Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.3

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having heard all the rave reviews about this powder for the last year I finally gave in and got a jar. I had been using the NYX translucent powder which worked fine for me. I honestly couldn't understand all the hype about it, I mean how different could a face powder actually be but yet I was curious. I spritzed a bit of Mac Fix+ afterwards. I was literally surprised at the end of my application. I actually noticed my face had a very subtle glow to it. Not something that anyone would think "what's on her face", but it just gave me a lovely brightness. That said, it's pricy and it does have talc, parabens and some other ingredients which may promote breakouts. Because of that I took away one lippy. But overall I love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of the few powders that does the job and doesn't cause flashback in photos. Expensive but worth it and lasts forever. It is truly translucent ....and doesn't show up white like some translucent powders do.

on 5/19/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

At this age of 53 this seems to be the best loose powder the trick is to apply only a little bit and I make sure to put punch holes when I first open it up I keep the sticky on and just use a safety-pin otherwise too much comes out but I highly recommend this powder the only con is its price and the color selection is very few but it works wonders for older skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a small size of this highly touted translucent loose powder at Sephora and I can see why it gets so many raves. It's finely milled and goes on beautifully without looking chalky.
It does give me a lovely finish to my foundation, although it can be a bit drying/matte. This is ideal for normal/combo or oily skin types. My skin seems to be going through changes (hormonal) and anything drying/matte isn't flattering.

I said no to re-purchasing because I prefer Shiseido's translucent loose powder. It goes on a bit sheerer than LM's version and it's translucent in the true meaning. Plus it's not as drying/matte.

It's still a great product and I still enjoy LM base products. I just don't love this one enough to re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

I heard so many good things about this powder, so I was expecting miracles and purchased the travel size at Sephora. This didn't do anything magical. The thing is when you reach a certain age, you can get that reptile looking skin when you use powder. I'm looking for a powder that looks smooth and doesn't break down. This wasn't any better than say, Coty's Airspun. Returned it.

on 4/30/2016 12:58:00 PM

Yes, it is a good powder. It's not extraordinary. Quality wise, I don't see it as any better than my previous Bobbi Brown or other products. The colour of this is not completely white, thankfully, but still a very light yellowish beige which can leave a slight paleness on the skin. I would prefer if it came in a slightly darker yellowish colour. Oil control is fine, nothing out of the ordinary again. Texture is fine, but you do see it on the skin initially especially if there are any flaky spots of cakey foundation. So yes I could buy this again, but there are other comparable products (such as Ben Nye whose price-quality ratio beats this) so I'm not sure. My skin is around NC20 and quite yellow in tone.

on 11/10/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I actually bought this powder because I looked everywhere and couldn't find my Shiseido loose setting powder! I figured that if I bought a replacement powder, the lost one would probably turn up (Murphy's Law of makeup!) and, sure enough, it did (in a spot I'd already looked too!). Anyway, I'd been wanting to try the Laura Mercier loose powder and I'm glad I did. This is LOVELY as a setting powder for foundation and especially for my under-eye concealer. The powder is beige rather than while (like the Shiseido powder or Nars, MUFE and MAC Prep+Prime powder) but when you apply it, there really isn't any colour at all - it IS translucent (not sure how it would be on dark skin tones but I think it would be fine). It's a very finely milled, elegant product and a pleasure to use. It seems to keep my foundation or CC cream fresh looking a bit longer than if I don't use it and I also like this for touch ups, though I may buy the pressed version as this can be a bit messy to use during the day, although transferring a small amount to an empty/"recycled" sample type jar works really well. Definitely a repurchase product for me.

on 11/3/2015 10:26:00 PM

I got this in a Flawless Face Kit. This was packaged with the corrector and concealer in the top. I have completely used this up but barely made a dent in the other products. I have a lot of powders but this sets my undereye better than anything else while also not making that area look cakey. Just ordered a full size of just the powder. It's expensive for a powder though