MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 4/21/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

It's definitely not transparent in a flash photo! I appreciate that this product is for sensitive skin and eyes, but the photo flash-back is a deal-breaker.

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I live in a very windy city with harsh weather conditions that usually wreck my makeup immediately as I step out of my building. This powder however stays where it should throughout the walk to/ whole day at the office. It gives my face a nice blurred finish evening out the skin tone almost like a portable instafilter. I've noticed that my skin looks much better in photos with this stuff on too, more even and glowy.

As others have pointed out, the packaging is a bit messy and if you carry it around it's quite easy to spill, but the price is fair (even here in Sweden) and I'm definitely buying again.

on 1/17/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I applied this product the color of my foundation became darker. Also, it clung to the dry patches on my face. It does help control shine for a few hours but in this case the cons have outweighed the pros. Result: Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

on 8/31/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG finishing powder, makes my skin look flawless and mattifies oily areas. I use it to set my foundation and then again as a finishing veil. I used to use MUFE finishing powder but this is definitely a winner as I find the MAC powder slightly more finer than MUFE

on 8/21/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm almost finished with using this product so I thought now is a good time to write a review.
Very good under eye setting powder which does not make the area look cakey no matter how much you apply. It has flashback however so I only used in the day.

on 6/22/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that just wont keep my makeup in tact a whole work day (8am-5pm). After reading a few dozen reviews on this powder, I bit the bullet and ordered this from online. The container is much smaller than I assumed it would be after reading the reviews, but I can tell there is a lot of product in there and it'll last a while. This product does exactly what it says it will, and I'm in love. I do disagree with other reviewers about the holes being too big/too much product being wasted. You just has to be using the right brush! Like a kabuki :)
(I've already rebought this product. One container lasts me about 4 months.)

on 2/27/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So basically there are pro's and con's to this product but I really feel the pros far outweigh the cons. This powder is perfect as a day time powder. So the pro's
1. it sets your make up amazingly
2. stops any under eye creasing (mine was extreme). With this powder my under eye does not crease at all
3. matifys your skin
4. keeps make up in place, ALL DAY. it does not budge at all!
During the day there is not apparent white finish
5. Normally I have to touch up, especially under my eyes and my cheeks, with this I do not have to touch up at all

Cons
1. I would never suggest using this if you have a wedding / party etc as photos are normally taken at these events and this product under FLASH photogoraphy leaves such an apparent white mask, almost like you have chucked talc powder the areas you put the MAC product
That is the only con. don't use this if you know you will be having photos with flash taken as the white powder will be so visible.
Other than that, its the perfect day time powder and night if you aren't having photos taken

on 12/24/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is pure perfection. I have been using MAC's Studio Fix powder on top of my foundation for a few years and tired of the orangey appearance that powder gave me I decided to try a transparent one. Prep&Prime powder was exactly what I was looking for.No powdery look,easy to blend,sets make up to last all day and gives the face a beautiful glow. One of the few MAC products that are worth the hype.I have been using it everyday for the last six months and it hasn't broken me out. I am very pleased with it, it's definitely worth its money and I would definitely repurchase.