Max Factor Vivid Impact Eyeshadow Duo - Peach Basket

No Image

peachy pink on one end, mocha brown on the other, almost bronzy. like that one. would make a good crease color. the peachy one is too glittery for me.wayyyyy too much sparkle. paid like $7 for it at walmart. not what i thought it was gonna be. still looking for the perfect brown/pink pairing. this was not it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow, so impressive!
Normally not a Max Factor girl, especially since i had some bad fortune with their regular eyeshadow (hard, not pigmented, etc)....well - these duos are amazing!
I've only tried this color, but it seems like these little guys are all really awesome.
Peach Basket has a peachy pink shadow on one end, sort of the same color as NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss, but in shadow form and with shimmer! The other end is a mocha brown, about the same color as walnut. It is also shimmery.
The shimmer is fairly evident - it's not "chunky" to the tune of some Urban Decay types of shadows, but it's not a really subtle shimmer...I'd say the shimmers are the same as the ones in NARS Angelika blush!

The application is unique: each end is like a cone shaped little sponge tip (imagine a pencil or pen, but the end is covered with a conical sponge tip) and the shadow is in the wand. So everytime you pull out the applicator, it has a fresh coat of shadow to apply. This might seem weird and it was to me, but you just have to try it and see. I found that - miraculously - the shadow seems more professionally applied with these! I am very clumsy at applying shadow, and when i use this duo, it comes out MUCH better.
I just take the little applicator and put a line of it on my lid, then blend with my finger....if i use both shadows, i use the peach on the inner part of my lid, the brown as the outer shade and blend up to my crease. Sometimes i use the peach as a wash, or the brown as a very pretty liner option.
I saw others suggest to use a shadow brush and just rub the brush on the wand, and that's also a great idea too.
My only caution is to be careful not to open it with great force because you'll waste shadow- although it seems like there's a lot of product in there. Cost was very affordable, too, like under $7 IIRC.
LOVE these and the colors are varied and gorgeous.