MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 1/30/2015 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Apart from the occasion where i'm throwing a tantrum, this is my favourite finishing powder. I have tried them all, every powder in the world you can name. I like my skin to look like my skin, i tend to put this over some concealer and that will be it for my base and it makes me look flawless and MATTE. Use too much and you will have a slight white cast, but as soon as the wind blows and an hour passes, it just looks like you woke up like this.

Over any foundation, it keeps it matte, much better than Vichy or anything else talc-based which always irritates my skin and makes my face red for some reason. Even in the rain this baby holds and so you don't get an embarrassing white streaked face (if you just use plain arrowroot or cornflour, this happens).

I have really sensitive, acne prone, oily/combination skin, and this doesn't irritate (no redness or spots) and keeps me shine free pretty much all day. It's expensive, but there's a ton always being sold on ebay for less, so if you're feeling uncomfortable for forking out for something you are unfamiliar with, just get one on there and you can always pass it on!

As for the packaging, can people get over it, powder does get everywhere no matter what. I've never had a packaging for a powder that has somehow magically contained all the powder within the base. Even with the posh twisty things in some of Bourjois, Smashbox etc.

Lastly, this is very different from the pressed version for some reason. The pressed irritated me and didn't mattify as well or for as long at all... so if you're going for one or the other, i would choose this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love this powder! you would think that since it's white, it would wash out a deeper skin tone, but it looks lovely on everyone! i love the way it looks on top of my foundation. it makes me matte while still giving me a luminous complexion, which i love. i don't like to look completely matte! it has great staying power but i still find myself doing touch ups throughout the day, which is expected considering i have very oily skin. it also works lovely if you put concealer on under your foundation, putting some of this on top the concealer sets it perfectly. i love this product, will definitely repurchase when i run out!

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase

on 5/28/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! As someone who has EXTREMELY oil skin to the point where it is uncontrollable, this product certainly manages to keep my face matte for a good 4 hours before blotting. I also have a few dry patches which i was worried the powder might emphasise but it is so finely milled i haven't had a problem at all. Great for setting foundation and under eye concealer....will be purchasing again!

I love this product :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so glad that MUA exists for reasons like this. I am the type of person that always neeeeds to powder my face after I apply foundation, no matter what finish it is. My problem was, no matter how well my foundation matched my skin, any powder I used always made my face orangy or a masky white. And after a while my face would be all cakey and gross. I hated it! Cue MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Powder. The first powder claiming to be transparent that actually is. This stuff will blur your pores, meld all your makeup together, give a beautiful glow. HG. HG. HG!!!!! This stuff is amazing. I definitely hesitated because MAC tends to make me break out. So glad I took the risk! And this stuff is fool proof. A few times I have accidentally put too much on and it blends right out. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! One note, the filter tends to let too much powder out, so I would suggest taping a few of the holes up before using because it gets a bit messy. All in all - I suggest everyone RUN to go get this. Definite keeper in my every day routine.

on 10/22/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a must have for me, I have been using it regularly since I bought it (~5 months ago) and it seems like its still nearly full! I have dry skin but I do get slightly oily in the t-zone during the summer and this product eliminated that for me. I only use it on my t-zone and under eye area to set my concealer and I have not experience problems with it yet. It does not change to color of my foundation/skin and does not ever look chalky or ashy on me (NC40 for reference). I would repurchase if I ever run out but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Bottom line: I highly recommend trying this if you like using a loose powder.

I really like this product. It blurs out my imperfections and makes my makeup last a long time. I also use a tiny bit to set my undereye concealer. You really only need a little bit to cover your face.