Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 18 & Under
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 7/25/2018 11:47:00 AM

I am really loving this powder, literally helped me with my oily T-zone, and also helped with the creases I had under my eyes. It keeps your skin soooo soft, one of the best powders I have ever tried, I highly recommend it ♡.

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

Okay, so first things first, this product is BOMB. I always see youtubers/instagrammers/what-have-you talking about it and saying its great, especially for baking and they're right. Although I had initially bought this product for the whole baking purpose, I only use it to set my makeup now, not because it doesn't work as a baking product, because it does, but because of the price (i'm not really willing to use a huge amount just to dust half of it off 10 minutes later) and whenever I use this to set my makeup, it gives me this stunning soft matte finish and it blurs my imperfections/pores without making my skin look cakey as hell (as most powders do for my extremely oily and troubled skin). As for oil control, I can't say that it will keep you matte all day BUT once your oil does start to show through, it won't make your face look like a greaseball, it will make your face just look glowy (and I don't mind that look at all because it looks very nice imo).

The packaging the powder comes in is just a regular sifter jar and all sifter jars do sometimes get frustrating to work with due to the fact that they are a pain to bring in a handbag/the powder could go everywhere/last bits of product are almost IMPOSSIBLE to get out unless the sifter top is popped off. But thats my only complaint about this product (it's a super small issue that 99.9% of the population can overlook, I hope)

The price it retails for in department stores in Australia is a hefty $62AUD for 1oz.(30g) of product, although that is a decent amount of product to receive for such an amazing powder, the price tag might make many people think again but for me, I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out because I just love the finish it gives.

Overall, this powders amazing, I love it more than I love green tea (and I have 10 cups of that stuff a day, death come at me) so do yourself a favour if you're thinking of buying this powder and BUY IT.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have always avoided using setting powders because I had never found the right one, until this product.

Does it exactly what its needs to do, sets my make up, makes my makeup less shiny and also stops those little lines I get under my eyes from my concealer.

Very light weight and it is not too matte which I love ! It leaves a velvety finish and I just love it honestly well worth trying it this christmas ladies. I can imagine it works well for most skin types and shades too :)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Quite expensive but worth it! The powder is very thin and fine, and I love how it's translucent. My makeup lasts for a whole day after using this! Also, although it's expensive, it lasts for quite long so I'll repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My HG for setting concealer! I first got this in the undercover pot, and used it over every possible conealer, Mac, laura mercier, rimmel, everything! And it works amazingly!
I place it under the ey with my LM concealer powder brush (any brush would work fine) and it feel smooth, and my concealer last all day, and the best part it prevents those dreaded racoon eyes! After about 8 hours of wear there will be slight smudging in the outter corner but no big deal at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!

I usually use my MSFN to set my face makeup, and didn't have it to use on the face as the undercover pot contained so little. However I just received the larger tub in a swap and am so excited to try it out!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

OK translucent powder, it kinda looked cakey. and wasnt exactly translucent, made me a little pale. i liked it cause it controlled my oil. i usually apply it with the laura mercier puff or my kabuki.if i cant find anything better, ill stick with this

on 7/21/2003 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

After all the rave reviews on messageboards as well as in magazines, I had high hopes for this powder. Unfortunately, I was majorly disappointed. The translucent powder, no matter how lightly I applied it (and with either methods of brush or puff), still looked ashy on my skin (between a MAC NC35 and an NC40). Also, my oilies came out just a few hours later. Sadly, it just didn't work for me.