Annabelle Custom Quads Shadows

Annabelle Custom Quads Shadows

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love Annabelle eye shadows! I Have owned so many and used each one of them up. When these single eyeshadows came out I was super excited because they fit perfectly into my MAC 4 pan palette. The first single I purchased is Ebony, a really super dark matte black that goes on very pigmented and a color I use each time I do my makeup. The second I recently purchased is called Divine Diva and its a gorgeous purple/burgundy with gold shimmer. I have to try more if these eyeshadows soon! When the single eyeshadows were released so was an empty quad that has adorable packaging and fits Annabelle and MAC eyeshadows, also NYX eyeshadows pans from the trio's. I have huge respect for drugstore brands, and NYX and Annabelle eyeshadows take the cake for pigmented colors :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The eyeshadow pans and compacts have a RRPof $4.59/ea at SDM, but they were on sale recently for $3/ea. I have attached the photos above of the 4 quads that I have to this product review list. The same photos are also under my profile and are clearer than what are on here.
Each eyeshadow pan has 2g of product and is the same diameter size as MAC's pans. The compact itself is sturdy and very well made. I actually prefer it over MAC's as it has a clear top which allows you to see the colors inside. The magnets inside the compact are super strong, and the pans stay securely in place.
The eyeshadows' texture is soft and creamy. There is minimal fallout, and the color while not too sheer, are not the most super pigmented either. The exception to this is B-ray, which is a limited edition color. This shade is super intense. The colors do intensify more though when you use a primer underneath.
Annabelle has always had excellent eyeshadows, so this is another great product that I highly recommend.

on 11/22/2009 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

These are great quality eyeshadows for the price. I have them all now (except the limited edition ones)and there isn't one I dislike. I really like that these can fit in a MAC palette and hold their own inside it- they're of the same quality pigmentation-wise.

on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

These shadows are a solid effort from Annabelle, but unfortunately I find the colour selection very uninspiring. I do own about 3 shades, and they're great quality and pretty colours, but most of the colour range just doesn't interest me. I do like that they're the same size as MAC, and I prefer to keep them in my 15-pan MAC palettes instead of the juvenile (but sturdy) Annabelle compact. I really appreciate what Annabelle is doing with these, brinding a good quality product and the customization option to the drugstore at an attractive price point. Hopefully they will expand the range and offer more inspiring choices in LE collections.

on 5/12/2011 10:20:00 PM

I bought this a while ago when my Shopper's was having it on sale that you would get the compact free when you bought the four eyeshadows to fit in the quad. The eyeshadows were on sale for $2/each so I got the whole compact for $8 - not a bad deal! I picked out Snowflake (matte white), Vanilla Chilla (matte skin tone), Ebony (matte black), and Metallic Meltdown (shimmery bronze). I find that the white and skin tone shadows aren't as pigmented and are a little chalky, but I like using the Vanilla Chilla all over my lid and to blend out crease colours because it is my exact skin colour. The white makes a nice subtle highlight, since it's not very pigmented. The black is very nice and though it's not super duper pigmented, it is nice to put over eyeliner on my waterline. I love the bronze colour, though I don't find myself using it too much because it's a little orange. I may just pick out two shades to replace two that I don't like, because this is a neat idea. The compact itself is so cute, although the packaging kind of sucks because it did break a week after I got it.

Love these! The colours are really vibrant and great. My only issue is that they don't have as much lasting power as I'd like, but I don't mind reapplying once or twice when the product is so inexpensive and looks fantastic. My compact currently contains Ebony (which is really great as a liner), Divine Diva (one of my favourite shades ever; it's a purplish shade that works well for both day and night looks), Rainforest (a really fun bright green), and Vanilla Chilla (the only disappointing one of the lot... lighter than it looks, and while it's still a good quality shadow, it's not the shade I was hoping for and I rarely use it). I'm really looking forward to trying the others!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i bought the custom quad about two weeks ago, two of the smoked, 1 of the bronze and another one of a reddish colour (sorry forgot the names, but it's the colours you would get in the smashbox quad). I gotta say, this is amazing! the colours are wonderful and they stay on forever! i got them on sale for 2.99 each. so total of the 4 colours plus the compact was only $15!! so i was lucky to get it cheaper but these colours are amazing and definately worth the price :)

got theses today at SDM in revolver , vanilla chai , jazz berry and fantasy loving the color payoff on these. Only wore them with a mac primer on under so i don't know if they suck without, however i had to wet the blueish one for it to show. The packaging kinda sucked it was a little pan in a plastic covering it in the plastic sleeve seemed really fragile. Would be alot better if the quad had a mirror on it but a good deal none the less going back tomorrow to get more =)

Excellent product! The colors are well pigmented and either matte or not too shimmery, a rarerity in drugstore brands. The pastilles are decent size so there is a lot of product. I end up not using hte carry case as i have a magnetic metal i stick them on. Great value for price

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was surprised at how pigmented these shadows were when I bought them. I tend to prefer shimmery shadows but in terms of quality for price, these can't be beat. Pigmented, soft, and easy to blend.