Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder is probably one of the most hyped beauty products of the last few years, and I never buy into the hype immediately so I was definitely late to try it out. I have combination/oily skin, so most foundations tend to develop a shine after a couple of hours. This powder however, prolongs that BY A MILE.
I use it with a damp makeup sponge and pat it on under my eyes, on my forehead, nose etc and it's so finely milled that even if you go overboard with it, it can easily be brushed away or patted into the skin. It makes my makeup looks flawless and matte and just beautiful. I can go for most of the day without getting horribly shiny and it keeps my makeup in place very well too.
It may seem pricey for a mere powder but you get 29g (1 oz) of product so it will last me years. The packaging is great, it has a cap with holes in it to extract the powder appropriately and works a treat.

The first time I used this powder to bake my concealer was not a good experience. My undereye looked ashy and white. I used mac prolongwear concealer by the way. I noticed that the coty airspun extra coverage translucent was way more silky and easy to work with the first time i used the laura mercier. i tried using it again with a different foundation and concealer and the finish is superb. I have been using it for 3days now and i have been receiving a lot of compliments how my skin looks smooth and poreless. Its way more expensive than the coty airspun but its worth every penny! Im already planning to purchase a backup incase i ran out of this amazing powder!

on 11/7/2016 10:46:00 AM

This product gets so much hype on Youtube, but with good reason. It took me awhile to find use for this product because I have oily skin. First of all, this powder is by Laura Mercier and retails for about $38. The price is a little steep for one ounce of product. It comes in a screw canister made of a durable plastic. There are holes for the product to come out. This kind of packaging is very well-done and is much less of a mess than the Coty Airspun powder. Most people use this to set their makeup after applying foundation, but I have tried that a few times. It does not provide enough oil control for me, so I found another use for it. I find the finish very lovely and desirable...almost flawless, but after a few hours, I must blot. I use it BEFORE I apply foundation. I use such a small amount with a large powder blush and it gives a nice surface for my foundation to cling onto. I also use oil-control primer on my t-zone. After applying foundation, I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder. Combining these two products has helped my makeup last so much longer and keep my oil at bay. In other words, I enjoy this powder very much and will continue to purchase. A little bit goes a long way, so there's no need to use too much. Use less to save money because this stuff is not cheap.

on 2/7/2016 9:57:00 PM

A must have.

on 1/25/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

love it but not my HG. I paired this with armani lasting fdt, and the result was amazing! my face was completely matte for last 6-7 hrs. No perfume and work perfectly with silicone base fdt. Its expensive, but i will keep this one.

on 5/24/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very ashey undertone but nice powder!! But will not buy again it is not translucent and with creme smooth foundation it does cake up !!

I love this!! honestly, I don't remember paying 35 dollars for freakin loose powder, but I'm sure glad I did. I have had it forever and use it almost daily. It sets, absorbs oil, and doesn't change the color of my foundation. the packaging also makes it easy to not dump a whole bunch out, and the big lid is perfect for swirling your brush in.

on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

on 10/23/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

okay. my friend loves this product and suggested me to try it out. so i bought it and I've been using this for almost half a year, and i absolutely regret buying this!

i have really oily skin (like really!!!) and it does NOTHING in oil controlling whatsoever. okay, it does give you a really nice and soft feel when you first apply it on. but after 2 hours, i already see oil showing up! sigh.

i tried it with different primers (eg. MUA, smashbox, proactive, sheer cover, laneige etc) and with different foundations (e.g. armani, dior, MUA, bb cream, NARS etc.) and i swear, after these 6 months of experiments, it was a complete waste of time.

Even in winter, i was like an oil sleek! i think i might try out for MUA HD loose powder, since i've heard really good reviews on it's oil controlling properties.