MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 6/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Quite shocked that I haven't reviewed this as this was one of the very first products I swapped for when I started here on makeupalley. This powder is everything! I used to use it in conjunction with the MAC prep+prime primer but I never repurchased when that finished. This product lasts a long time. I think the reason why I do not reach for it all the time is my travel schedule. My pressed powders get all the love when I travel for obvious reasons. One tip of the container and I have a huge mess. Anyway, I love the finish this gives my makeup. I am MAC NW45 so pretty dark and delicious. This blends seamlessly and does not make me look ashy or give my pictures a white cast. As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that this sets my makeup so beautifully that I always look better with this on my face than I do with the blot powder. For some reason I do not think the particles in the blot powder are as fine as the ones in this one. This noticeably reduces shine associated with my oily skin and it the perfect finish before blush and lip gloss. I will certainly repurchase, I recently got the pressed version for travel as I think I am done with blot powder once I finish my current one.

on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It works wonders for my oily skin and used moderately (and blended properly) does not give a white/dead finish even though I am dark-skinned - NC 55

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this on my shiny nose and also to mattify shiny lipsticks. I do wish it had some sun protection though - although I could use it to dry up oily sunscreens (oily skin tends to burn more easily). I have luckily chanced upon some non-oily sunscreens so I don't need to use it on the rest of the face. I don't use skin make-up although it's meant to also serve as a setting powder.

It works immediately and doesn't settle into creases or clump like face powder could. It has a very fine silky texture that is visible at first but then easily absorbed in a couple of seconds.

I like the glittery packaging. Don't peel off the entire sticker and you should be fine. I use it quite sparingly.

Someone said here that it gives an ashy cast in photos - it seems possible but I really don't want to even try that out.

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this product I have it in Golden Bronze and it is the best thing EVER!! i dont know how i lived without this poduct for so long. The only thing that needs a little work is the packaging. If youre not careful you can really make a mess. But overall its great!!

on 10/10/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this from my first m.a.c seller who made me love their foundation so I went to her again for something that will enhance and set my make up so it docent melt etc.... I found that it gives a very unnatural look in photographs. I try to use as very little as possible its okay but it still shows in photos. But if u put this under ur eyes it give your face a totally refreshed awake look that i only put this on my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I purchased this product to take on a trip to Florida and I have to admit that it is worth the money although pricey for the size. Word of advice tape the holes. It comes that way but once you pull back the adhesive paper it will still spill out. I took scotch tape and left only three holes open so there is not much loss at all when you open the cover. I know some people complained of acne due to cornstarch but so far so good. This stuff is magic and takes away all of the shine but be careful, too much will give you a dull ghost like hue and when I put it on I use a buffer brush to smooth it out. Wonderful stuff!

on 2/11/2011 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I usually wait a bit before writing a review but this powder is so bomb! I got it yesterday and today I did my makeup around 10:30. I usually get oily around my tzone but not today. I looked in my mirror around 3 and was like something is different. I wasn't oily at all! This is a must have! Oh and I just poked some holes in the top instead of taking the paper off. This helps to not get too much product on the brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My MAC MA recommended this to me for setting my foundation. I'm an NC50 girl and this powder is white and most times when something says that it's transparent, it really means that it's going to make me look ashy. Not the case with this at all! A little goes a long way and it gives my foundation a nice finished look. For me, it does a nice job with controlling my oil but it's cold right now where I live. Summer time may be another situation. Overall, I really like this product!