MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.

on 1/24/2015 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After using so many setting powders (mufe hd, urban decay, tarte, too faced) and not being impressed by any.. I went to mac for a cheaper alternative and found this. Honestly didn't expect much from it but wow, this keeps me matte for hours on end. I have the oiliest skin (as in I do my makeup at 7 am and already have to blot and re powder by 9 am), not with this. Definitely will be repurchasing.

on 11/1/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this powder recently to try and battle oiliness throughout the day, and so far it totally does the trick! I hate touching up after I leave the house in the morning and this keeps me shine-free and my foundation in place all day. My only qualm is it is a bit messy, difficult to get the right amount out of the bottom reservoir without it exploding on my vanity.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

A very good product which does exactly what it is expected to: stops you from getting oily. I don't have super greasy skin but I do get oilier time to time. The product does its job, and keeps me happy for the whole day.
I use a cotton puff to apply but always tap the access off.
Another advantage is transparency. You don't have to worry about the shade.
The only slight minus is immobility, and it gets messy sometimes too. That's why I am using the pressed version if need to take the power with me.

on 11/3/2011 12:19:00 AM

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

This is incredible. It is the ONLY, **ONLY!!!** product that control oil on my nose. It mattifies my face, but doesn't add any colour. My mother has the oiliest skin I've ever seen (I'm talking high end foundations slipping off within 20 minutes oily) and I tried this on her and it kept her matte all day. I wear this alone on a 'no makeup day' with a little bit of BeneFit's Dandelion on top and it gives me this amazing natural gorgeous-but-not-flawless look. I apply this over my eye makeup and it gives my eyeshadow better wear and crease-free time than any eye primer.

Packaging is a joke, buy hey, it's a loose powder. ALL loose powders suck in the packaging department. Price isn't TOO bad. OF COURSE I will buy again. It's a no-brainer.

In short- it makes ALL my makeup last longer, look better and stops oil from appearing on my nose. BUY BUY BUY! Don't even hesitate! This is the holy grail of powders and I have no idea why it doesn't have cult status.

This is one of the best products I've ever bought from MAC. I used to almost need to re-do my make up when I got home from work if I was going out, however applying this wonderful finishing powder, my face stays put from 8am to 8pm and beyond with only a light touch up here and there; considering I work in a heated office and am often super busy, this is amazing.
Not only that, but it seems to even out my complexion and just gives my make up that extra little... something. I won't go without this stuff now, or ever. I love it so much that I don't care what it costs! :)
(Oh, but the packaging is a bitch).

on 6/5/2011 3:47:00 PM

Great powder! Fixes make up and reduces oiliness! It is great for hot summer days! My only wish is that it were less white and more neutral in colour. However if it is blended well it is OK.

on 5/10/2011 7:57:00 AM

Great product !
Foundation lasts much longer and if used without foundation the skin becomes ultra-soft.
My T-Zone is an oily mess and with this powder I have finally found something that keeps off shiny greasy skin, especially my forehead.
I was always sceptical to use powder as I feared it might slip into each line and wrinkle and make those more prominent. Being 30+ it is very good to know with this powder you will look some years younger as it smoothes out fine lines (also with no foundation beneath) !
If you prefer an ultra-natural finish this powder is your best friend.

Price is reasonable, too.

I cannot recommend this product enough.

It is important, however, not to use too much. A little goes a long way.