MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

on 12/16/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product did not work for me.I am nc45 and although the product is a white powder it claimed it would be transparent.but when I used it I looked like I got into a fight with a bottle of baby powder.not cute.I returned it for skin finish instead

on 10/10/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this from my first m.a.c seller who made me love their foundation so I went to her again for something that will enhance and set my make up so it docent melt etc.... I found that it gives a very unnatural look in photographs. I try to use as very little as possible its okay but it still shows in photos. But if u put this under ur eyes it give your face a totally refreshed awake look that i only put this on my eyes.

on 7/27/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

its ok, i didnt think it stopped oil for that long. i prefer B.E powder over this

on 3/2/2010 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After reading the reviews for this product, I marched off to the MAC store to get a sample. I have very oily skin and the SA told me this is to set your make up. It is not for oil control. I have to agree with her.
This does nothing to prevent my skin from getting oily but it does keep my makeup in place which is nice. For darker skin tones, it really does blend into your skin and you only need a tiny amount. As everyone has mentioned, the sifter jar makes this a very messy application. Hopefully MAC will do something about that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this on my shiny nose and also to mattify shiny lipsticks. I do wish it had some sun protection though - although I could use it to dry up oily sunscreens (oily skin tends to burn more easily). I have luckily chanced upon some non-oily sunscreens so I don't need to use it on the rest of the face. I don't use skin make-up although it's meant to also serve as a setting powder.

It works immediately and doesn't settle into creases or clump like face powder could. It has a very fine silky texture that is visible at first but then easily absorbed in a couple of seconds.

I like the glittery packaging. Don't peel off the entire sticker and you should be fine. I use it quite sparingly.

Someone said here that it gives an ashy cast in photos - it seems possible but I really don't want to even try that out.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I purchased this product to take on a trip to Florida and I have to admit that it is worth the money although pricey for the size. Word of advice tape the holes. It comes that way but once you pull back the adhesive paper it will still spill out. I took scotch tape and left only three holes open so there is not much loss at all when you open the cover. I know some people complained of acne due to cornstarch but so far so good. This stuff is magic and takes away all of the shine but be careful, too much will give you a dull ghost like hue and when I put it on I use a buffer brush to smooth it out. Wonderful stuff!

on 2/11/2011 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I usually wait a bit before writing a review but this powder is so bomb! I got it yesterday and today I did my makeup around 10:30. I usually get oily around my tzone but not today. I looked in my mirror around 3 and was like something is different. I wasn't oily at all! This is a must have! Oh and I just poked some holes in the top instead of taking the paper off. This helps to not get too much product on the brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My MAC MA recommended this to me for setting my foundation. I'm an NC50 girl and this powder is white and most times when something says that it's transparent, it really means that it's going to make me look ashy. Not the case with this at all! A little goes a long way and it gives my foundation a nice finished look. For me, it does a nice job with controlling my oil but it's cold right now where I live. Summer time may be another situation. Overall, I really like this product!

on 5/12/2009 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I have somewhat oliy skin and I did not have to touch up my face not even once during the day. Even after a long day iIwent to work out and it lasted. I declare my makeup did not move. This is a keeper. It is way better than MUFE HD powder and MAC's blotting powder. I used the MAC Prep and Prime powder on one side of my face and MUFE HD powder on the other side. I asked my husband which side he liked best and he said the MAC side because it gave my skin a glow. Ladies this is a must have product if you wear foundation or even if you don't.