Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 11/5/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. I don't think it makes my skin matte at all, because ten minutes after applying this my skin is super shiny, however, it does minimize my pores and texture like a boss! I have bumpy skin due to acne scars and active breakouts and this sweeps over them to make my face look perfectly smooth! Definitely recommend!

This powder was just okay for me. I wish it kept my face from getting oily so quick. The packaging is beautiful I must say, but don't think the price tag should be what it is. For my full review head over to my blog beautybyprincessmaitland@gmail.com

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i am so disappointed in this powder. i have very oily skin, and this has ZERO staying power. cornstarch works better than this on my skin. i found myself having to reapply this 5 times in an 8 hour period, and i was still oily. i dont understand why this is a cult favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best powder for oily skin!! But use only a small amount otherwise it will look cakey!

I've repurchased this countless of times but I gotta say, it's pretty expensive. The full sized is borderline 50$CAD and I can't believe I justify repurchasing so often. I can say, however, this is my favourite powder just because it never makes me look TOO powdery. Then again, I have acne-prone combo skin and sometimes when my skin is flaky in some areas this can emphasize all those patches. The packaging on the full sized is huge though and kind of hard to travel with. The plastic part on the top that attaches to the lid when you open and close broke on mine and it kinda broke to the point I couldn't really screw the lid on completely. It's fragile. These days I've been just buying the deluxe travel size just because I find the packaging so much easier to deal with. I might just buy the full-sized and just pour the powder into that travel size container in the future just to make my life easier... that being said, this is the only powder I use to set my makeup and I haven't found anything I like better yet.

on 2/26/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I noticed that after 5 hour, my makeup would melt off and my pores were noticeably larger, even with primer. I started using this and that all changed. My makeup can stay in place and look fresh even after 12 hours of having it on. I also really like to dust it across my eyelids as a base after I prime them. I noticed it helps my crease stay in place. It's definitely worth the money.

on 1/13/2017 6:47:00 PM

worth the buy

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of the best translucent powder I've ever used! Feels very light on my face, stops most of the grease for almost the whole day, and I can just wear this out without foundation or CC cream. However, there are some flaws to this magnificent thing. Firstly, the counter people didn't tell me that THEY AIN'T GIVIN YOU NO PUFF. So I came home, and I wanted to try this out for the night-out instantly, and turns out that there ain't no puff inside. The product itself IS COSTLY, so I'm like gurl why ain't you supplying us with some puff, I mean I paid 40 bucks (VAX included) and I didn't get non of that.

How I wear it? - I either wear this on top of my foundation to set it in place and to prevent the grease, or I wear it alone on itself on days when I don't wear makeup.

Who do I recommend this product do - Anyone who has oily skin, or normal, or combination skin. I would not quite recommend this baby to people with dry skin, the reason for being this product WILL make your face looks like 3-4 shades lighter instantly, and one of the few things that help tone this issue down is your skin's natural oil. However if you are wearing oil-based moisturizer, or just skin oil, I guess you could cope with that.

Overall:
Is it great? 5/5 yeah
Issues? NO PUFF INCLUDED UGH, and quite costly.
Stops grease? Yes
Holds makeup? Meh, if you are using this for the finishing touches, I would suggest you use setting spray OVER this to REALLY set your makeup.
Do I recommend it? Sure, go for it people!

Have a lovely day, xoxo.

on 12/28/2016 1:00:00 AM

This powder is just okay. Not worth the very high price. For some reason when I use this to set my undereye concealer it makes it darker?? Like when I blend it in it's a very light shade and has wonderful coverage but once I set it, it turns darker and offers less coverage. Also it makes it crease and looks cakey. I really wish this powder worked for me considering how much I paid for it, but it just didn't do it for me.

on 11/7/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is on the expensive side but I think it is so worth it and it lasts a long time! I have oily skin and use this to bake my face every morning, focusing on my under-eye concealer. It doesn't stop creasing for me because I have a lot of fine lines, but it definitely does delay it! It also makes my oily skin have a really nice finish and I only have to retouch on very humid or hot days.