MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

on 1/4/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Holy smokes! Why haven't I purchased this sooner???????? I was on the hunt for a really good setting powder to set my foundation/concealer and I tried several diff kinds before MAC. I tried Chanel, Korres, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Covergirl, L'Oreal, etc you name it, i tried it. From cheap to expensive and everything in between. I went to my local MAC counter and just browsing I saw this on the display counter and asked the SA about it. She said it's the best for setting any makeup and i thought- yeah right. just like everyone else told me. Well, I decided to fork out the money -again- to see if it's really true. To my delight, I was really shocked to see how well it performed. It set my foundation and concealer perfectly and made my skin absolutely FLAWLESS! It covered all my large pores and made them literally disappear! The staying power was awesome and it lasted all day throughout the night til i took it off. A little goes a long way and I use this w/ a mac's flat large eyeshadow brush for the best coverage. I am so happy to find this and I will definitely will repurchase

on 11/27/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist, whose clients are most women of color, consider this review...

PRO: mattes the face

CON: 1. Messy, flies everywhere. 2. APPEARS IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! 3. Makes clients look ghostly, a dusty white cast.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

amazing, makes pores disappear giving you an airbrushed finish.
However, ease up if having lots of photos taken :) as it can give you a washed out white mask effect.
now comes in pressed as well, next time i will purchase that one :D

on 2/11/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I usually wait a bit before writing a review but this powder is so bomb! I got it yesterday and today I did my makeup around 10:30. I usually get oily around my tzone but not today. I looked in my mirror around 3 and was like something is different. I wasn't oily at all! This is a must have! Oh and I just poked some holes in the top instead of taking the paper off. This helps to not get too much product on the brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was debating over the MUFE HD powder or the Laura Mercier powder, but i'm so glad i went for this one. It really does go on translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on my face, in real life or in photographs. I use it to set my concealer and foundation and it does that very well. I also use it even if i'm not wearing any concealer or foundation, i find that it just makes my skin feel a lot smoother, keeps it matte for pretty much the whole day and gives my face a more 'soft focus' kind of look.

Of course, when applied over dry and flaky skin, which i do have, it will make the skin look even drier and scaly. But what do you expect when you put powder over flaky skin, pretty much all powder will make it look worse.

Overall, its a great setting powder and just an all over powder, love it and will be my holy grail translucent powder. Not even interested in trying other brands because it's that good, my search is over :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

A SA recommended this when I told her my fdnt (Studio Fix) did not blend into my skin. She suggested I give this a try. Imagine my surprise when I, NW45-50, applied a white/white powder on my face. I couldn't see how it was going to blend in and not appear WHITE.

LOVE IT! I use it as a primer before I apply fdnt to give me the poreless matte look that I love (I'm well over 40). It helps with the oil but I still have to blot a couple of times daily (usually mid-day).

I apply w/a big fluffy brush (did not buy the brush the SA tried to sell) I bought the powder delux brush Sally's which I love. continued >>

on 11/19/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

11/19/09 FIRST REVIEW

I will do a weekly trial on this but first so far so good... This really works. I LOVE a matte finish and I am very oily in my T-zone area. I used to say the heck with it and blot with tissue but would eventually strip me of my makeup. I must say I am a MAC girl and its hard to stray away but I have tested other. Make Up Forever does have a nice one but is $9 more so here i am and must say pleased thus far...! Will check back in about a week. Also to note this container does allow for too much powder to get out. I placed tape over all except one hole...! Less is best in this case!!!