MAC Deep Damson Pro Eyeshadow

Deep Damson Pro Eyeshadow

3.0

on 11/16/2017 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Pretty matte burgundy. I like to wear this on the outer V with Expensive Pink or Naked pigment, colors like that. Mine is very pigmented I'm not having the issues others did.

Ugh. I had such high hopes for this one. The color is perfect and looks like the swatches on Temptalia but creases like a mother. Ridiculously hard to blend and ends up splotchy ev.e.ry. time. Would not recommend.

lol... This shade looks very beautiful in the pan; it's a matte deep burgundy, wine red eyeshadow. But when I swatched it, nothing shows! I asked the MUA at the store, She confidently said, "Well, duh... It's a matte, it may be dry, but it blends beautifully!" I was like, "Yea, I'm the idiot, show me, Master!" So she went to swatch on my hand... Guess what, nothing shows! Then she took her brush and try again... Boy, I was starting to pity her, and said it's okay I'll take other shades.. :D

tl;dr -- Very dry, almost no colour payoff, patchy...had to rub vigorously to get some colour to show... Looks beautiful in the pan though.. :'(

on 1/16/2016 7:00:00 AM

Deep damson is a matte burgundy shade. Years ago, MAC had a pigment called burnt burgundy that left me heart broken when it was discontinued. Deep damson is the closest thing I can find to burnt burgundy. The color doesn't apply as dark as the pigment did. I do love this shade, it's a beautiful color and it blends nicely. I do like that it's matte. I prefer doing a smoke eye with browns and maroon shades instead of black because I am so pale. This color compliments my skin tone. I believe this would compliment all spectrums of skin tones and would be universally flattering. I bought this in the pan form so I could put it in a Z palette and it makes it convenient to store.

on 11/16/2014 12:09:00 PM

First i ordered one and it came and it was all patchy and dry and the eyeshadow wouldn't even transfer onto the back of my hand BUT it would transfer onto my finger and it would stain terribly. So i contacted customer service and they were amazing they sent another out immediately with priority shipping. The second one i got was better but it still wasnt what I expected. But atleast it transfered onto my hand for a swatch. However on my eyes it was hard to get the pigment to fully cover my skin color and it creased so bad. Then within a few days it had turned as dry and terrible as the first one I had gotten. I was hoping this shade would be super creamy and pigmented but it was dry, not powdery, but dry and stained my skin if i was lucky enough to even get it to transfer. I thought this shade would be more red than sketch as well kind of like makeup geek bitten but it wasnt it was basically the same color as sketch but sketch is so much softer and shows up way better. Im pretty sure the entire batch of deep damsons got messed up because I wouldn't just get two bad ones coincidentally and based on the reviews this eyeshadow is really good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I just got this eyeshadow in a swap because I don't have access to a pro store. I've been debating about trying to get it for a while. All the swatches online are very pretty but there aren't a lot of reviews. But I finally did it and I LOVE it. I had sketch, but the payoff just sucked. I thought it was a pretty color but I just couldn't get it to work for me. So I swapped it out. I just got deep damson a few days ago and I've been wearing it everyday. Deep Damson is very similar in color/shade to sketch, maybe a little less brown than sketch. It is a pro color and doesn't say what the finish is but I'd say it's most similar to matte2 but a little less soft. It's way softer than matte finishes. The payoff is excellent and very blendable. It's everything I wanted sketch to be. I love it and will definitely repurchase if I ever need too. I just wish MAC wouldn't make getting pro colors so difficult! It really is a great basic color that should be in the regular lineup.
Edit: 5/6/11 I just checked on the MAC website and they have this now!!! I'm so excited!!!! So you don't need a PRO store to get this anymore, just wait for free shipping and get it from the MAC website. Still LOVE this eyeshadow. Still don't know why people love Sketch when they could be using Deep Damson.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok at first i wasn't buying this eyeshadow because of the so so reviews, i heard from people that it wasn't pigmented. But when i went to the mac pro store i swatched it and it is extremely pigmented. It is just like the color sketch but deep damson is a matte. I love it and i would def repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It is not quite what it looks like in pan. It looks like a gorgeous matte wine color It turns to a brown shade on my skin but thats just what Cranberry did too, so I need to bring out magenta tones with another color that I have in MAC Take A Wing quad. But I have to say it is niccely pigmented and it works well enough and gives nice depth to my look. However I cannot wear this without something fresh, like Bio Green. Otherwice it looks too muddy for me. EDIT: Nowadays I like it. I use it together with Jest or Ricepaper in my crease and with right brush I can achieve a perfect neutral and polished look. You need so little. This is very pigmented.

on 4/10/2009 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

On a recent trip to my MAC Pro store, I picked up Deep Damson, and drove home giddy with excitement .. my mind spinning with all the potential combinations I could make with this. Well .. that's where the excitement with this shadow ends. In the pot, Deep Damson looks like Sketch's sister .. it's a deep crimson/burgundy with brown undertones that looks like it has endless potential. I was hoping to feel the same love for it that I do my other Pro shades, this one however just doesn't pack the high pigment that my other Pro colors do. Two or three swipes with my brush, and I still can't detect it's even on! It looked so promising, and I wanted SO bad to love this one .. but it just doesn't flip my lid much :( back to Sketch I go!