Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

on 7/6/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is really good for the first application of the day but it doesn't do retouching well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is amazing. First of all packaging, it comes in a round package with tiny holes on the top. As you shake some powder comes through the tiny holes. Now for texture, it never looks powdery or cakey. Even though I have warm skin (nc42) this translucent powder never left any whitish look on my face. Now for oil control, this is the best powder I tried so far. It works better than primer. Make sure to use very small amount, otherwise you will ended up looking too matte. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). First day I applied little too much due to which I felt dryness in my cheeks. So I only apply this on my t-zone and in my cheeks i just apply the brush with left over powder and that is enough. It controlled the oil for me upto 8-9 hours. I don't think I'll use it in winter but I'll use it and repurchase it for summer.

on 1/10/2016 9:51:00 PM

I bought this BC of jaclyn hills rave reviews mostly. And because it was hyped on here and on YouTube.

Way overhyped. This does absolutely nothing for controlling my oil. It's just average at blurring and smoothing out my skin texture.

I like it for setting my undereye. But I can think of a dozen cheaper alternatives I like just as much for that.

In her most recent favorites video jaclyn says she actually changed her mind and prefers Mac MSFN to this now. That I agree with! MSFN is life changing. This powder is just really expensive powder.

Glad I got the smaller size. I use it and like it but won't repurchase

on 6/1/2011 6:16:00 PM

I bought this powder after it was recommended by an SA at Sephora for oily skin. I wanted a loose powder instead of a pressed powder (she highly recommended the pressed Smooth Focus because she uses it for her oily skin). It's finely milled with a hint of ivory color but goes on sheer for the most part. I prefer using a powder brush to distribute a light layer onto my face because I feel like using a powder puff first doesnt spread it well enough since the powder is so finely milled. You'll just end up with dots on your face from the sifter. This powder reminds me of powders like MUFE HD powder but it isnt quite as finely milled but pretty close. I didnt want the white color (even though it's supposed to go on sheer, it isnt always the case) so that's why I like the LM translucent powder because it's off-white.

As far as how it works for an oily face, it does a decent job- even in the heat. Do I think there is a better powder to be found for alot less than $34? Yes, and I'm going to find it. But I do think this one is worth a try to purchase and see if it does work. IF you're looking for pressed, then I would definitely check into the one mentioned in the first paragraph.

on 12/22/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is nothing special. Does not mattify my oily skin and does not even imperfections in the skin texture, like some powders do...Does not hide pores at all!

I think that this powder is ok for normal skin maybe...or dry skin. But not for oily skin types cause this does not do anything about the shine you already have...insted it gives some kind of "glow"... This "healthy glow" is good looking maybe only for 1 h, and turns into a oil slick in the middle of the day... Add to this that this is quite a pricy brand! No thanks.

TRY before you buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.

on 6/10/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have repurchased this several times. It's my go to loose powder I use to set my foundation and concealer (LM Oil Free and LM Secret Camoflage). Doesn't add much extra for coverage which I like since I've got enough with my foundation, but takes away shine while still allowing the foundation to retain it's natural finish. LOVE!

on 6/23/2005 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Again...Laura Mercier and my HG powder. You name the brand, and I have tried it. This costs a little more than most, but it lasts me 6 months or more. Love the finish this gives over the oil free foundation.

on 2/19/2005 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's definitely translucent in a beautiful way, but doesn't prevent oil from ruining my makeup half an hour later. I need a better oil-controlling powder.