Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.8

What can I say, I love this product. The powder is light and easy to apply and the visual look of the product once it is applied is great.
I would buy this product again and have been a loyal fan of Laura Mercer for the last 1-0 years.

I've heard about people talking about this product for years. It was finally accessible via travel sizes at Sephora, so I decided to grab a tub to see if there was truth to the hype.

I didn't hold out much hope pouring a tiny bit amount into the lid, as it looked a bit chalky. I figured that since I had laid down $28 dollars plus tax, and I would just have to find a way to make it work - because $30 is a lot of money to throw away. Once I put the puff down, I saw just how smoothly it applied. My skin didn't look powdery or chalky, but it looked incredibly smooth - plus, it felt like silk when gliding across my skin. And even five hours later, there's minimal shine and my skin still looks smooth.

Plus, just a tiny bit went a long way.

I think I'll be purchasing a back up just in case Sephora decides to get rid of this at some point.

on 12/22/2017 8:04:00 AM

i use it after the tinted cream of Laura Mercier and it does a great job. great product 😋

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I finally got this and was shocked on how disappointed I am with this. This is a cheap powder in a fancy package. I have very oily skin so I am very particular in face powders as I constantly rely on them. I just got an awful finish with this powder. It goes on way too matte and powdery even when using a tiny bit. But say in an hour, my face is oily all over again! Repeat, repeat and repeat. So basically with this powder, I was either cake face or Crisco face. In my opinion (and I know this has a big cult following), I just don't see the hype. Maybe if you have normal skin and you are using this as just a setting powder, it would be fine.

Better powder options for a lot less money: Coty Air Spun, ELF HD pressed and loose powder and Revlon Color Stay translucent.

I wish I had read more of the reviews on here before going out and buying this. I used this religiously for a while and yes it does its job of keeping your skin less oily BUT I had HORRIBLE flashback! I started a new job recently and at out companywide meeting they take a pic of you and put it up on a giant screen in the background through our first companywide meeting...........There I was with giant white circles under my eyes coz I had used it to set my under eye concealer! So if you are NC25 or more please DO NOT BUY THIS! There are others that will do the job just as well.

on 7/23/2017 2:24:00 PM

I was pretty disappointed with this powder. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I just don't understand why so many people love it. Maybe I just have weird skin, I don't know. Oil control is not all that great, and it doesn't take too much of it for it to start looking cakey. Which means reapplying it often (as I have to do) results in cake-face.

I have bought drugstore powders that did better for me than this, so I don't think I will be repurchasing. I really wanted to like it and will certainly use up this container considering what it cost, but I'll be on to something else after that.

UPDATE: I'm upgrading this review from a 2 to a 4 because I tried it with a different foundation, and it's like a different powder! At first, I used it with the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation (it's a liquid foundation) and I was not impressed. But when I tried it again using the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick, it works beautifully! I cannot believe the difference. It just interacts so much better with it, and I love it using this foundation.

on 7/5/2017 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I purchased this item in the trial size ($23). I have tried numerous drugstore powders and decided to bite the bullet and by this high end powder.

This powder is the best powder I have ever tried. This sets my under eye beautifully. Eventually I would like to try RCMA or Ben Nye powder as well (thanks YouTube). I am NC44-45 and this looked great for my highlighted areas, I did not place this on the other areas of my face.

Would highly recommend, and am unsure if I will repurchase (I'm a frugal gal). I will try Ben Nye and RCMA next since they are easier on the wallet.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've tried, and it will be the last! It does a great job setting my t-zone, without changing the colour or finish of my foundation. Love!

on 1/27/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've tried every type of setting powder out there but nothing compares to this. It sets makeup beautifully without caking or settling into fine lines. It doesn't dry my skin out and gives a matte not fake finish that never looks powdery or heavy. Also looks great in photos. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and this keeps oil under control enough so that I may need a blot or two throughout the day tops. No reapplication necessary. It is a little pricey but I've had a travel size jar for 2 months and it's still almost full after daily use. HG wish I had shelled the money out for it sooner.