MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this product I have it in Golden Bronze and it is the best thing EVER!! i dont know how i lived without this poduct for so long. The only thing that needs a little work is the packaging. If youre not careful you can really make a mess. But overall its great!!

on 5/21/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

When you purchase it, just tear out half of the seal that covers the holes. That should take care of the 'sifties'
Or better still, leave the seal on and use a sharp needle to punch 4 holes. Thats actually a better option.

on 5/6/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It really is amazing. It really does make my makeup look flawless... I wear it over my select concealer (NC50) and MSF natural in dark and it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone. I spray a bit of fix plus over the top and I'm ready to go.
My only issue is the packaging; the number of times I've opened it and it's gone everywhere is ridiculous so Mac could improve on that. It is slightly pricey but I'm not surprised considering it is MAC, it is worth the price though. One of my makeup must haves. x

on 4/17/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I use it over Studio Fix Fluid, and it is like magic! I have oily skin and live in SoCal, so my makeup tended to migrate/disappear by the end of the day normally, even if I set it with powder. But this makes it stay all day, controls the oilies like nobody's business (WAY better for me than the Mac blot powder which I was using before), and makes some of my large pores disappear! Not to mention that using this to set my undereye concealer stops the hitherto unavoidable creasing under my eyes. I use an EcoTools bronzer brush to buff it in (it's a really soft, large dense brush almost like a kabuki). The only annoying part about it is the holes in the lid are large and I think I lose a bunch of powder whenever I open it - oh and it's expensive. But I don't need much, so it'll last a while. Some reviewers here talked about using it as a primer - I'll have to try that. If that works, this will definitely be an HG.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My pores are HUGE and this makes them look so much smaller. For that purpose alone it gets 5 stars. It is truly transparent on my dark skin. I also like the finish and the texture of this product. So light weight and smooth. I Love it. I put tape over majority of the holes except the top 3 so that I don't lose product and to minimize the mess that loose powders can cause.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

A SA recommended this when I told her my fdnt (Studio Fix) did not blend into my skin. She suggested I give this a try. Imagine my surprise when I, NW45-50, applied a white/white powder on my face. I couldn't see how it was going to blend in and not appear WHITE.

LOVE IT! I use it as a primer before I apply fdnt to give me the poreless matte look that I love (I'm well over 40). It helps with the oil but I still have to blot a couple of times daily (usually mid-day).

I apply w/a big fluffy brush (did not buy the brush the SA tried to sell) I bought the powder delux brush Sally's which I love. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I actually went to the MAC store intending to buy Prep + Prime Refined Zone, only to discover that they were completely out and only had this powder in stock. The MA gave me some good news: I was mistaken in thinking Refined Zone would control my oily t-zone better than the Finishing Powder. Desperate (I was buying this to use for prom), I quickly bought the powder and hurried home to test it out. Turns out it was smooth and clear. I didn't see too much of a difference but I liked the slightly matte but not dull appearance of my skin.
However, when prom came around it was a miracle saver. I did my makeup myself and my skin looked great all night! Even in pictures taken around 5 A.M. Of course, through the dancing part, I got oily but it wasn't embarrassing or over the top.
Now, I use a small amount everyday on top of my liquid foundation and I loveeee it! It smooths everything out and no matter how much I use it doesn't get chalky (my NW45 skin makes sure it passes the test). It just gives a slight glow. For those who like to have a nice, healthy glow minus oiliness/shininess, I definitely recommend this powder! For the results, it is definitely a well-priced product (this coming from someone who always buys drugstore makeup!) :)