MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

Incredible stuff. Makes my oily skin spotless and matte all day.
You only need a tiny amount, this stuff will last forever.
It helps blur redness and uneven skin.
Packaging can be a tad messy, but very minimal.
Best powder I've used thus far, I've tried em all.

on 10/4/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I honestly don't know what to rate this. I really don't know how exactly I feel about this product. This is my first ever translucent powder I've used, so I can't compare it to many others which is why eventually once I've tried out another I will come back to re-rate this and revise my review. It has so many good reviews, so I genuinely am conflicted as to why it's not working out for me.

It's not horrible, but it's not good. It does keep oils at bay for a longer period of time, but honestly it's not spectacular. It only keeps me oil-free for slightly longer, sometimes I don't know why I even include the extra step.

Also I have had two huge mishaps with this powder twice. Due to it not really preventing oil all that much, I tried to apply a bit more than usual so I could really see its potential. Wrong. Horrible. Never again. I did this twice, I became an absolute cakey mess. I'm talking, foundation cracking around the eyes, nose, mouth, upper lip and I don't have dry skin. I had to spray 10 fix+ pumps to even mildly fix it, but in the end I couldn't leave the house like that and I had to take it off. I have to be so cautious with this powder, it's such a pain sometimes.

However most of the time I don't become a cakey mess, and in those times I'd rate it maybe a 3.5/5? It does do something at least. I do feel like it's not as finely milled as some other translucents I've felt at Sephora too. Once I'm done with this, I am going to try the Laura Mercier OR the Mac Pressed Translucent powder because I feel like that would be less likely to give me excess product and hopefully I will get better results and for that I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/18/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- blurs the skin's texture
- gives that soft finish i really enjoy
- extends the wear of my foundation

cons:
- expensive
- very small amount (only 9g to a jar - MUFE loose powder is 10g and covergirl is 20g)

repurchase: yes, it's the best loose powder i've used thus far.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this as a treat as the price is outrageous. You can get something identical from GOSH for half the price and ELF for even less.

That said, I do love this. It blurs the look of pores, mattifies without dulling, and sets my face rally nicely. It does need touching up during the day which other powder doesn't so much.

I'd like the compact one for work, but next time I will get the GOSH one.

Does a really good job at smoothing out find lines and pores. I have repurchased. Just wish it held up longer on my oily skin. But that's a struggle I battle with all makeup. I love this!

on 12/22/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this for setting my foundation before more powder products - blush, highlight. It's not enough to mattify my oily T-Zone though so I use a different powder for that. But I prefer this to a lot of other loose setting powders and will continue to use it.

on 3/19/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is an exact COPY of MUFE HD Powder. It's mostly silica, which absorbs oil (silica is what is in those tiny little white cloth rectangle/squares you find in packaging of leather goods, electronics, clothes, as it keeps the package within the packaging protected from humidity.) It also flies everywhere however you pick it up and then deposit on the skin. Because of this "cloud" of silica I'm not sure if it's a good idea to be inhalling it. You need to back out of the cloud it produces. It's not really a powder per say. I'd rather have one of Dior's loose powders for setting anything as it's so finely milled. I know, it will add some coverage, but not much, especially if you use a full brush for depsit (and it won't sbsorb oil the way silica does.) I think MAC's BLOT powder is better at absorbing excess oil than this. Nonetheless I do like it for what it is/does and would recommend it for someone more combination oily.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This powder is amazing! I dont like adding more coverage after applying foundation I just like to set.. this sets perfectly giving a soft focus effect imo. The container is a bit messy I don't carry this around with me but I dont find I need it after intial application. Would buy again but this literally lasts me forever!

on 1/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The hg of setting powder. Could not live without! I'm very shiny in my t zone and this keeps me shine free all day. Here is a helpful hint.....when you first open it, only remove half of the black sticker that covers the holes. So you just cut the sticker in half, leaving the other half over the holes. This keeps it from flying all over in the package!

Oh my god, words can't describe how much i've fallen for this product! I've seen a lot of bad reveiws for it and i can't see whats not to love. For ages i've loved the whole dewy shine look but after using this it took all my shine away and just give me doll like skin absolutely flawless it smoothed out my skin and felt so soft. I just added Vanilla pigment onto my cheek bone for that night time shine i love. Recommend this for oily skin! <3