Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 25-29
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Pros: Blurs out uneven skin texture nicely. Mattes and sets foundation.

Cons: Does not hold oil at bay for long. Despite putting this on, my foundations would still get oily 3 or 4 hours in. After my skin gets oily all the initial blurring/matte effect this powder had are all gone.

(Also I can never bake with this powder without feeling extremely guilty because of how expensive this product is lol)

Overall: Initial application is absolutely beautiful but considering that it doesn't last long, I don't find that this powder is worth the high price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am 28 years old and have never understood the hype re: translucent powder. However I am a total makeup youtube vid binge watcher and saw so many videos with this that I decided to suck it up and give it a go one day. WOW is all I can say. There are only a handful of products I am crazy about and I'm reviewing on them all tonight. This stuff is amazing. I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin that freaks the eff out at any foreign substance. This does not break me out. Not only does it set my makeup and keep it looking perfect all day but #INSTAMODEL. This stuff gives you a Kylie Jenner level photo ha. It highlights beautifully -- it isn't cakey --If you are one of "those" (aka me) who have fine lines under eyes and hate that concealer under eyes tends to look too cakey so you forego it altogether---this is FOR YOU. Dust a good amount on over a liquid under eye concealer (it should look like you pretty much have flour on your face) and let it sit for about 5 mins (this is called "baking") -- be sure that as you are applying concealer/powder you are careful to not create any creases/lines because they will set if you do. SO--let it sit for about 5 mins then dust off all of the excess "flour" look with your brush and you are ready for your close up. Girl get it.

on 9/20/2016 4:41:00 AM

Such a beautiful powder. Sets foundation and concealer so well without making it look dry. So smooth and poreless

This is a good finishing powder! It doesn't look too flat and has a nice smooth finish. I do get oily after 6 hours.

on 8/31/2014 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a great basic loose powder. I love that it can hold my makeup longer. I have NC37-NC40 skin with yellow undertones and looks perfect.

Sometimes when I use too much it can look powdery. However, when I use just the right amount this is great in covering large pores.

I both use the velour puff and kabuki brush depending on how much time I have in preparing for my makeup.

on 5/24/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I always hated loose powders, mostly because of the messiness UNTIL I got this powder. I received a deluxe sample of this with a LM counter purchase. This is the ONLY powder that controls my oily skin all day. I previously used MAC Blot Powder. I will definitely be purchasing a full size when I'm done with the sample!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My first attempt at loose powder over my liquid foundation... the moment I opened the lid it fell all over the place. And I still tend to get it all over the place after a few months of use, so I usually open it over the sink. As for the actual product itself, I think it gives me a matte finish that isn't ghostly white but I still do have to blot by lunch time. But honestly with my oily skin I'm not sure if I'll ever something that won't be look greasy after a few hours. Just as long as I don't look like a complete grease monkey then I should be okay.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

FINALLY! A translucent powder that's ACTUALLY translucent. Before I discovered the wonderful world of Laura Mercier powders, I was stuck using powders that were allegedly 'translucent'...but in actuality they made my super pale skin look orangey/pinky...not exactly the look I was going for.

Like all of LM's powders, this one is super, super finely milled...it honestly feels like silk...you really can't go wrong with this product. And the container is very generously sized for the price...not a bad deal at all.

I'm currently waiting for my Aveda order to arrive (still on the quest for the ever-elusive foundation that will be pale enough for me!) and have ordered a container of their translucent powder as well out of curiosity (I'm a makeup junkie, what can I say?!)...I'm curious to see which one wins out...will update once I've compared both products! :-)

on 4/16/2009 2:24:00 PM

Not impressed. This powder is light, and feels good, but produces no mattifying power whatsoever. Skip it. Not worth the money.