MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really don't get how people could like this product ? It feels exactly like i spent 17 pounds on a jar of cornstarch ! . Its not transparent, it looks like you have a thin layer of white powder on your face. not to mention it makes my face itch ! . no no no .

on 12/16/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product did not work for me.I am nc45 and although the product is a white powder it claimed it would be transparent.but when I used it I looked like I got into a fight with a bottle of baby powder.not cute.I returned it for skin finish instead

on 7/9/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I bought this product from all it's good reviews and recommendations.
=( It didn't work for me.
I tried using it before my makeup and after ; it didn't work.
I tried using it before; it didn't work.
I tried using it after; it still didn't work.
It would combat my oil for at most an hour. So, it would only save me an hour before I would have to whip out my oil blotting sheets.
I also didn't like that it was white. It still showed up on my skin. I know not to use a crapload. I used a bit, just enough so it wouldn't show up. But even then it would take away my glow, and tone down the shade of my face.
Man, I was really hoping i'd like this.
I use about 2-4 oil blotting sheets a day.
Grr* I returned it.
If you're interested in this try it out at the MAC store, or try and get a sample first.

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am so sad, I really did like this powder, but I think it could me giving me breakouts. It has cornstarch in it and bacteria supposedly feeds off of that, so perhaps that was the culprit. Either way, I do what is best for my skin so I have to return it, although I really did like it :(

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best setting powder I've used so far. But it still doesn't get 5 stars as it's not perfect for my needs, but still closer than anything else I've tried!

Pros:
*Easy to blend
*Finely milled
*Doesn't cake!
*Doesn't make me look older like other powders
*Blurs large pores
*You get a lot of product
*Wears well and can be layered (when the oil comes through on my face it doesn't look bad after or ruin the rest of my makeup)

Cons:
*Looks horrid in flash photos
*Expensive (well *I* think it is)
*Bad packaging (you have to tape the holes!)
*Not travel friendly at all
*Can be messy (and I'm afraid to inhale it!)
*Is.Not.Invisible! (I'm a MAC NC 35-40 and I can see a white cast even after blending a lot but it goes away when the oil in my face comes through)
*Doesn't control my oily face all day (even with primer underneath)
*I have to apply twice the amount (previously I was only using a dab all over my face and I got shiny 2 hours later - I figured out I have to use much more than I thought to get it to last for around 6 hours)

Even with those cons, I will still use it up and will most likely repurchase as I haven't seen anything better (and cheaper) in the drug store. Maybe I'll try UD's Mattifying Powder or get this but the pressed compact version instead.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i really wanted this to work for me but it just made my t-zone oilier. it doesn't mean this product sucks, it just didn't work for my skin. isn't it so weird how different products work differently on everyone? i love my blot powder but will also try the mineralized skinfinish for a finishing all over powder in medium plus.

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.