airspun. Returned it.