MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

Just looked at the reviews from users with dry skin like I have. Guess I'm the odd man out on this. Absolutely hate it and am throwing it out after using it three times. The pros: it's not expensive and is very finely milled. The cons: sucks the very life out of my skin, making it look flat, dry, and lifeless and exaggerating any and every tiny flake in sight.

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

on 8/31/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder really did not do anything. It did not improve the look of my makeup, and it dried my skin out while providing no oil control. It's also expensive for being primarily corn starch and silica. I would recommend trying this before buying since I just did not have good luck with it like other people did.

on 12/28/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Make Up For Ever's HD powder which is 100% silica but at $40 it was just too pricey. I read about this on MUA and because MAC gets so much love and because it looks exactly like my beloved MUFE's powder, I bought it and gave it a try. Took me some time to realize that this was the culprit of some of the WORST acne breakouts I've ever had IN MY LIFE!!! In my life. Seriously. I was at the MAC counter for another product when I asked to read the ingredients for this powder, lo and behold, high up on the list was CORN STARCH. So this isn't "exactly like MUFE" as they say on the boards. Plus, corn starch is known to be a feeding frenzy for all kinds of bacteria on your face. Yuck yucky yuck!!! Went back to MUFE's 100% silica powder. Expensive but at least I don't look like an 8th grader.

on 11/15/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really hoped that i would love this powder, cause I have read so much about it.... But I don't understand the hype yet. I have used it for 4 days now, maybe I need to give it more time? But this does NOT mattify! At least not my oily acne-prone skin! This actually gives almost a little shine instead....it does not refine imperfections either...and does not minimize pores, like Mineral veil does (at least on my skin). So what is it good for? Maybe to keep the makeup on place...I don't know...

This is a OK powder, but not for that money and not for my shiny oily skin....

BE Mineral Veil is still my favourite powder, and yet nothing has come even close to replace it.... ;)

Update: YES, it's true. In the end of the day my face is all oily and looks like a mess with large pores and a real oil slick! I guess this can suit some people, but my skin said "no" to this.... :( :(

Wanted to love this product. The powder still looked a little white on me, which made me look super pale. It also gave me a cakey look on my face. Will stick to MAC Blot Powder!

on 2/4/2010 4:58:00 PM

This really clung and caked on my dry spots. Made me look old and dull. No thanks!

on 11/2/2009 12:37:00 AM

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with almost everyone on this product =(. Based on other reviews, I was expecting a product that would make me look poreless, and blurs all my "imperfections" while making me less oily. I'd have to say no to everything. My pores looked exactly the same, my few "imperfections" were still very clearly there and this made me more oily than Maybelline Dream Matte powder- I have to blot within 3 hours and I don't even have very oily skin. In fact, I thought this was like the MUFE HD powder (which also did nothing for me) so now I have 2 barely used translucent powders that do nothing- on me anyways. I did try to useing vaying amounts but nothing worked. One note- I don't wear foundation, just a base so maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work? But then again, I can't remember exactly which one but either one or both of the powders said that I can use it on a bare face and none of them said specifically that it only works over foundation. So, in the end I was very disappointed with this. It did absolutely nothing for me.

on 11/1/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm, well, I'm in the minority on this one but I do have dry skin so that might explain why this didn't work for me. Just returned it today. Back to the drawing board for me on a translucent powder.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.