Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 2 comment on this powder because I know how hard it is 2 find a really good setting powder if you suffer from oily skin & have large pores. I have been using MAC Blot powder for a long time. I would say that I go through about 3 compacts a month. That's entirely WAY 2 expensive of a habit 2 keep. I really haven't found anything better than the MAC Blot powder for my oily skin. Most other powders didn't provide enough oil control, plus they all looked very cakey on me. I need 2 use a little more powder than the average person because I am so oily. That in turn, can accentuate pores. So I never had a problem with the MAC Blot powder, but I am just tired of going thru it so fast. I love using the MAC 182 brush & my Coastal Scents deluxe Pink Kabuki brush. That's y my powders get eaten up so quick.

I decided 2 give Laura Mercier's powder a try due 2 all the rave reviews just about everywhere. MUA loves it, & so do other You Tubers. Even the Sephora customer service phone reps. suggest it. I know it is quite expensive, but since it is already loose, I don't have 2 grind away @ it with my kabuki brushes like I would with compact powder. I do like the amount of powder that you get. I tried it the other day, & I must say that I was quite impressed. I really didn't have 2 use that must @ all. I used less & got the same results that I normally do with the MAC Blot powder. This powder controls my oily skin pretty well & it camoflauges my pores. I actually think it makes my skin look smoother than the Blot powder. I highly reccomend this powder for anyone that wants smoother looking & matte skin. I don't think I'll be buying the MAC Blot powder anymore. I do love MAC products, but this loose setting powder is phenomenal. It really is worth the money. I use this powder 2 set my MUFE HD liquid foundation, & the combo. of the 2 2gether is fantastic. This is coming from someone that does not have perfect skin.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Okay. This stuff is the real deal. I hate the price, but god dangit if I'm not willing to fork it over for this magical fairy dust.

The best setting powder for combination skin. I highly recommend this. Never goes on cakey and it blurs skin to look like perfection. Very long-lasting. Does not emphasize pores or dry patches.

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

on 1/10/2016 9:51:00 PM

I bought this BC of jaclyn hills rave reviews mostly. And because it was hyped on here and on YouTube.

Way overhyped. This does absolutely nothing for controlling my oil. It's just average at blurring and smoothing out my skin texture.

I like it for setting my undereye. But I can think of a dozen cheaper alternatives I like just as much for that.

In her most recent favorites video jaclyn says she actually changed her mind and prefers Mac MSFN to this now. That I agree with! MSFN is life changing. This powder is just really expensive powder.

Glad I got the smaller size. I use it and like it but won't repurchase

on 9/7/2011 1:19:00 PM

This is a below average product. First, it's false advertising: it is not translucent at all -- I can't see how this would work for anybody but pale ladies, considering I use it when my skin is in its lighter range and I'm only NC25. It sets my makeup okay, but it leaves a powdery, ashy cast and doesn't sink into my skin until a few hours later. And unfortunately a few hours after that, it disappears and doesn't control oil at all. Honestly I like my NYC loose powder more, since it looks more natural and less powdery immediately after application, and lasts longer. I'd normally give this a 2, but because of the outrageous price and undeserved hype relative to mediocre quality, I'm knocking it down to 1.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is good stuff. Light weight and natural looking. If you are familiar with the hg chanel loose powder, this is quite similar. But the finishing for the LM loose powder is not as matte as chanel. One major advantage why i will repurchase is the price point. LM is more affordable. goes well undereyes too. wont look cakey.

on 1/4/2019 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I resisted the urge to buy what I thought was an overpriced powder that was at risk of overexposure by Youtubers. But when I saw that Sephora was selling a smaller size of along with the glow version in a set, I finally relented and made the splurge. I gotta say… this stuff must have fairy dust in it or something because it makes a huge different with undereye concealer. Everything just looks fresher, even by the end of the day. If I have a regular work day ahead, I just use a tiny amount and apply it with a setting brush and if I have a night out, I’ll use a spoenge and bake with it. Both methods work for me beautifully and proves that this powder is far superior to the competition. I will certainly purchase the original size once I’m done with the mini one.