MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Worst powder I've used!
Yes it does get rid of shine but looks TERRIBLE WITH FLASH PHOTOGRAPHS.
You'll look all grey and white even with the tiniest amount.
Total waste of money!
Bottom line: you'll regret buying this, I assure you.

on 12/28/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Make Up For Ever's HD powder which is 100% silica but at $40 it was just too pricey. I read about this on MUA and because MAC gets so much love and because it looks exactly like my beloved MUFE's powder, I bought it and gave it a try. Took me some time to realize that this was the culprit of some of the WORST acne breakouts I've ever had IN MY LIFE!!! In my life. Seriously. I was at the MAC counter for another product when I asked to read the ingredients for this powder, lo and behold, high up on the list was CORN STARCH. So this isn't "exactly like MUFE" as they say on the boards. Plus, corn starch is known to be a feeding frenzy for all kinds of bacteria on your face. Yuck yucky yuck!!! Went back to MUFE's 100% silica powder. Expensive but at least I don't look like an 8th grader.

on 2/19/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was disappointed in this product... I heard it would deflect light and give your skin an even look... even prevent oil..... but i tried a tiny bit and all it did was make my skin look extreamly dry and flaky.. i had to rinse it off immediately...

on 6/9/2009 5:08:00 AM

This isn't very good for oil control if you're an oily girl. It has NOWHERE near the oil control that Blot Powder has. However it is very finely milled and that makes it good for using sparingly in places with fine lines that can't tolerate too much cakey powder, for example around the eyes and above the lips.

About the shade, it's very, very white, almost flouro white! Initially, I made the mistake of using this all over and it made my face look very pale and flat and I had to use a fair bit of bronzer to bring some life back to my face. I am a C4-C5 shade.

When I look at the shade next to Mercier's transparent powder, it is obvious how very pale this is because it makes Mercier's transparent powder looks positively creamy by comparison!

Update: Downgrading this to a 1 because of how pale it makes me look in photos. MAC please produce a tinted version! The texture is still good.

on 6/8/2009 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Unfortunately, this powder did not work for me. It did nothing to keep my oily skin at bay; in fact, it made me oilier. After two days of wearing this, I developed small surface whiteheads in the area I had applied the powder (T-Zone). Needless to say, I will be returning this.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this for a long time then realised this was the reason that I had a horrible greyish cast on my face with flash photography. For years I thought, my make up doesn't look like that does it? But then reading some threads I realised that this powder was the culprit. It's disheartening to say this because this powder really does finish your makeup nicely. Since searching for alternatives, I have come across several powders that are miles ahead, but none which are transparent. So I have kept what remains in my jar and maybe one day I might try it again.

on 3/14/2011 8:48:00 AM

I don´t like this stuff at all. I'm always among Nars, LM, MUFE or even Airspun, but I decided to give a try to my beloved MAC and.....I'm disappointed...
I've medium to tan skin in winter and I get very tanned during summer so, when I use this, it seems I put a thick layer of talc over my face, awful. On the other hand, it´s not exactly 100% silica, so sometimes I feel my skin a little itchy. And the last thing is I feel it's too matte for me. It does a really good job keeping oilies at bay, but it dries too much my skin kinda if I was using Nars sheer matte instead of sheer glow!!! Definitely, won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn't seem to do anything for me! Everytime I wear it ontop of my Bobbi Brown longlasting foundation it leaves chalky residue. It doesn't control oil or last very long. I keep trying it again and again and am dissappointed everytime.