MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

3.9

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

It is one of Mac products that doesn't disappoint me. I use this to finish my makeup, dusting lightly all over my face. It helps my makeup look flawless, especially in pictures.

However, always remember to dust this powder only as much as you need (more than that can be a disaster). This is a finishing powder, so when dusted too much it might leave white cast that will not be apparent in real person (but shows up in pictures, yikes!).

I do sometimes use this as my setting powder (and again, only VERY lightly dusted). I know people raved so much about Elf HD powder, but after using both products for a while, I dare to say this powder is still superior. Mac one is more finely milled compared to Elf (I could still find big powder particles from Elf which sometimes were left behind on my face).

If you can afford it, go with this powder.

on 11/12/2014 9:53:00 AM

i have this as substitute of my hd powder from makeup forever ...this powder works perfectly on camera flash without whiteness like makeup forever hd powder does :)

on 1/25/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Keeps my oily skin matte, and my make up fresh throughout the day! Cant stand the packaging, as a lot of product gets wasted! I have purchased this many times and it is the HG of finishing powders!

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am so sad, I really did like this powder, but I think it could me giving me breakouts. It has cornstarch in it and bacteria supposedly feeds off of that, so perhaps that was the culprit. Either way, I do what is best for my skin so I have to return it, although I really did like it :(

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best setting powder I've used so far. But it still doesn't get 5 stars as it's not perfect for my needs, but still closer than anything else I've tried!

Pros:
*Easy to blend
*Finely milled
*Doesn't cake!
*Doesn't make me look older like other powders
*Blurs large pores
*You get a lot of product
*Wears well and can be layered (when the oil comes through on my face it doesn't look bad after or ruin the rest of my makeup)

Cons:
*Looks horrid in flash photos
*Expensive (well *I* think it is)
*Bad packaging (you have to tape the holes!)
*Not travel friendly at all
*Can be messy (and I'm afraid to inhale it!)
*Is.Not.Invisible! (I'm a MAC NC 35-40 and I can see a white cast even after blending a lot but it goes away when the oil in my face comes through)
*Doesn't control my oily face all day (even with primer underneath)
*I have to apply twice the amount (previously I was only using a dab all over my face and I got shiny 2 hours later - I figured out I have to use much more than I thought to get it to last for around 6 hours)

Even with those cons, I will still use it up and will most likely repurchase as I haven't seen anything better (and cheaper) in the drug store. Maybe I'll try UD's Mattifying Powder or get this but the pressed compact version instead.
If my review helped you, click yes below!