Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So easy to get a natural result with this powder. Classic loose powder packaging - jar with screw top, dispensing plastic lid underneath. I have used this several months on a regular basis (at least a few times a week) and it still looks like it is completely full - you get a lot of mileage out of this one...

This powder does leave a beautiful finsh. Unfortunately it did not stay that way regardless the foundation/primer/concealer combo under.

on 8/25/2011 11:32:00 AM

I love this powder and until I discovered Christian Dior Capture Totale loose powder it was all I used.

It has a lovely fine texture and it really is translucent, it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation at all, which a lot of others have.

Would definitely buy this again.

on 7/2/2011 8:00:00 AM

It's not bad, but no where near as good as my HG MUFE's. I gave this to my sister and went back to my HG as I found it too drying in some areas on my face. I also think MUFE's offers a more natural and matte finish.

on 5/20/2010 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

silky and very nice coverage....but it breaks me out....all of her products are very beautiful on if you use primer tm and powder to set, but they make me break out like crazy

on 4/27/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have had this product for about two years and always come back to it. I read an article recenty where a make up artist said it is always best to use a pressed powder for a sheerer coverage over make up, when I had always thought it was the other way around. I bought the chanel pressed transcluent powder as it is more portable to have in my bag but I am back to using this. I think it is truly transluscent and if I use this my make up looks as sheer and fresh at the end of the day as it does in the morning. I think it is truly translucent and adds no colour to the skin at all, whereas for me, the Chanel pressed one added a little colour. I pick it up with the brush and then tap most of it back into the container so there is only a dusting on the brush and press into the skin. I even use it under my eyes to set my concealer and I find it never cakes/settles into fine lines. Love it. Will last for ages as well, I have had mine for two years.

on 3/21/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Beautiful finishing powder. So finally milled, it blends wonderfully with my fair complexion. Great product and a jar lasts forever.

on 2/28/2008 12:23:00 PM

i have never been a powder lady but as I hit my prime (late thirties, ahem) I realised that there is something about powder properly applied that really finishes off a look. I remembered I had a pot of the small LM loose powder from ages ago and started experimenting with the velour pad it comes with. I liked the look of it in my mirror so had a closer look in daylight. Impressed with this. I agree with another reviewer that it even sets undereye concealer well, but totally naturally without that old lady fluffy faced look. Now I cannot be without this. I bought the full sized one today and I love it. I can't believe that I have been missing this make up trick for the last ten years. I look so much better and any open pores on the forehead are completely minimised. I must say I prefer this under the eye to the Secret Brightening Powder I think. The SA at LM in Birmingham said it didn't really matter which one you used it was up to preference