Essie- Starter Wife (Uploaded by LuxLasVegas)

4.2

50%
would repurchase
4.3/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Jan/16/2018

This is warmer than Mademoiselle, but has a similar application and effect, which is to say smooth and clean looking. Minimal streaking with 3 coats. It’s very “mannequin hands” on my light-medium/neutral-yellow undertone in some lighting, but it can also appear like my polish has just yellowed. I can see it working for darker and warmer skin tones. As for me, I will stick to Mademoiselle!

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

Jun/17/2010

I love this nail polish! I usually stick to dark reds but I needed a light pink color to match a dress. After seeing Salma Hayek with it on the cover of InStyle I thought I would try it out. The color is a very subtle pink and very shiny. I used 3 coats and it has lasted me almost a week which is longer than any other nail polish I own (even OPI). Also since it is such a pale color, chipping …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

May/07/2010

I like this polish but am not in love with it. I needed three coats to get it to actually appear somewhat visible. I do enjoy that it gives my nails a super polished, clean look that one might consider a kind of "my nails but better" finish. I'd be lying if I said that I'll re-buy though. I think I'd rather shop around.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

Mar/01/2010

Classy, shiny, beautiful finish. I do two coats in addition to a base and top. This color is perf. if you can only groom your nails about once every 7-10 days, because chips don't show.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

Apr/27/2009

I LOVE Essie Starter Wife. Since OPI made Bubble Bath more pink, I've been searching for another supe pale pink. This is it! Very classy summer color--two coats are all you need.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

Apr/07/2009

I love how long this stuff lasts as well as its drying time. What I don't like is how pale this color is. In the bottle, it is a pretty soft pink. Out of the bottle, it takes 4 coats to even get it to show a little bit on my nails. With the 4 coats, it is a very pale color, the only time I can see the pink is when I am in a room with white walls. I feel like a color should look like it does …Read more

3 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24