MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this powder. Buffed on with the appropriate brush and used in conjunction with my Prep+Prime Skin with SPF 50, it made my skin appear flawless and instantly smooth. It didn't exactly last all day, but it did last a good 6 hours before I needed to reapply. That didn't bother me at all because, even after the second application, I didn't look chalky or cakey like I had expected.

The product is a bit on the expensive side, but seeing that very little is needed per application, this jar will take you a long way. I will definitely purchase again.

EDIT: This is LE but the SA told me that there is a powder available at the pro store that is basically the same so I'm not absolutely dying to stock up on this.

**EDIT #2** This is no longer LE! YAYYYY!

on 6/6/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!!!

This is BY FAR one of the best products I have ever used in my life! I have very oily skin on my nose and forehead, which makes me blot a lot. I go through so many blotting sheets, it's ridiculous. However, this product helps with all of that. I just brush a little on to my nose and that nasty shine just goes away. GONE! Just like that. There's no added color onto my face, I can keep using it over and over and it'll go on my face beautifully.

I've tried many products to help with my oiliness and this takes the prize. Goes on great, and you can use all day without it getting too packed on.

Buy it, you won't regret!!!

on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and just wanted something to make it appear smoother and make cover up a little redness since I rarely wear foundation. It doesn't really help with the redness but it does make my skin appear much better. It does not accentuate dry patches or flakes, it actually makes my skin appear less dry because to the luminous quality. I would definitely repurchase! Oh like others have said, don't peel off the sticker, i just peeled it back 1/3 and it's less messy that way.

on 7/9/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I bought this product from all it's good reviews and recommendations.
=( It didn't work for me.
I tried using it before my makeup and after ; it didn't work.
I tried using it before; it didn't work.
I tried using it after; it still didn't work.
It would combat my oil for at most an hour. So, it would only save me an hour before I would have to whip out my oil blotting sheets.
I also didn't like that it was white. It still showed up on my skin. I know not to use a crapload. I used a bit, just enough so it wouldn't show up. But even then it would take away my glow, and tone down the shade of my face.
Man, I was really hoping i'd like this.
I use about 2-4 oil blotting sheets a day.
Grr* I returned it.
If you're interested in this try it out at the MAC store, or try and get a sample first.

on 9/11/2009 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As much as I love the actual product, I REALLY hate the packaging! Every time I use it I manage to make a mess. The powder just FLIES everywhere, which is a pain because I use this every time I put on foundation and concealer, and the price is a bit hefty as well so I wouldn't want to waste any of the precious powder. I wish MAC would modify the packaging and make it easier and neater to handle.

But packaging aside, I love the powder and how it makes my makeup last and last and LAST. I have really oily skin and this powder has this tremendous staying power, foundation concealer and all will still be on at the end of the day. I also use this on my eyelids after I apply my eye makeup, and of course my eye makeup wouldn't budge the whole night. I use Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and it usually runs down a bit to below my eyes, but when I apply MAC's transparent finishing powder, I don't get horrible black circles under my eyes. And I can be using my most smudging mascara and it'd still stay.

So like I said, I love the product, and I think it's worth the price. But I hate the packaging.

on 10/18/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this powder! It's transparent, hence it has no color over your makeup. It'll probably intimidate you once you put it on, making your face looking a bit white, but it'll transition later to your skintone. So no worries! Sets your foundation and concealer to it's place. Gives you the greatest matte looking face ever. The container that it comes in is great too because I use a 150 brush to powder my face with this product. It's opening is big enough to fit my 150 brush.

on 11/2/2009 6:58:00 PM

Amazing. The light-as-air consistency of the product doesn't cake, doesn't add any unnecessary colour to the skin and doesn't distort the colour of foundation. Even if one doesn't use foundation (if used after sunscreen, for example), this takes shine away, but still allows the natural dewiness of the skin to shine through.

What a remarkable product. I find this even better than the Blot Powder which I have. Also, it lasts almost the entire day - trust me, even after a session in the gym, my skin still looked close to perfection. Definitely a HG!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i really wanted this to work for me but it just made my t-zone oilier. it doesn't mean this product sucks, it just didn't work for my skin. isn't it so weird how different products work differently on everyone? i love my blot powder but will also try the mineralized skinfinish for a finishing all over powder in medium plus.

This is currently my everyday go-to setting powder. when i first got it, i didn't like it so didn't use it, it wasnt that impressive and i thought it was overhyped but omg this is SO GOOD. it doesn't really control oil very well (my nose gets a little oily after 5+ hours) but its so soft (no really, try touching your face after you apply this! its like silk!) and makes your make up stay on longer as well as softening your whole look. LOVE THIS STUFF! will keep repurchasing if i ever run out but you only need a tiny bit so i see this lasting me well over a year.

on 12/16/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product did not work for me.I am nc45 and although the product is a white powder it claimed it would be transparent.but when I used it I looked like I got into a fight with a bottle of baby powder.not cute.I returned it for skin finish instead