MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!

on 12/5/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent setting powder if you are very oily. It is completely translucent, doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't settle in lines, minimizes pores, a little goes a very long way, and gives a smooth finish. I use this in my tzone ONLY ( nose and forehead) and it keeps me matte all day, if I apply it with a damp beauty blender.

on 7/11/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG powder. It's pricey (for me), at $22 USD for 9g of powder, but so worth it, as a little goes a long way and the product delivers what it promises. For reference, I am NW25, with dry/sensitive skin, and medium sized pores. I am not prone to breakouts, except the occasional monthly zit.

This powder looks like plain white cornstarch in the jar. It is very finely milled, and very light and soft. It has no fragrance, which I personally appreciate. The jar is your standard screw-top jar with a shaker dispenser type insert. This can be a little messy the first couple of times you use the powder, as so much comes out with only a small tap, and only a small amount is needed. Be very careful to tap lightly and open the lid slowly, tapping on top as you go so you don't lose product all over the vanity when you open the lid. Although the powder is stark white, it somehow blends right into my skin and doesn't leave a white cast or wash me out. It also does a FANTASTIC job of blurring/shrinking the appearance of pores, so it gives a nice soft focus finish. I have no idea how well this controls oil or shine, as this is not something I have any issue with. However, on the flipside, it can accentuate flaky/dry skin if your skin is not well moisturized, so take care to apply a good moisturizer (and primer) before your foundation. I apply it with a kabuki brush (ecotools retractable kabuki), as this is simply my brush of choice for loose powder. I "dot" it on first and then swirl and buff to spread it around and blend it in. The result is a soft focus, natural finish that is not chalky or powdery looking, and that plays well with blushes/highlighters/etc..

Have and will continue to repurchase. Excellent product.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have given up all pigmented face powders for this one. Dusted over a bit of BB Skin Foundation it REALLY makes me look as though I'm not wearing anything at all. Though they are similar products, P& P gives a lighter, less matte, more natural looking finish than MUFE's HD finishing powder. I reserve the HD powder for when I know I'm going to be photographed. Worn over foundation, P & P finishes but adds zero color. Worn alone over moisturizer it softens imperfections and gives a very natural, semi matte finish.
P & P is definite HG material for those of us who like a very natural or no makeup look for daytime.

PS: Try peeling back the adhesive label only halfway and trimming the rest away. This prevents too much powder from being released into the shaker portion at one time. I use a smaller powder brush (my Armani blush brush works great) to pick up a bit of powder, then I tap it into the lid. I swirl, then tap again, then dust it lightly over my face.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

HG Powder! I'm a convert from Bare Escentuals mineral veil. If you like to set your makeup but don't want to appear that you're wearing any powder, then you'll love this stuff. It is an extremely fine-milled white powder that disappears into your skin while minimizing pores and shine. I don't feel it gives me as matte a finish as the mineral veil does, but I have really started to like a dewy finish more so I don't mind. I still use the mineral veil when I want a more made-up look, as it does a great job of making my skin look airbrushed, but Prep+Prime has taken it's place as my every day setting powder.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wonderful product for keeping my oily T-zone at bay! I like the packaging and the fact that a little bit of the product goes a long way. I have used this over foundation and it has worked well. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. The texture is very fine and silky. Would buy again!

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love this! I purchased it after reading so many good reviews on here. I'm glad I did.

I have oily skin. I hate saying that but it's true. About 2 hours after I put my makeup on I usually look like a shiny disaster. Ew. Additionally, I HATE touching up my makeup. The way I see it, I spend enough time doing my makeup in the morning that I shouldn't have to think about it again for the rest of the day. My face does not see it that way. It is very high maintenance.

This product allows me to put my makeup on in the morning and basically ignore my face until I wash it at night. 8-10 hours later I am not shiny. I'm "dewy." It looks pretty, not gross.

on 4/6/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this the day I got it and immediately fell in love with it. I tend to get pretty oily at times and usually blot it away. Well, this time I used a little bit of the finishing powder and it immediately made all the shininess disappear! Itdoes not turn my face white or make it look powdery at all. It makes my face feel nice and smooth after I put it on. I defintely recommend it. Glad it's permanent!

on 2/1/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great and it doesnt break me out. However it is extremely expensive, u only get 9 grams. Laura mercier is 29 grams and it costs 400 sek, it is more affordable in the long run. HORRIBLE for pictures with flash, u look crazy white!