MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

on 11/21/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just WOW! This is my HG and I promise, that you can't find any better loose powder on the market!

I cannot describe what it does with my skin, but after putting this powder on, my face looks just flawless and healthy. You don't need to put on a lot. Just a tiny little bit and it does what it promises. It minimizes pores and makes the skin very even.

And the best is, that it didn't break me out at all. On the contrary I think that it helps to improve my acne prone skin, because it gives a mat finish, so that your skin gets less oily during the daytime.

This is absolutely the best product from mac that I have ever tried. Would buy it again and again and again and again. I hope they will never change the formula.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I brought this months ago and never used it because I didn't know how...man what took me so long! I have oily shiny greasy skin (t-zone) and I apply this with a blending brush (I would like to use a better brush) to my nose, cheeks, under eyes and eye lids...I am oil-free for HOURS. Sets make-up well too. I use it over liquid and powder foundation. There is no white powdery cakey look on my NC45 complexion. This MAC product is the truth.org

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love. Sets my foundation without looking cakey and doesnt dull or change the finish of whatever foundation I use it over.. Does not look like I have on makeup. With this powder my makeup does not transfer onto my clothing (winter here in NYC, ruined a cream colored scarf with my Studio Tech) or onto my cell phone.

To use and avoid fallout, I turn the container upside down, tap and then turn it back upright. Tap the cover once or twice, then unscrew it and use whatever powder is on the cover. The amount on the cover is enough for my whole face. Using a fluffy face brush, 1 dip on the cover covers one side of my face, and then I swirl the brush in the cover again to pick up the last bit and use it on the other side of my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i took a leap and bought this product, hoping it would become my HG powder. and i LOVE this stuff. i also have he mac MSF natural, and idk why ppl buy that stuff! it gets cakey so easily, it doesn't look particularly natural, and it doesn't do ANYTHING for oil control. but this powder is amazing! it feels so silky and when i put it on my skin, it doesn't feel sticky (from the liquid foundation). it glides on so smoothly, and doesn't give you an ashy white look. it's completely invisible. it hasn't caked up once, and doesn't interfere with the color and texture of the makeup you put on prior. i thought it would be very expensive, but it's actually really cheap for a mac product! ($22). one thing that annoys me though, is the packaging. i'm so afraid to tilt or be rough with it because so much powder would come through the sifter. but i guess if you put tape over half of the holes (which is what i did), it would work. i also like how small the packaging is. i can fit it anywhere.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this stuff! I don't know how I lived without it for so long or why I never tried it sooner! My MA recommended this over my Studio Fix Fluid, and under MSFN and it's amazing! I was using the Allison Rafael transparent powder from Sephora for a few years and the MAC is 1000 times better! I can't even believe it! I live in FL and it's so humid so after few hours my foundation would ALWAYS look shiny before, but this really sets it and it lasts WAY longer and looks nice all day long, even if I am outside!

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with combo to oily skin or who lives in a humid area where you need something to set your foundation. LOVE IT!

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Amazing powder! It really sets my foundation/concealer well and gives me a soft, glowy look. I love this--haven't tried MUFE or any of the other HD powders, so I can't compare them, but this one is absolutely great!

on 8/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Iv been looking for a setting powder with no colour that doesnt cake up on my face and make my dry skin even worse and this is amazing!!! I really wasnt getting my hopes up with this stuff thinking it wouldnt do anything and would be the same as everything else but I was wrong... So silky and smooth and perfect, glides on - does not catch in my dry skin, gives my skin a lovely glow and is just the best!!! Does exactly what it says
Totally impressed - bit messy to get out the tub but never mind! Will update in a week or so to see how im getting on :)

on 8/17/2009 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have very oily skin, so been trying to find something to control the oil past midday. I must say I am pretty impressed! It's great at setting foundation, I thought it would come out chalky on my asian skin but used with the right brush it goes on translucent! You only need a little bit too.
I am normally super oily by midday and have to constantly check the mirror and blot, blot, blot.... But since I've been using this, OMG, I'm minimal shiny! I still blot but only need one sheet, which is a big difference for me :)
It might not be for everyone but it did the job for me. The only let down was the packaging as it can be bit messy!
Worth a try, if you wanna keep the oil under control x

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.