Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Impérial 73

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Impérial 73
Rouge Allure Laque Impérial 73

4.1

on 10/24/2011 5:25:00 PM

Upon initial application, a plummy-berry with a dab of shimmer, which later fades with wear to a softer rose and which flatters paler, yellow-based complexions. Although categorised by Chanel under 'lipgloss', this product actually has a texture and an appearance which fall somewhere in between lipstick and gloss. Blotting with this will create a subtle, everyday stain while a heavier hand will result in a more full-on, polished look. Smoothness of application guaranteed.

on 7/17/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Imperial is a beautiful plummy muted red, a perfect MLBB for deeper skintones that I unfortunately exchanged due to its uneven application. Inspired by all the rave reviews for the Laque formula I splurged on three, and all three I couldn't get to apply evenly on my lips for anything. Even after exfoliating and moisturizing my lips the color would travel, and wouldn't cling to my inner lip area for anything. I have pigmented lips so a bright pink ring around my inner lips = no deal. I exchanged them for Rouge Allures.
NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference.

on 10/27/2009 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I just bought this shade as my first Rouge Allure cream lip color. Imperial is the darkest shade among the offerings, and yet it doesn't go on scary dark. It's a brown-based berry shade, that is wearable and yet polished. I bought it to wear for formal/evening events, because it's not red, like the other reviewer said, but is pretty and elegant enough. I also do feel that it requires a lip liner when applied full-on; I also like just smudging a little color on my lips with my finger and topping it with a gloss or lip balm for just a nice, long-lasting tint. I'm always very pleased with Chanel's lipsticks and glosses--they are definitely some of the best out there! Even if you don't buy this shade, the formulation of this lip color is just amazingly smooth and comfortable, and deserves a chance! (PS. I'm a 4.5 in Chanel fdtn, or MAC NC42, and this color is one of the few in the range that had a significant color on me. Many of the others are very nude/natural.)

on 2/6/2011 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this colour. Since it's a liquid lipstick, it's extremely pigmented yet moisturising. Unlike other Chanel lip products, the applicator that comes with it may not be the best. I dap three or four dots on my upper and lower lip respectively and then spread them nicely on my lips with a lip brush.
I enjoy this colour very much. To me it's more for night because of the intensity, or I am just in a very good mood one morning.

on 8/31/2010 12:40:00 PM

I am tempted to describe this RA Laque as a cross between a lipstick and a gloss, but actually it is much more like a thick liquified lipstick than anything else. A mirror and lip brush are essential tools here, and I find using the doe-foot applicator just makes a mess. The forumla is slightly drying, too.

Why bother then? Well, for the extra effort and prep I need to pull this off, I get a highly pigmented, creamy finish with a long-lasting stain. This is what I would expect from any Chanel lipstick, only I find the Laque is far easier to build and requires no liner or gloss. It gives a fully-polished look with less product - so much less, that I wonder if anyone one the planet has actually been able to finish a tube of this??

Imperial is a sultry warm brick red on me - a fab alternative to the berry shades of fall and winter. Though it is quite dark, it is still suitable for daytime, especially if only a thin layer of product is used. And if you do decide to pack it on, then you have an easy to wear vamp shade.

Bottom line: a spicy lip product that probably looks a bit different on everyone, this is a versatile shade that will definitely be making my winter a little more interesting. It isn't a must-have by any means, but I have to admit I'm dying to try more RA Laques!

on 8/5/2010 3:20:00 PM

This is my favorite color out of the Rouge Laque line so far. My mom bought this when I bought Dragon, and she hated it! But I later told her it was because she was trying to apply it using the applicator it comes with which I can't do properly as well. I've always used my own lip brush. I tried this color one night after I got home from a dinner. I just wanted to see what the color was. With my skin tone, rose blush seems to work well so it would make sense that this lip color would look good on me too. I put it on and fell in love! I showed my mom and she said it didn't look like that on her but I'm also NC35 and she's NC25 so maybe it just looked better because I was darker. I must say this shade is a go to for work also, it doesn't call too much attention but it's still a sophisticated and beautiful rose color. I keep a spare and a travel lip brush in makeup bag at all times along with my other go to peach stock from Mac, with New spirit lip glass. Those two are my go to colors for any lipstick crises.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

A German website calls Imprial "caramel", a Dutch and a French website call it a straight "brown." I disagree. Imperial is a straight out of the 90s reddish brown- the type of red lipstick you could wear to your office job. It's a great color, lovely on my NC15 skintone and less dramatic than one would think. Consistency is on par with my other laques- this goes on evenly and staying power is decent ( a couple of hours) for a cream lipstick. I *almost* need a liner with this, or else I have to be very careful in applying, Imprial is definitely not a color you can just slap on. For this color especially, the doe foot picks up a lot of product and is not as practical as for some of the lighter shades (I also have Ming and Santal). I would suggest, until the product wears down a bit, to apply with a lip brush if you have one handy.
I absolutely love the way this color looks on me, the red brings out the green in my eyes, yet it is not so intense that it screams "red lipstick."

Popular Lips Products