Annabelle Custom Quads Shadows

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

These shadows are a solid effort from Annabelle, but unfortunately I find the colour selection very uninspiring. I do own about 3 shades, and they're great quality and pretty colours, but most of the colour range just doesn't interest me. I do like that they're the same size as MAC, and I prefer to keep them in my 15-pan MAC palettes instead of the juvenile (but sturdy) Annabelle compact. I really appreciate what Annabelle is doing with these, brinding a good quality product and the customization option to the drugstore at an attractive price point. Hopefully they will expand the range and offer more inspiring choices in LE collections.

on 5/12/2011 10:20:00 PM

I bought this a while ago when my Shopper's was having it on sale that you would get the compact free when you bought the four eyeshadows to fit in the quad. The eyeshadows were on sale for $2/each so I got the whole compact for $8 - not a bad deal! I picked out Snowflake (matte white), Vanilla Chilla (matte skin tone), Ebony (matte black), and Metallic Meltdown (shimmery bronze). I find that the white and skin tone shadows aren't as pigmented and are a little chalky, but I like using the Vanilla Chilla all over my lid and to blend out crease colours because it is my exact skin colour. The white makes a nice subtle highlight, since it's not very pigmented. The black is very nice and though it's not super duper pigmented, it is nice to put over eyeliner on my waterline. I love the bronze colour, though I don't find myself using it too much because it's a little orange. I may just pick out two shades to replace two that I don't like, because this is a neat idea. The compact itself is so cute, although the packaging kind of sucks because it did break a week after I got it.

Love these! The colours are really vibrant and great. My only issue is that they don't have as much lasting power as I'd like, but I don't mind reapplying once or twice when the product is so inexpensive and looks fantastic. My compact currently contains Ebony (which is really great as a liner), Divine Diva (one of my favourite shades ever; it's a purplish shade that works well for both day and night looks), Rainforest (a really fun bright green), and Vanilla Chilla (the only disappointing one of the lot... lighter than it looks, and while it's still a good quality shadow, it's not the shade I was hoping for and I rarely use it). I'm really looking forward to trying the others!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was surprised at how pigmented these shadows were when I bought them. I tend to prefer shimmery shadows but in terms of quality for price, these can't be beat. Pigmented, soft, and easy to blend.

on 5/20/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the fact that you can customize your own palette, and at such an affordable price! After reading all the rave reviews here I went to my local Pharmaprix (that's SDM in the rest of Canada) and got the compact and 4 shadows all for under $20: Buff Naked, Divine Diva, Gold Digger and Bronzed Idol. I have dark, olive green eyes with gold tones, so these colors are perfect for me! And unlike other quads, if I run out of one color faster than the others, I can just run out and buy that one pot, pop it into my quad compact and voila! Colors are more pigmented and have longer staying power if primer is used first. All in all, a great investment, and if they stop making the Annabelle e/s (please don't!) then at least I know the MAC e/s pots fit this compact as well! My only gripe is the compact is a bit thick and bulky, and the pots aren't labeled with e/s names, but other than that, I'm very happy with this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The eyeshadow pans and compacts have a RRPof $4.59/ea at SDM, but they were on sale recently for $3/ea. I have attached the photos above of the 4 quads that I have to this product review list. The same photos are also under my profile and are clearer than what are on here.
Each eyeshadow pan has 2g of product and is the same diameter size as MAC's pans. The compact itself is sturdy and very well made. I actually prefer it over MAC's as it has a clear top which allows you to see the colors inside. The magnets inside the compact are super strong, and the pans stay securely in place.
The eyeshadows' texture is soft and creamy. There is minimal fallout, and the color while not too sheer, are not the most super pigmented either. The exception to this is B-ray, which is a limited edition color. This shade is super intense. The colors do intensify more though when you use a primer underneath.
Annabelle has always had excellent eyeshadows, so this is another great product that I highly recommend.

I got this at a local drugstore and oh my goodness it's really great. The eyeshadows are so beautiful and pigmented and great if you are on a budget and still want great quality (comparable to mac eyeshadow...) also I love the fact that it's refillable, because if you run out of a colour you can quickly go out and get a new one without having to buy a whole new quad. I would recommend this product to anyone fantastic quality!

on 11/22/2009 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

These are great quality eyeshadows for the price. I have them all now (except the limited edition ones)and there isn't one I dislike. I really like that these can fit in a MAC palette and hold their own inside it- they're of the same quality pigmentation-wise.

on 4/7/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Canadian girls, run to your nearest SDM to get these!! The colours are dupes of MAC and go on beautifully. After de-potting Annabelle shadows for a number of years (a very easy thing), they have finally caught on and made the quad palette similar to MAC's but bulkier and with a fun black splash design on the clear top. You can pop these into a MAC shadow palette but you need to identify the colour somehow and attach a piece of magnetic tape. These are amazing and right now, if you buy 4 shadows at SDM they give you the palette for free (as long as supplies last).