Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 5/3/2018 7:28:00 PM

I’m a little frustrated because everyone really loves this powder and I just can’t get it to work for me!

When I bake with it, it actually darkens my concealer (Tarte Shapetape). I know a lot of people use that concealer with this powder so I’m not sure why it reacts with my skin like that (yes - I’m using the translucent powder and not one with a tint). I even tested out my paranoia by only doing one side of my face with the powder (spritz’d with setting spray) and then going downstairs. My fiancé (without being prompted) asked me why my face was two different colors and why the left side looked “crunchy”. When I asked him what that meant he said dry, powdery, and my pores were more obvious on the powdered side of my face.

I’ve tried damp sponges, puffs, different brushes, more powder, and less powder! I plan to continue trying different things. Maybe one day I’ll be able to come back and bump the rating up!

on 9/12/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just days of using this powder and I am super in love already! I do have very oily skin so I cake often using bad powders. This is just gorgeous. It is finely milled and no matter how many times I powder throughout the day, it does not cake at all. I use this with a smaller powder brush since I like to powder on certain areas of the face more than others, well mainly in my T-zone. This just smoothes out everything and your skin looks evened out.

I find this a good investment and yeah when you buy it you would think it is expensive but I think this will last for years I think. I can't wait to use this on clients, and maybe try it with the puff too.

Holy grail status! I will definitely repurchase for sure!

on 7/6/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is really good for the first application of the day but it doesn't do retouching well.

The best setting powder for combination skin. I highly recommend this. Never goes on cakey and it blurs skin to look like perfection. Very long-lasting. Does not emphasize pores or dry patches.

on 5/26/2016 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is really hyped and for a long time I just thought a powder could not be that good or that different than my other powders. I was SO wrong! This powder is HG AMAZING!!!!!!! No joke, I've never been told in my life that I have nice skin..never in 31 years! The first day I wore this, a lady complemented my skin! Not my makeup, my SKIN! I wear my regular foundation, concealer and then set and bake my under eye area, chin, forehead and cheeks. Brush away after a few minutes and be amazed! There's also a TON of product in the container so I don't see running out anytime soon. The best ever!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe the hype!!

I've tried this powder over liquid foundation, bb cream, cream to powder, regular cream, liquid highlighter, just plain concealer... It just WORKS. No creasing or cake face, and pores stay minimized all day long.

This is hands down the best multitasking powder I've owned. EVER. It should be a staple in everyone's makeup bag!

I bought this to compare to the NARS light reflecting loose powder and I prefer this one. The finish looks smoother and it does not alter my liquid foundation. It also absorbs oil and keeps my face matte a lot longer than the NARS does. My foundation seems to last longer on my face as well. I only gave it one lippie for packaging though because when I peeled the sticker off of the sifter, the sticker left the glue residue behind making the top useless (unless you want to waste your power by 'blotting it). I bought another jar but had the same issue with the sticker leaving glue residue on the sifter.

on 4/20/2013 8:13:00 PM

This powder is translucent but it's able to blur out alot of imperfections such as pores, fine lines and make your skin looks super smooth with no actual trace of powder......i think the slight yellow base also can balance out any minor redness on your skin.......and the last good thing is that you cannot feel this powder on your face which i experience which most loose powders.........amazing product!!!!!!!!

on 2/22/2013 11:56:00 AM

This powder says its translucent, but it ended up making my medium/olive skin complexion look white. I always hear that LM products give a more natural look, and I was really hoping for more out of this product, but i'm still on the hunt for the perfect loose powder for my asian skin..

All i can say is it does the job but also looks a little bit chalky, maybe because im so used to glowy foundation but god fed up when looking at a photo of me my forehead, nose and chin looked like you could fry an egg on it i decided to get a powder.I use this with a l.m foundation and the 2 work together.Just need to get used to the matte look.I may buy it again if i can't find a better one.I wouldn't say its tranlucent but then it also dosn't really change the colour of your foundation that much either.