Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 5/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is honestly one of the worst loose powders on the market. This settled into my under eye lines so so so badly and it Made my under eye sooo dry even after applying eye cream first. It looked like I was on my death bed. It also leaves a horrible white grey cast for reference my skin tone is a nc25 in Mac. The area around my nose gets really oily and this didn't help at all it only kept it matte for around an hour or so then it was horribly oily. Don't waste your money on this the YouTube hype is pure bullshit.

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)

on 12/28/2016 1:00:00 AM

This powder is just okay. Not worth the very high price. For some reason when I use this to set my undereye concealer it makes it darker?? Like when I blend it in it's a very light shade and has wonderful coverage but once I set it, it turns darker and offers less coverage. Also it makes it crease and looks cakey. I really wish this powder worked for me considering how much I paid for it, but it just didn't do it for me.

Edit: I like this powder because when I compare to other powders such as the Rimmel matte powder, I just like this one so much more. It is so versatile since you can use it to set anywhere on the face and it won't cause flashbacks. I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase the full size once I run out of my mini one.

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

Okay, so first things first, this product is BOMB. I always see youtubers/instagrammers/what-have-you talking about it and saying its great, especially for baking and they're right. Although I had initially bought this product for the whole baking purpose, I only use it to set my makeup now, not because it doesn't work as a baking product, because it does, but because of the price (i'm not really willing to use a huge amount just to dust half of it off 10 minutes later) and whenever I use this to set my makeup, it gives me this stunning soft matte finish and it blurs my imperfections/pores without making my skin look cakey as hell (as most powders do for my extremely oily and troubled skin). As for oil control, I can't say that it will keep you matte all day BUT once your oil does start to show through, it won't make your face look like a greaseball, it will make your face just look glowy (and I don't mind that look at all because it looks very nice imo).

The packaging the powder comes in is just a regular sifter jar and all sifter jars do sometimes get frustrating to work with due to the fact that they are a pain to bring in a handbag/the powder could go everywhere/last bits of product are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out unless the sifter top is popped off. But thats my only complaint about this product (it's a super small issue that 99.9% of the population can overlook, I hope)

The price it retails for in department stores in Australia is a hefty $62AUD for 1oz.(30g) of product, although that is a decent amount of product to receive for such an amazing powder, the price tag might make many people think again but for me, I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out because I just love the finish it gives.

Overall, this powders amazing, I love it more than I love green tea (and I have 10 cups of that stuff a day, death come at me) so do yourself a favour if you're thinking of buying this powder and BUY IT.

on 5/11/2011 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hey you dry skined girls, this will not work out for you. This is truley the first powder that has accentuated any dry areas i have. I got this as a free sample so no loss (laura mericer is great for online free samples by the way!) But this even made my undereye area look dry?. My friends even noticed... hope my review will save some of you some money!

I cant comment on staying powder and whatever else but LM is a great brand but this really didnt work out

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have always avoided using setting powders because I had never found the right one, until this product.

Does it exactly what its needs to do, sets my make up, makes my makeup less shiny and also stops those little lines I get under my eyes from my concealer.

Very light weight and it is not too matte which I love ! It leaves a velvety finish and I just love it honestly well worth trying it this christmas ladies. I can imagine it works well for most skin types and shades too :)

on 4/14/2018 7:20:00 AM

Packaging: Overall rating is good. Has a spacious lid to pour product into & shuts tightly so product doesn’t get out. Price: Is expensive but at the same time probably one of the cheaper high end powders there is. Product: Finely milled. Does make the under eye area feel & look smoother. Probably would work & feel better on oily skin because I have dry skin & rarely use this product to set under my eyes & as a face powder because it feels & looks so drying !! Even after a good prep it looks like concrete. Good to bake the sides of the nose & under cheekbone contour but for me a waste of money so i wouldn’t buy again.

on 2/7/2018 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Cant fault this powder. Okay the price point may not be the best but i forget about that as it does wonders for my face. Not only does it mattify my skin but it increases the wear of my makeup. Gives no flashback and feels light weight on the face. 100% recommend