Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 36-43
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

4.3

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.

Purchased the small size and once I finish it I will repurchase asap. Its silky smooth and keeps my undereyes crease free.
My Sephora doesn't carry this brand so I'll order from Nordstrom.com because it has FREE SHIPPING.
Update 11-27-16 lowered the rating
I thought this was a high quality powder that was silky smooth, but when I compared it to the RCMA powder that my niece has, I now know LM is NOT silky smooth at all!!! RCMA powder was ordered online, really inexpensive & comes in a cheapy shaker bottle container but the powder itself is awesome! I've never felt a powider this smooth, you feel nothing but a silky texture when you rub this between your fingers which is not at all whar LM feels like!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG status! I usually use HD powders, MAC, MUFE, Nars, Cargo blu ray compact powder(discontinued?) and Rimmel Stay matte. I picked the travel size of LM translucent and OMG, this powder is so finely milled and smooth. I can't believe I waited this long to try to. Better late than never. I've been using the travel size for 3 months straight and still a lot of product left. Will repurchase when the travel size runs out.

on 9/23/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I like it, I have VERY oily skin, it makes my make up stay fresh for a long time, and looks very soft, HOWEVER the trick is to but the puff
that goes with it (12.00) that made me kind of mad, and only use a LITTLE on the puff and roll it on, the girl at the counter showed me,

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Been using this for about 4 years now--LOVE it! I understand why it wins so many awards and so many makeup artists love it so much. It sets your makeup, but never looks powdery or dry, just smooth and polished and beautiful. I use to set my LM mineral powder, too. It has no fragrance and comes in a sifter tub. I apply it by pressing it into my skin with the LM velour puff, then I brush off the excess. Gaaahh-juss!A little price-y, but worth it. Will repurchase, for sure.

on 4/27/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have had this product for about two years and always come back to it. I read an article recenty where a make up artist said it is always best to use a pressed powder for a sheerer coverage over make up, when I had always thought it was the other way around. I bought the chanel pressed transcluent powder as it is more portable to have in my bag but I am back to using this. I think it is truly transluscent and if I use this my make up looks as sheer and fresh at the end of the day as it does in the morning. I think it is truly translucent and adds no colour to the skin at all, whereas for me, the Chanel pressed one added a little colour. I pick it up with the brush and then tap most of it back into the container so there is only a dusting on the brush and press into the skin. I even use it under my eyes to set my concealer and I find it never cakes/settles into fine lines. Love it. Will last for ages as well, I have had mine for two years.

on 7/6/2008 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG. I apply this every morning with the powder puff, and it makes whatever foundation I'm wearing look better. I always used loose powder before (Clinique & Prescriptives for years and years), but this feels so light and smooth and I love not adding color.

on 3/3/2008 9:03:00 PM

Lovely, fine-milled powder which feels quite luxurious. I just started using this and love how it doesn't look chalky, blends into my skintone nicely, and and gives a nice finished look. I didn't notice an appreciable decrease in shine on my oily-combo face during the day and still had to touch up with pressed powder with the same frequency as I usually do.

This really is a lovely powder and feels so nice. I don't think I'll ever be able to use DS loose powders, especially now that I am using LM...

UPDATE (4/3/08): I still like this and haven't had any breakout issues with this, so I guess the cornstarch in this is negligible. This feels so nice on the skin, but I don't think it's much different from the Clinique powder I have used for years. Next in line is MUFE's powder, which I'm very excited to try.

UPDATE (5/5/08): Well, I started breaking out from this...My chin looks like crap because of the five zits that popped up one by one...boo hoo...the cornstarch or ethylhexyl palmitate or isopropyl myristate had to go and ruin it! Not sure which ingredients are the culprits, but I do know this powder makes me break out...Too bad too, since I really like the texture of this powder. As soon as I stopped using it and switched to something else, my breakout issues subsided. Plus this stuff is expensive...

on 11/25/2007 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wish they would include the powder puff the LM reps use at the counter. I like this because I don't get a ghostly look from it when applied and I don't feel it on...I still have to blot after a few hours but that doesn't bother me. UPDATE: LM line breaks me out so I have to downgrade my original rating.