MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

I can't wear foundation with this product. It really keep my skin less oily and my foundation stay all day long. Keep in my mind, do not apply it to much otherwise it will make your complexion look dull. Just apply on the areas that tend to be shine like t zone area.

on 3/25/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A replacement for blot powder! I wanted a powder that would not "add" color once I had foundation on. I have the world's biggest pores and a really oily T-zone combined with dry cheeks and had a problem with blot powder making the flakiness stand out, even though it kept me matte. I bought MUFE HD powder on a whim, but ended up returning it and buying Prep + Prime because it was cheaper. I didn't take the whole sticker off the top and just left a few holes open - I hate sifter tops and am prone spilling them. I just dip a regular powder brush to get a little bit on, then swirl it in the lid to distribute it evenly over the brush before putting it on. It keeps me matte all day and makeup goes on smoothly over it.

This is currently my everyday go-to setting powder. when i first got it, i didn't like it so didn't use it, it wasnt that impressive and i thought it was overhyped but omg this is SO GOOD. it doesn't really control oil very well (my nose gets a little oily after 5+ hours) but its so soft (no really, try touching your face after you apply this! its like silk!) and makes your make up stay on longer as well as softening your whole look. LOVE THIS STUFF! will keep repurchasing if i ever run out but you only need a tiny bit so i see this lasting me well over a year.

on 11/2/2009 6:58:00 PM

Amazing. The light-as-air consistency of the product doesn't cake, doesn't add any unnecessary colour to the skin and doesn't distort the colour of foundation. Even if one doesn't use foundation (if used after sunscreen, for example), this takes shine away, but still allows the natural dewiness of the skin to shine through.

What a remarkable product. I find this even better than the Blot Powder which I have. Also, it lasts almost the entire day - trust me, even after a session in the gym, my skin still looked close to perfection. Definitely a HG!

on 10/18/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this powder! It's transparent, hence it has no color over your makeup. It'll probably intimidate you once you put it on, making your face looking a bit white, but it'll transition later to your skintone. So no worries! Sets your foundation and concealer to it's place. Gives you the greatest matte looking face ever. The container that it comes in is great too because I use a 150 brush to powder my face with this product. It's opening is big enough to fit my 150 brush.

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.